Iconic SR

Reed is vermin.
May as well go get him some Lyle Bauer, Mike "Maggot" Kelly, Gary Etcheverry, Jeff Rewindbold, Marcel Bellfeiulle, Brian Dobie, etc. Make it a true maggot-fest!
Seriously? Calling people maggots? Vermin? I thought this forum was going to be different but I see even patrons here readily toss themselves into the cesspool of name-calling, public scorn and derision. Think about it for a minute - what does your words say about your character? (seeing as we are questioning character, right?)

Is it possible you could express your dissatisfaction in a more evolved manner? Just sayin'.

Stangbang

Out with Reed he cannot do this job and as everyone has said before let the new GM put together his own staff from A to Z with no more meddling from the owners.I have no idea how I am gonna convince myself to go to the Turkey day game without a paper bag over my head.I am suppose to go on the field after the game,and unless they pull of a miracle what will the mood be like after the game.This has got to stop it's embarrasing.Last nite I went into a Tim Hortons and they had Alouettes donuts...I bought one and said this is good,then when the game was over it came up + out I was so discusted.

HfxTC

If you want change, the only way to get it with people like the Wetenhall is to speak with your wallet...

As I scan the comment sections, I think the Wetenhall are in a dire situation with their investment and they deserve everything that is about to happen to them. At this point, nothing short of divine intervention is going to save this situation for them.

I think they are looking at less than 5000 STH for next season. That means the old man will have to dig real deep to keep the team running and Boivin won't have any money for any initiatives.

They have nobody in football ops, no coaching staff, old,  thin roster and no quarterback. Basically, they have an expansion franchise without the expansion draft. That will be tough sledding for at least five years.

It is one thing to lose and the Als had reached the point where their success had bought them that kind of support from t the e fanbase, they won a lot for a long time so fans were ok with lean years. But when you charge a premium for tickets and the team is not only losing, it is boring, uncompetitive and now downright embarrassing. You have no hope to retain fans.

Throw in the constant lying to the fans and they pull the plug on you The Bear Wood situation proved the owners were meddlers by Kavis own words this week and by the same token he inadvertently admitted he lied to the fans, this was not a football decision and this is why Jacques set the media straight, he wanted no part of this, knowing it was a career killer or maybe he's just a really good honest dude. This is where I believe we now are.

Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Johnny Ticat slayer

If you want change, the only way to get it with people like the Wetenhall is to speak with your wallet...

As I scan the comment sections, I think the Wetenhall are in a dire situation with their investment and they deserve everything that is about to happen to them. At this point, nothing short of divine intervention is going to save this situation for them.

I think they are looking at less than 5000 STH for next season. That means the old man will have to dig real deep to keep the team running and Boivin won't have any money for any initiatives.

They have nobody in football ops, no coaching staff, old,  thin roster and no quarterback. Basically, they have an expansion franchise without the expansion draft. That will be tough sledding for at least five years.

It is one thing to lose and the Als had reached the point where their success had bought them that kind of support from t the e fanbase, they won a lot for a long time so fans were ok with lean years. But when you charge a premium for tickets and the team is not only losing, it is boring, uncompetitive and now downright embarrassing. You have no hope to retain fans.

Throw in the constant lying to the fans and they pull the plug on you The Bear Wood situation proved the owners were meddlers by Kavis own words this week and by the same token he inadvertently admitted he lied to the fans, this was not a football decision and this is why Jacques set the media straight, he wanted no part of this, knowing it was a career killer or maybe he's just a really good honest dude. This is where I believe we now are.
Johnny feels bad for Chappy. It is quite possible he was not cut out to be a head coach. But, we will never truly know. He got Reed's crappy roster to work with. This was his first and last shot at being a HC, and he was in a tough situation he had no control over.

There is some redemption for him. The team has been doing much worse with Reed as HC. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

tony

If you want change, the only way to get it with people like the Wetenhall is to speak with your wallet...

As I scan the comment sections, I think the Wetenhall are in a dire situation with their investment and they deserve everything that is about to happen to them. At this point, nothing short of divine intervention is going to save this situation for them.

They have nobody in football ops, no coaching staff, old,  thin roster and no quarterback. Basically, they have an expansion franchise without the expansion draft. That will be tough sledding for at least five years.

It is one thing to lose and the Als had reached the point where their success had bought them that kind of support from t the e fanbase, they won a lot for a long time so fans were ok with lean years. But when you charge a premium for tickets and the team is not only losing, it is boring, uncompetitive and now downright embarrassing. You have no hope to retain fans.

