Johnny Ticat slayer

Dominique Tovell would be a help against the run if can he return this week.

Kyries Hebert said on his radio show that he likes what he sees at practice from QB's Matt Shiltz and Antonio Pipkin.

On the Alouettes FlightDeck, Cliffy D is usually barely worth listening to because he cannot complete a sentence without sighing.  Last week, he added breathing into the microphone throughout the show.  This week, one of his lowlights was asking Davis Sanchez to respond to Chip Cox's comment about expectations based on the HC & DC being fired while omitting the part of being like training camp with everything being new.  The other lowlight was when he suggested to Sanchez that Sam Giguère be utilized as a RB or FB.  Sanchez replied that making that decision as a GM would result in an immediate firing as Sanchez has never seen Giguère make a block or break a tackle.  
Great answer by Sanchez, to an idiotic question! 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

everyman

Dominique Tovell would be a help against the run if can he return this week.

Kyries Hebert said on his radio show that he likes what he sees at practice from QB's Matt Shiltz and Antonio Pipkin.

On the Alouettes FlightDeck, Cliffy D is usually barely worth listening to because he cannot complete a sentence without sighing.  Last week, he added breathing into the microphone throughout the show.  This week, one of his lowlights was asking Davis Sanchez to respond to Chip Cox's comment about expectations based on the HC & DC being fired while omitting the part of being like training camp with everything being new.  The other lowlight was when he suggested to Sanchez that Sam Giguère be utilized as a RB or FB.  Sanchez replied that making that decision as a GM would result in an immediate firing as Sanchez has never seen Giguère make a block or break a tackle.  
Hebert said on his TSN690 show last night that Bowman made the comment in the heat of the moment. He said everyone is giving it there all and working hard. No one has given up.

Guess he is not going to say otherwise.
I hope Hebert is right. He certainly has not given up and is playing really well.

I too liked what I saw of Shiltz. Reminds me a bit of how Nichols is doing in Winnipeg with his roll out action. I'm hopeful to see him against Edmonton as I don't see how Willy will do well with his style.
And certainly agree with Sanchez says about Giguere. I'd plant him or offer him up in a trade for a mid-level draft pick. He's a guy that I think is going through the motions.

I see Bowman as a liability at this late stage of his great career. Too one dimensional. The new style of rush end, like Jeffcoat in Winnipeg or even Willis in Edmonton is to have the ability to show going after the QB but then drop to second level to protect the middle. Jeffcoat is really good at this as is the rotation Calgary and Sask uses. Can't just use the 3 point stance anymore.

As far as Gable not playing well as someone said...he went off for 150 against Toronto last game. He will definitely help Edmonton. A real pro.

tony

Hebert has brought it pretty much all season long.
As did Lewis.

Giguere I can not see any team grabbing him. He's a non factor.

And I believe any of the contending teams would welcome having Bowman on their roster. Rotate him in and he would not be the focal point for the opposition.

Reed should ask him if he wants a shot to play elsewhere. If he agrees, do his best to accommodate and get some youth in return.

Time to play some of the younger guys and see what they can do.

GHT120

Will be interesting to see if Gable can rush for 150 plus yards. He hasn't been effective really since returning from his last injury...
If Gable sucks then perhaps the Als take him off their hands along with some goods assets for Sutton.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

okie

Herb Zurkowsky's article from today.

-John Bowman does not regret his post-game comments from the Calgary game.
-Drew Willy will start at QB.
-Dominique Tovell should return at MLB.
-Branden Dozier likely starting at Safety.
-Fabion Foote might see his 1st regular season action in the CFL.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-struggling-badly-but-theres-no-quit-in-veteran-john-bowman

I will assume that going American at Safety means the Als will play 2 non-imports on the DL at all times. 

everyman

Hebert has brought it pretty much all season long.
As did Lewis.

Giguere I can not see any team grabbing him. He's a non factor.

And I believe any of the contending teams would welcome having Bowman on their roster. Rotate him in and he would not be the focal point for the opposition.

Reed should ask him if he wants a shot to play elsewhere. If he agrees, do his best to accommodate and get some youth in return.

Time to play some of the younger guys and see what they can do.
I don't see a team giving up any assets for a 35 year old import one dimensional DE. Sutton either actually.

A few contending teams would want Durant as back up for some mid to late draft pick(s). Most of his salary has been paid. Probably never happen tho... Edmonton should look hard at him just to try and get something for Franklin. DD would be a good back-up there. But doubt that Franklin would give up free agency. Maybe though. It's the only place he could start next year probably or he may look at the team as a boneyard.

