mrleemtl

And please get rid of Kavis Reed, Anthony Calvillo.
A head coach with some experience please, and some youthful talent. Time to start building from the ground up, with an eye to something other than pocket passing. We should have stuck with McPherson, or Cato.
Durant was a terrible idea. Sounds like Kaepernick could use the work these days. Has anyone approached him?
I am very disappointed by the fire-sale of many of our best players: Woods, Green, Lavoie, etc etc. and for THIS ?!
It is VERY difficult to be an Als fan for the last number of years.

HfxTC

Not sure about the Kaepernick thing. But I think you represent the majority of fans who just are no longer having any fun following this team.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

GHT120

Looking at the roster, for the rest of this season there is nobody over 28 that I really want to watch as (even if things are done right, well and relatively quickly) most won't be here when the team gets good again.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

Looking at the roster, for the rest of this season there is nobody over 28 that I really want to watch as (even if things are done right, well and relatively quickly) most won't be here when the team gets good again.
That's why Kavis should be making trades. Allow some of these vets who haven't seen post season in years to get one last shot.

GHT120

That's why Kavis should be making trades. Allow some of these vets who haven't seen post season in years to get one last shot.
That's the nice way to phrase it, as an Als fan I would say get whatever draft picks or young assets you can; the vets in post-season is icing on the cake IMO.

Niagara Als

For the past two games I turned the TV of at half time. I never did this before as I am addicted to the Als. The team'QB Durant is over the hill. I would like to see the young QBs play the closing games. I stay tuned should the Als do this and, also test out candidates for other positions also. I have some agreement with Richard that the owners have generally been very supportive of the team. Financially this is very true. I did not agree with the firing of Chapdelaine. He did bring winning ways to the team ate last season but, Kavis did not give hm the players needed for 2017.

tony

Cats win over the Bombers. They are now 4-2 since the change in HC and at QB. And officially out of last place leaving the beloved Als in that position right now.

HfxTC

Cats win over the Bombers. They are now 4-2 since the change in HC and at QB. And officially out of last place leaving the beloved Als in that position right now.
Als are behind a team that started 0-8. "The Great Kazoo" was a disaster... Wow!

tony

Another ex Al had a pretty good game today, Brandon Bridge leading the Riders to victory over the Argos.
292 yards passing.

HfxTC

Another ex Al had a pretty good game today, Brandon Bridge leading the Riders to victory over the Argos.
292 yards passing.
Bridge is the one Popp tried to force to the PR after trading for Adams.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Glass half empty or half full?

Kaepernick is trying hard to get back in the NFL. All the doors are shut. 

Will he change his mind about the CFL?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/titans-deny-an-interested-colin-kaepernick-the-chance-to-work-out-after-mariota-injury/
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

GHT120

292 yards passing.
As with BB's other big game this year, watching the highlights all the big plays are to his first read, his head never seems to move.  That gives me pause in giving too much credit; even Cr0ompton looked good if he didn't need to make a second/third/fourth read.

Niagara Als

292 yards passing.
As with BB's other big game this year, watching the highlights all the big plays are to his first read, his head never seems to move.  That gives me pause in giving too much credit; even Cr0ompton looked good if he didn't need to make a second/third/fourth read.
Yes GHT  too noticed  that Bridge was not doing much in the manner of reading the receivers field and, he was looking mainly at his chosen receiver with his eyes on that player completely.  How ever, we should now admit,as the TSN panel did that Bridge is in the process of playing well enough to be on par with other first strings QBs. The Regina coaches have been successful in in coaching him to such a level. When the NFL scouts assessed him they predicted that he would be enabled to play at a high level QB  if he received additional coaching and development. It now appears Bridge has done this and, is now playing at a much improved level. But,the Als management wanted him to move to a practice.We lost two promising QBs to Regina.

tony

One could argue first read or not, as good as DD and not making the same money.

GHT120

292 yards passing.
As with BB's other big game this year, watching the highlights all the big plays are to his first read, his head never seems to move.  That gives me pause in giving too much credit; even Cr0ompton looked good if he didn't need to make a second/third/fourth read.
Yes GHT  too noticed  that Bridge was not doing much in the manner of reading the receivers field and, he was looking mainly at his chosen receiver with his eyes on that player completely.  How ever, we should now admit,as the TSN panel did that Bridge is in the process of playing well enough to be on par with other first strings QBs. ...
Given what we agree on ... that speaks ill of the CFL's 1st string QBs.

I find the TSN Panel goes very positive or very negative, so I take all they say with a (large) grain of salt.

BB clearly has all the physical tools you can ask for, and given what happened with Cato (nobody even wanted a look??) and Adams, BB is reinforcing Jim Popp's rep for not being able to find/pick QBs as JP clearly let the wrong one go.  How good BB can be, well only time will tell.Popp reinforced his

Users Online

109 Guests, 14 Users (18 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
vjcos, LeBird, The Last Word, bobo82, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, tony, KevinRiley2, bowl450, Taleback, habcat, Google (18)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)