Johnny feels bad for Chappy. It is quite possible he was not cut out to be a head coach. But, we will never truly know. He got Reed's crappy roster to work with. This was his first and last shot at being a HC, and he was in a tough situation he had no control over.

There is some redemption for him. The team has been doing much worse with Reed as HC.
I do not feel bad for JC. He knew what he was getting into when he accepted the position full time.
He was interim late last season. And was also with the team prior to being tagged interim.

HfxTC

I don't agree. Remember what he says. As a coach you trust that football ops will deliver the talent and the players.
That said it all. Kavis told him he would have the players. It is obvious it did not happen, not only did it not happen but Kavis took important pieces away.

Only area I am angry at Chapdelaine is he didn't give a hoot about developing young QB's. 

tony

And again I ask. Why was JC not a HC before now if he was that good? Why did he bounce around  as an OC?

Same goes for Reed. If he was that good, why was he not given the chance before now? He crapped the bed in Edmonton, was out of football for what one or two years before accepting an ST coach position two seasons ago.
There were openings for both of them elsewhere before here.

HfxTC

And again I ask. Why was JC not a HC before now if he was that good? Why did he bounce around  as an OC?

Same goes for Reed. If he was that good, why was he not given the chance before now? He crapped the bed in Edmonton, was out of football for what one or two years before accepting an ST coach position two seasons ago.
I don't know if he was HC material. All I know is the team is performing much worse since Kavis took it over, so either it wasn't the coach or Kavis is a much worse coach, so either way, it was a bad decision. Then there is also Thorpe, that is, even more, glaring based on the play of the defense since he was canned.

tony

And again I ask. Why was JC not a HC before now if he was that good? Why did he bounce around  as an OC?

I don't know if he was HC material. All I know is the team is performing much worse since Kavis took it over, so either it wasn't the coach or Kavis is a much worse coach, so either way, it was a bad decision. Then there is also Thorpe, that is, even more, glaring based on the play of the defense since he was canned.
I am sure the players are pretty much fed up of the state of affairs right now. Tuned out and looking forward to the end of the season.
Anyway you look at it, it is one big pile of doo doo.

HfxTC

You see it in their play. Logan won't take a hit the rest of the way, goes down or heads to the sidelines. I get it they are saying why would I risk ending my career with nothing to play for. Same thing with Durant and his fake low body injury.
He pulled the same stunt last year in Saskatchewan. 

The real warriors I saw last night were Cunningham and Sutton in particular. TJ Graham but he is likely trying to get some tape to get another try in the NFL. Seeing Matte get rag dolled or Ky running half speed was surprising but I don't fault them for being demoralized. They will need to find a great HC. Tommy Condell would be a guy I would take a real close look at if I was the next GM.

Johnny Ticat slayer

You see it in their play. Logan won't take a hit the rest of the way, goes down or heads to the sidelines. I get it they are saying why would I risk ending my career with nothing to play for. Same thing with Durant and his fake low body injury.
He pulled the same stunt last year in Saskatchewan.

The real warriors I saw last night were Cunningham and Sutton in particular. TJ Graham but he is likely trying to get some tape to get another try in the NFL. Seeing Matte get rag dolled or Ky running half speed was surprising but I don't fault them for being demoralized. They will need to find a great HC. Tommy Condell would be a guy I would take a real close look at if I was the next GM.
To add to players that are protecting themselves from injury. Ernest Jackson looks like he would rather drop the ball, than catch it and take a hit. 

Iconic SR

I am sure the players are pretty much fed up of the state of affairs right now. Tuned out and looking forward to the end of the season.
Anyway you look at it, it is one big pile of doo doo.
I agree, they have tuned out. This is what I always try to remember when a player demands a salary increase or touts his value in free agency. Some players can be fickle and immature - and refuse to earn their salary at times. Who needs that? If they're an Alouette (or whichever team) - do your job.

HfxTC

Most of these highpaid vets won't be returning. The only ones who earned a paycheck are Lewis and Hebert. Lewis I think is done and Hebert probably can play one more season. At least have the conversation with him and give him the option to make a run with a team that is going to the post season IMO.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Most of these highpaid vets won't be returning. The only ones who earned a paycheck are Lewis and Hebert. Lewis I think is done and Hebert probably can play one more season. At least have the conversation with him and give him the option to make a run with a team that is going to the post season IMO.
Johnny would add Bowman. He is still playing well enough to play another season.

tony

Johnny would add Bowman. He is still playing well enough to play another season.
Wonder if he and Hebert would want to stay here for one more year.

Users Online

103 Guests, 11 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
dcmoses, steeltownguy, KevinRiley2, Mark, jim43bob, Abendschan, bobo82, sully, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)