HfxTC

If HAM does sign him that's perfect, will make one more QB that I would prefer potentially available.
Mitchell, Reilly, Jennings, Harris, Nichols, Ray and let's say Manziel would be the #1's on their respective teams... leaving 2 starting spots available, and the chance to work with Sherman surely helps as well.
Not even sure if Sask would even look for a change or remain status quo... MTL might end up being the only destination with a starting QB spot truly open.

Given that, we should be able to sign the best FA available.. from what I read here that would seem to be Franklin or Masoli. I would be concerned with Collaros because of health, so not someone I'm hoping  to see us sign unless it's as a backup.
I suspect they will try and snow Masoli into sticking around. He'd be my first pick out of the bunch, even ahead of Franklin.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Brendan McGuire

MadJack

Here's another good read!

http://lastwordonsports.com/2017/12/29/manziel-montreal-makes-sense/
As letsgoticats said to you over on the TigerCats boards, "Stop linking to your own blog.  Either contribute to discussion here or leave."

ro1313

As letsgoticats said to you over on the TigerCats boards, "Stop linking to your own blog.  Either contribute to discussion here or leave."
He was told by Sully as well....I report the posts as spam 

MadJack

Actually you have to grudgingly admire the man's monumental ego.

"here's another good read [because I wrote it !!]"

ro1313

LOL
Good point

idealsheldon

Well if you really want to reach for an Alouette connection there`s this.

McGuire does a podcast with former Roughrider Marcus Adams who lists being an Alouette Pro Scout on his Linked In. He had tweeted about it, although the Als never announced it, nor does he appear on the Als website or media guide.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2017/12/06/chunky-man-cfl-podcast-episode-6-less-browne-guests/

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/marcus-adams-4334865a
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

everyman

If HAM does sign him that's perfect, will make one more QB that I would prefer potentially available.
Mitchell, Reilly, Jennings, Harris, Nichols, Ray and let's say Manziel would be the #1's on their respective teams... leaving 2 starting spots available, and the chance to work with Sherman surely helps as well.
Not even sure if Sask would even look for a change or remain status quo... MTL might end up being the only destination with a starting QB spot truly open.

Given that, we should be able to sign the best FA available.. from what I read here that would seem to be Franklin or Masoli. I would be concerned with Collaros because of health, so not someone I'm hoping  to see us sign unless it's as a backup.
I suspect they will try and snow Masoli into sticking around. He'd be my first pick out of the bunch, even ahead of Franklin.
I agree. While I think Hamilton will resign Masoli, if he becomes available he's the guy I'd focus on. He has shown improvement with every start, he's mobile, durable and proven he can win in this league and has been around awhile.
From what I've seen of Franklin I think he's going to have a torn ACL soon. He's very flat footed and rooted when he throws. Just a bad combination. plus I think he stays in Toronto.

Johnny Ticat slayer

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

everyman

nguyenMTL

Cut it out Brenda!

The guy does put together a good CfL Blog. Not sure why he is being so ripped here.
The problem with the guy is that all he does is giving a link to his blog, which is akin to advertising.

The same thing happened on impactsoccer.com, a Montreal Impact forum. Basically, Vincent Destouches, the current MLS analyst on TVA Sports, was only giving links to his blog in his posts. He was openly called out by the forum most frequent users, and he never posted on that forum again.

pw13

The problem with the guy is that all he does is giving a link to his blog, which is akin to advertising.

The same thing happened on impactsoccer.com, a Montreal Impact forum. Basically, Vincent Destouches, the current MLS analyst on TVA Sports, was only giving links to his blog in his posts. He was openly called out by the forum most frequent users, and he never posted on that forum again.
It's basically a violation of netiquette. McGuire contributes NO comments to any discussion on these forums -- all he does is submit links to his own blog. If you're not going to participate in discussions, then by all means lurk away, but stop using these forums as a vehicle to advertise yourself. "Another great read" takes the cake.

everyman

Fair enough. Easy enough for him to play fair and still get his stories out there I guess. But his blog is pretty good nevertheless. But I do often see posters link to a story without comment. But, given they are not the author (presumably) is the difference I guess.

HfxTC

Fair enough. Easy enough for him to play fair and still get his stories out there I guess. But his blog is pretty good nevertheless. But I do often see posters link to a story without comment. But, given they are not the author (presumably) is the difference I guess.
I do that but I participate in discussions but it isn't self-serving.

There was a guy here who use to post "Jack Bedell" then one day he got a few articles posted on CFL.ca and we never saw him again... I'm always skeptical about media people exchanging in fan forums. They don't belong here.

idealsheldon

There was an Alouette scout at Manziel`s workout. Hopefully there to scout other players and not Johnny Highball.

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor

There were 47 scouts here at Texas A&M pro day including 2 from the CFL — representing the @MTLAlouettes and @sskroughriders #CFL #manziel

Users Online

53 Guests, 0 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (12)

Most Online Today: 125. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)