MadJack

As a GM only Barker is a better fit. He respects Canadian content and has good contacts in California.
I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I keep coming back to the fact that Barker is the one who thought that trading a first round draft pick and a stud defensive HB (T.J. Heath) for one Drew Willy was a good deal.

That makes me question his GM acumen.
He also traded for Ray :) , signed Collaros and Harris. I give him a pass for the Willy trade. I think Milanovich demanded it and Barker made the mistake.

Look at the Canadian content of the Argos, it is the best in the league. That's not Popp, that's all Barker.

There would be conditions, one would be to move to Montreal, he didn't do that in Toronto, he still lives in Calgary, this team needs its football people selling football year round to reconnect to the business community and fan base. Otherwise they may as well make Maciocia Grand Pooba.
Upon what do you base that opinion?

Onemoredork

Week 5 is MTLs off week.
 Then on the road to CAL. 
HC will be fired right around here. 
But will organization have the courage to clean house totally ?

joe

John Murphy is someone who knows the GM role if they wanted to go younger. Knows how to find players.

MadJack

Now here's an off the wall idea.

Forget Austin, Barker, Murphy.

Muddle through this season; and then at the end of the year fire everybody and offer a boatload of cash to either Wally Buono or John Hufnagel to accept the challenge of coming to Montreal to fix this mess.

GHT120

Don't know that either want the coach or even GM role at this stage in the life/career ... but install them as President Football Operations and let them hire their own GM and coach.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

As a GM only Barker is a better fit. He respects Canadian content and has good contacts in California.
I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I keep coming back to the fact that Barker is the one who thought that trading a first round draft pick and a stud defensive HB (T.J. Heath) for one Drew Willy was a good deal.

That makes me question his GM acumen.
He also traded for Ray :) , signed Collaros and Harris. I give him a pass for the Willy trade. I think Milanovich demanded it and Barker made the mistake.

Look at the Canadian content of the Argos, it is the best in the league. That's not Popp, that's all Barker.

There would be conditions, one would be to move to Montreal, he didn't do that in Toronto, he still lives in Calgary, this team needs its football people selling football year round to reconnect to the business community and fan base. Otherwise they may as well make Maciocia Grand Pooba.
Upon what do you base that opinion?
Based on Milanovich choosing Ray over Harris and Collaros. Most GM would have gone with the younger, healthier, cheaper guy.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Lucas Bellemare

Week 5 is MTLs off week.
 Then on the road to CAL.
HC will be fired right around here.
But will organization have the courage to clean house totally ?
Probablement que le général Sherman servira de bouc émissaire si on se retrouve à 0-8, même si on sait qu'il n'est pas le principal problème. J'avais l'impression, et je l'ai toujours, que les Alouettes voulaient en faire un DG ou du moins un assistant DG davantage qu'un entraîneur-chef.

Lyle B. Style

Now here's an off the wall idea.

Forget Austin, Barker, Murphy.

Muddle through this season; and then at the end of the year fire everybody and offer a boatload of cash to either Wally Buono or John Hufnagel to accept the challenge of coming to Montreal to fix this mess.
Appear to be character questions surrounding John Murphy - otherwise he would have had the reins of a CFL franchise, by now!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Johnny Ticat slayer

MadJack

Based on Milanovich choosing Ray over Harris and Collaros. Most GM would have gone with the younger, healthier, cheaper guy.
I'm missing something. . . you think Milanovich demanded the trade for Willy and Barker then went along with doing it because. . . Milanovich preferred playing Ray over Harris/Collaros.

Sorry for being obtuse HfxTC, but I am missing the connection you are making here.

Users Online

66 Guests, 4 Users (16 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PatLynch, rshmglsky, Garney 26, Google (AdSense), Google (14), Baidu

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)