HfxTC

…..You know I like winning....we've been in a Cup drought so long that anything resembling a light at the end of the tunnel is exciting to me....BUT I hate seeing another club...who were great not that long ago..take a drubbing like that...To say the Als. need a lot of work is putting it mildly...We've been there and it took a lot of time to get off of the carpet...It'll come with the right personnel in place and that's just it....Finding those people is the trick...Hope the Mont. fans can stick it out through these trying days till it happens... bonne chance guys...and I do mean that sincerely
Hey Papa! How you been ? Hope you are well.

No one with a reputation in this league will work for Andrew Wetenhall. I am certain of it. So starting with that. They must do the right thing and sell, if they can't sell they should give the keys to the league. They will save themselves lots of money because they are about to take the bath of their lives. 
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Quote from: HfxTC
Right, so you should be held hostage.... Kind of like accepting low lives in your country because they have their kids in tow.

Strange analogy. While I might very well agree with you on the last part of your statement, we're not supposed to discuss politics on this board. So I won't.

Suffice it to say that you're stretching the analogy. All I'm saying is that if you don't support your team, it could very well fold. And I'd hate to see any CFL team fold because I love our Canadian game.

???
It won't fold, Montrealers love football. But they will not support this abomination, I am certain of it. This team not only loses, it can't even put points on the board going on five years. They can't entertain their fans!

Up until this year they wanted gold for their tickets. Now they will let you in for a cover-charge, its too late. Unless the Commish can convince someone in the league to "give" a quarterback to the Als, they can't turn this around and fans are going to tune them out. Last week they competed with the F1 Grand Prix, they could get any press. This week they competed with the NHL draft and could not get any press. Reporters don't even want to cover the team. Hell their broadcaster pre-empted their pre and post game show to cover the draft... dodged a bullet I guess , the way they played. 

There is also a real disconnect when your owner is a New York Banker, your GM lives in Edmonton and your HC lives in Cap Cod. This has been allowed to go on with this team for a decade. When Rick Campbell and Marcel Desjardins took over the expansion Senators, they moved, put down roots and can be seen walking the streets and taking their kids to soccer and parents visits. They are selling their team year round. It is the same in most CFL towns. Some get away for a couple months during the winter like Huf and Buono but that's it.

Once exception is Toronto where Trestman and Popp live in the US but the jury is still out in Toronto. Even with a GC fans have not returned.

They will lose 2 to 3 million this year and 5 million starting next year.

tony

Quote from: HfxTC
Right, so you should be held hostage.... Kind of like accepting low lives in your country because they have their kids in tow.

Strange analogy. While I might very well agree with you on the last part of your statement, we're not supposed to discuss politics on this board. So I won't.

Suffice it to say that you're stretching the analogy. All I'm saying is that if you don't support your team, it could very well fold. And I'd hate to see any CFL team fold because I love our Canadian game.

???
It won't fold, Montrealers love football. But they will not support this abomination, I am certain of it. This team not only loses, it can't even put points on the board going on five years. They can't entertain their fans!

Up until this year they wanted gold for their tickets. Now they will let you in for a cover-charge, its too late. Unless the Commish can convince someone in the league to "give" a quarterback to the Als, they can't turn this around and fans are going to tune them out. Last week they competed with the F1 Grand Prix, they could get any press. This week they competed with the NHL draft and could not get any press. Reporters don't even want to cover the team. Hell their broadcaster pre-empted their pre and post game show to cover the draft... dodged a bullet I guess , the way they played.

There is also a real disconnect when your owner is a New York Banker, your GM lives in Edmonton and your HC lives in Cap Cod. This has been allowed to go on with this team for a decade. When Rick Campbell and Marcel Desjardins took over the expansion Senators, they moved, put down roots and can be seen walking the streets and taking their kids to soccer and parents visits. They are selling their team year round. It is the same in most CFL towns. Some get away for a couple months during the winter like Huf and Buono but that's it.

Once exception is Toronto where Trestman and Popp live in the US but the jury is still out in Toronto. Even with a GC fans have not returned.

They will lose 2 to 3 million this year and 5 million starting next year.
Larry Smith knew how to sell the team in the community. He was everywhere.

Since then, hard pressed to hear anything about the team.

Lyle B. Style

Quote from: Lyle B. Style
Now Baltic Fox appears on the CFL.ca scene.

Johnny Ticat also does the odd 3rd person referral but Johnny knows his football and is one of the best posters across our native land. I mean that sincerely. Papazoola from Winnipeg is another guy you should be welcoming.

I'm not questioning Johnny Ticat's knowledge of football. What's puzzling me though is that the welcome I've been getting from him is more closely akin to harassment. But if that's the game he wants to play, hey I'll oblige!

;)
Johnny harasses all comers - but its not really harassment - its more like he's testing your football knowledge - if you have football knowledge and can demonstrate it on Johnny's boards you'll have no problem. He'll just kid you in lieu of torment . . . .
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Balticfox

Johnny harasses all comers....

No problem. I'm always up for any frank exchange of opinion.

;)
Radically Canadian!

jkm

Atta boy Johnny!  I was definitely expecting a "Fire...(insert name here)..." string.

Maybe we should should just add a new name or names each weekend.  The way things are going, we should be able to go through the entire management and coaching staff by season's end!

