Stangbang

Please don't take my hope away... :o

Johnny Ticat slayer

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Stangbang

I would like nothing better than for the Als to win today and on the 22nd for our last home games but do not beleive that they should make the playoffs.No false hope here except the hope that ownership finaly see's the light and does what has been obvious to everyone over the past 5 seasons.

cahoonrules86

How a 3-11 team is still mathematically is a joke....Gotta love the CFL ::) ???

tony

So ALS headed on a bye week.
Does Reed manage to stick around until season's end?

cahoonrules86

tony

Yup
Not if it were me.
He would be getting a phone call tomorrow morning, 5:30 am.

cahoonrules86

Agreed..Just won't happen.  We would have been in better shape with Danny M running the show.  I know most people don't agree, but the Als missed the boat.

tony

They missed the boat on the Esks GM.

cahoonrules86

Among others!

idealsheldon

I really don`t understand why everyone is so concerned. Kavis has the Als future under control.We will be starting our rebuild with Adarius Bowman and Odell Willis. Sounds really promising.

TRADE TALK
Sources say Eskimos GM Brock Sunderland has had discussions with the Alouettes ahead of Wednesday’s 1:59 p.m. trade deadline, with veteran slotback Adarius Bowman’s name coming up, along with defensive end Odell Willis’s. One source also said the Alouettes have looked into what it might take to acquire the rights to Eskimos backup quarterback James Franklin, who is scheduled to become a free agent in February, with a string of CFL clubs lining up as potential suitors should he make it that far.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/edmonton-eskimos-sidelines-reed-reliving-disappointing-season-gable-in-lineup?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EdmontonEskimosEdmontonJournal+%28Edmonton+Journal%29
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

Johnny Ticat slayer

I really don`t understand why everyone is so concerned. Kavis has the Als future under control.We will be starting our rebuild with Adarius Bowman and Odell Willis. Sounds really promising.

TRADE TALK
Sources say Eskimos GM Brock Sunderland has had discussions with the Alouettes ahead of Wednesday’s 1:59 p.m. trade deadline, with veteran slotback Adarius Bowman’s name coming up, along with defensive end Odell Willis’s. One source also said the Alouettes have looked into what it might take to acquire the rights to Eskimos backup quarterback James Franklin, who is scheduled to become a free agent in February, with a string of CFL clubs lining up as potential suitors should he make it that far.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/edmonton-eskimos-sidelines-reed-reliving-disappointing-season-gable-in-lineup?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EdmontonEskimosEdmontonJournal+%28Edmonton+Journal%29
Sunderland is either stringing Reed along, or he will fleece him. If he trades Franklin's rights to the Als, it is either because he does not plan on keeping him, or does not believe he can keep him. 

HfxTC

The guy who fired his head coach says this! Talk about hypocrisy...

“Absolutely, because as we said back then, people don’t respect and appreciate the process anymore,” said Reed, who replaced long-time GM Jim Popp in the off-season, only to find himself holding a whistle, as well, after head coach Jacques Chapdelaine was fired last month. “Internally, you have to know what’s coming. We knew back then there was a quarterback in waiting (Matt Nichols) and we knew that we had to be patient. We knew what 2014, 2015 and the like was going to have.

“Externally, you’re going to have a lot of noise, everyone’s going to criticize and everyone’s going to have an opinion. Internally, you have to stay the course, because when you deviate from that course, you compromise the foundation of the football team and the future.
“No longer in the social media world are you going to be allowed to build a team (behind the scenes), but internally, you have to be very strong in terms of your convictions and stick with them. That’s what we’re going to do, we’re not going to listen to the noise.”

Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Here are the comments of an Eskimo fan who was at the game.

As for the experience at the stadium, I have seen larger crowds at high school football games. The 50-50 draw was a whopping $4200. We moved from our crappy seats to six rows behind the Eskimo bench and there was no one near us at all. It would appear the whole city has given up on the Alouettes.
As soon as the Eskimos took a lead in the fourth quarter, The Montreal fans started heading for the exits. It was pretty sad to see.

skipwalker

How a 3-11 team is still mathematically is a joke....Gotta love the CFL ::) ???
The 1981 Alouettes made the playoffs with a final record of 3-13!! As a 13 year old watching I remember thinking what a joke it was. The Als lost to Ottawa in that east semi final game Ottawa were almost as inept but ended up playing the game of their lives vs the Eskimos in the Grey cup before losing.  Sadly the Als today are starting to resemble the Als of that era more and more. Todays bumbling performance, the empty stadium and the rain just makes my early teenage memories of that woeful dreck just come flooding back.

Users Online

92 Guests, 14 Users (15 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, Palmer, dcmoses, sully, Abendschan, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, KevinRiley2, Iconic SR, bohdon, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, Mark, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)