everyman

Without ANY doubt Giguere should have been released.

This is not a popularity program.

GHT120

The easy thing would be to switch allegiance to the Argos and our old friends Trestman, Popp, etc. But I just can`t do it.

So I guess I will just have to continue to suffer with other Als fans - if there are any left. :'(
Personally, it is much easier to cheer for the RedBlacks than for the Argos ;)

But yeah, I feel the same way...
How could you consider cheering for the Communist-AfricanAmericans?????
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

idealsheldon

You don't have to have a 25 million dollar scouting budget to do this but you should be
working smarter with what you have.The technology that exists today allows you to do
more with less.
Connecticut, I have to ask out of curiosity if you work in football.

Also, what is your opinion on the CFL tryout camps, which I always thought to be a poor return on investment.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

C'est très triste de voir une organisation aussi déficiente. On a perdu espoir après moins de deux saisons du nouveau DG qui devait remplacer celui qui nous avait fait perdre espoir. Si seulement Reed était le seul problème. Le président Patrick Boivin est une marionnette d'A. Wethenhall, il n'a aucun leadership ni initiative. Derrière le propriétaire, comme Popp, se pense plus polyvalent que ce qu'il est en réalité, au grand dam de la structure organisationnelle.

Mauvaises décisions après mauvaises décisions, mauvaises saisons après mauvaises saisons, la Lumière au bout du tunnel semble loin. Prions que le général Sherman nous sorte un miracle.
Prediction: 2 a 5 victoires. moins de 5000 billets de saison vont trouver preneurs.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

nguyenMTL

The easy thing would be to switch allegiance to the Argos and our old friends Trestman, Popp, etc. But I just can`t do it.

So I guess I will just have to continue to suffer with other Als fans - if there are any left. :'(
Personally, it is much easier to cheer for the RedBlacks than for the Argos ;)

But yeah, I feel the same way...
How could you consider cheering for the Communist-AfricanAmericans?????
Cheering may be a strong word, but I prefer supporting Ottawa than Toronto, especially since the latter is under MLSE's control.

idealsheldon

Raiche was interviewed this morning on TSN 690.

Matthew Ross tried to bait her playing Joey Abram`s comments on "entitlement", but she said not being involved in the Head Coach search was not the reason she resigned.

She said Popp asked the Als for permission to talk to her in December and they granted it. And she basically chose the Argos over the Als. Probably took her no more than 30 seconds to make the decision.

When asked to comment on Kavis, all she would say is that he is a hard worker.

She will be doing basically what she was doing with the Als, but said Popp will be giving her more of an opportunity to do scouting. She is looking forward to working with Popp, Trestman, and being a part of MLSE.

There is a link now:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/raiche-jim-popp-approached-alouettes-about-me-1.973748

everyman

Raiche was interviewed this morning on TSN 690.

Matthew Ross tried to bait her playing Joey Abram`s comments on "entitlement", but she said not being involved in the Head Coach search was not the reason she resigned.

She said Popp asked the Als for permission to talk to her in December and they granted it. And she basically chose the Argos over the Als. Probably took her no more than 30 seconds to make the decision.

When asked to comment on Kavis, all she would say is that he is a hard worker.

She will be doing basically what she was doing with the Als, but said Popp will be giving her more of an opportunity to do scouting. She is looking forward to working with Popp, Trestman, and being a part of MLSE.

There is a link now:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/raiche-jim-popp-approached-alouettes-about-me-1.973748
An ambitious woman in an non traditional role, a lawyer, given a choice between working for a stand alone shaky franchise as opposed to working for the largest sports /entertainment company in Canada if not in NA. A no-brainer to move regardless of whether Als were solid.

This merging of MLSE and Argos gives them a leg up if not two on every team in Canada. Heck they already have 15 coaches on Argo staff. NFL size. They will be the most sought after jobs in CFL. 

tony

She is looking forward to working with Popp, Trestman, and being a part of MLSE.

Working for a winner, an organization that as you said tied in to MLSE where other opportunities may lay ahead, 30 seconds is being generous!

idealsheldon

Tannenbaum and Bell reportedly lost $10 million dollars on the Argos last season, a rounding error to them some have joked.

But it will be interesting to see how many seasons MLSE will put up with these kind of losses if they can`t put fans in the stands in Toronto.

To me it is like trying to market broccoli. You can have broccoli billboards, radio spots telling you how good broccoli is for you, you can hand out broccoli samples. But if people just don`t like broccoli, ain`t nothing you can do.  

Reggiemac

I think the jury should stay out on Reed until they break camp.  We should then have a sense of how his off season work has. Materialized. I like his free agent signings to rebuild the D. Give him a chance.

Users Online

86 Guests, 9 Users (9 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Evil Doctor, Lyle B. Style, KevinRiley2, ticats28, FootbalYouBet, DavidThompson, RedandWhite, J5V, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 104. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)