Sheesh!  What a bunch of "stroons".

joe

Looking for the silver lining, I thought Stef Logan had a solid game and may set a new record with all the kickoffs that will be coming his way this season. Saw no quit in his game.

The backup running back had a couple of nice special team tackles as well. He is safe.

Although he would be good, no Paul LaPolice for you unfortunately. Already making big money and doesn't have to worry about all the politics of being a head coach. Probably something in his contract.

Will be interesting. Jim Barker ain't no fool but it's only week two. Keep it up though and there will be consequences.

GHT120

Looking for the silver lining, I thought Stef Logan had a solid game and may set a new record with all the kickoffs that will be coming his way this season. Saw no quit in his game...
Saw no threat in it either.  One really good return (that I saw) was just running to a hole in the coverage, not beating anyone on his own.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

Looking for the silver lining, I thought Stef Logan had a solid game and may set a new record with all the kickoffs that will be coming his way this season. Saw no quit in his game.

The backup running back had a couple of nice special team tackles as well. He is safe.

Although he would be good, no Paul LaPolice for you unfortunately. Already making big money and doesn't have to worry about all the politics of being a head coach. Probably something in his contract.

Will be interesting. Jim Barker ain't no fool but it's only week two. Keep it up though and there will be consequences.

Barker needs to make a living and they aren't barging his door down to hire him...

Johnny Ticat slayer

You have a lot of nerve coming into OUR forum, and telling us we cannot criticize our team. Stick to your fantasy crap and the main forum.

Hmmmm. Speaking of fantasy, where pray tell did I say you couldn't criticize your own team? Granted I did imply that you should support any team you call your own, but that's a very different statement.

And I didn't realize that nerve was required to post on this forum. A thick skin perhaps given the tender sensibilities of certain specific posters, but not nerve.

::)

Quote from: Johnny Ticat slayer
Actually, Baltic Fox reminds Johnny of "Access media", and all of the other aliases the same guy had. He has the same tendency to claim he has CFL knowledge and that he is great, etc. Also, Baltic fox showed up right after the last "Access media" sock puppet was banned.

Did this Access Media fellow also have a habit of referring to himself in third person and telling other posters what and where they could post? Was that why he was banned?

???
You're just looking for a fight there buddy boy. Your narcissistic nature is not wanted here. You either talk about your fantasy football, or criticize posters; neither is acceptable. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

You have a lot of nerve coming into OUR forum, and telling us we cannot criticize our team. Stick to your fantasy crap and the main forum.

Hmmmm. Speaking of fantasy, where pray tell did I say you couldn't criticize your own team? Granted I did imply that you should support any team you call your own, but that's a very different statement.

And I didn't realize that nerve was required to post on this forum. A thick skin perhaps given the tender sensibilities of certain specific posters, but not nerve.

::)

Quote from: Johnny Ticat slayer
Actually, Baltic Fox reminds Johnny of "Access media", and all of the other aliases the same guy had. He has the same tendency to claim he has CFL knowledge and that he is great, etc. Also, Baltic fox showed up right after the last "Access media" sock puppet was banned.

Did this Access Media fellow also have a habit of referring to himself in third person and telling other posters what and where they could post? Was that why he was banned?

???
There's more than a handful of 3rd person posters. The Winnipeg sites have a guy named 'The Dude' who refers to himself only in 3rd person. Now Baltic Fox appears on the CFL.ca scene.

Johnny Ticat also does the odd 3rd person referral but Johnny knows his football and is one of the best posters across our native land. I mean that sincerely. Papazoola from Winnipeg is another guy you should be welcoming.
Aw shucks Lyle. That is high praise coming from the one and only Bomberino poet!  :)

And Johnny agrees about Papazoola. 

Johnny Ticat slayer

Now Baltic Fox appears on the CFL.ca scene.

I'm not questioning Johnny Ticat's knowledge of football. What's puzzling me though is that the welcome I've been getting from him is more closely akin to harassment. But if that's the game he wants to play, hey I'll oblige!

;)
Harassment?! That is just so stupid. Keep complaining snowflake. 

Johnny Ticat slayer

Atta boy Johnny!  I was definitely expecting a "Fire...(insert name here)..." string.

Maybe we should should just add a new name or names each weekend.  The way things are going, we should be able to go through the entire management and coaching staff by season's end!

Sheesh!  What a bunch of "stroons".
Yup. We could clear the decks with this coaching staff! This team has a good chance of going winless. 

Lucas Bellemare

Depuis la période des agents libres on favorise la défense, on monte la défense, tout est orienté pour faire une défense béton, et malgré tout, on doit se contenter d'une pitoyable fausse stratégie de ''flanche mais ne casse pas''. Pitoyable.

joe

Looking for the silver lining, I thought Stef Logan had a solid game and may set a new record with all the kickoffs that will be coming his way this season. Saw no quit in his game...
Saw no threat in it either.  One really good return (that I saw) was just running to a hole in the coverage, not beating anyone on his own.
6 returns for 175 yds. Best average of week 2. Give the guy a break. Just saying.

Users Online

90 Guests, 15 Users (20 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
StampsRock!, of course, TheCrazyCatLady, ExPat, 150GAGE, btharner, Mightygoose, Katmandu, KevinRiley2, schmenger, rshmglsky, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (13)

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)