Is trade deadline Oct 11?

okie

Also, Tevaughn Campbell will be joining Rugby Sevens.  Rugby season appears to run from November to May.  Does the signing affect his status as an Alouette in 2018?  Not a good look if the Als traded a QB for somebody who is leaving football.

Als announced earlier today the signing of DB KJ Morton to the Practice Roster.  Morton was a minicamp cut in Hamilton this year who ended up playing in the Arena League.  At this time of year, the expectation of new players is they are NFL releases.

HfxTC

Also, Tevaughn Campbell will be joining Rugby Sevens.  Rugby season appears to run from November to May.  Does the signing affect his status as an Alouette in 2018?  Not a good look if the Als traded a QB for somebody who is leaving football.

Als announced earlier today the signing of DB KJ Morton to the Practice Roster.  Morton was a minicamp cut in Hamilton this year who ended up playing in the Arena League.  At this time of year, the expectation of new players is they are NFL releases.
Imagine, practice rosters have been expanded and the team can't even fill those spots with  decient prospects.

They got nothing out of Joe Mack ZERO. Another nail in the coffin of "The Great Kazoo"
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

LeStaf

I have ran into two different season ticket holders since their last loss.
Both have told me they are done with the Als and will not be renewing next season.

How many more are out there saying the same thing?
I would be surprised if they reached 5000 season tickets for next season.

7 year slide you can actually graph it straight down. Not "A couple seasons"
No likeable owners or management
No promising young players at key positions
Not competitive
Not exciting.
= NO VALUE

Four games into the season Reed said his offense was  light years ahead of last season. How ridiculous does he look now. At least last year the offense was improving as the season went on.

After 10-12 games Durant should have been yanked and Vernon Adams given the team. So what does "The Great Kazoo" do? He gives up a young QB we had a season and a half invested, who had yet to lose a game for a guy who doesn't even know the rules and was about to be cut.

That was the end for me. That was so manipulative and dishonest. I couldn't keep cheering for people like that.

IMO. They sell or they fold.
A bunch of whiners you guys ( well 3 anyway). Suck it up. There hasn't been a team in the CFL that hasn't been through this. Not one. If you guys represent how the Montreal fans feel about the team and the CFL in general then the city probably doesn't deserve a team perhaps.

And it hasn't been a graph straight down. They were 9-9 in 2014. Go ordon't go to the games. JUST STOP WHINING CONTINUALLY ABOUT SOMETHING.
Everyman,  merely stating what people are saying. If you call that "Whining", so be it.
This is a forum. Many have been posting here for some time, expressing opinions, facts and ideas on how this organization can improve. Many have written their thoughts, some agree some do not.

If you call that "Whining" so be it.

If you do not like it, feel free to join in with your contributions other than calling people "Whiners".
x2 (+ 3 pouces en l'air)
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

LeStaf

Il n'y a qu'une question à se poser : par combien de points les Alouettes vont-ils perdre?

Je crois que même les Timinous vont les battre 2 fois.
Will be interesting to see if Gable can rush for 150 plus yards. He hasn't been effective really since returning from his last injury. Right now this is pretty much a passing team with ST problems but it is still good enough to beat Montreal by at least 3 scores.

Kavis isn't going to win another game this season and will be fired the morning after Montreal's season ends as Boivin now has proof he's been sold a bunch of lies.
Si ma mémoire est bonne, Boivin était engagé mais pas encore en fonction lorsque Kavis a été embauché.  Je demeure prêt à mettre de l'eau dans mon vin et accepter que Boivin ait une chance de montrer qu'il est un vrai président, même s'il semble avoir à développer sérieusement sa capacité de faire un bon contact avec les gens.

HfxTC

Il n'y a qu'une question à se poser : par combien de points les Alouettes vont-ils perdre?

Will be interesting to see if Gable can rush for 150 plus yards. He hasn't been effective really since returning from his last injury. Right now this is pretty much a passing team with ST problems but it is still good enough to beat Montreal by at least 3 scores.

Kavis isn't going to win another game this season and will be fired the morning after Montreal's season ends as Boivin now has proof he's been sold a bunch of lies.
Si ma mémoire est bonne, Boivin était engagé mais pas encore en fonction lorsque Kavis a été embauché.  Je demeure prêt à mettre de l'eau dans mon vin et accepter que Boivin ait une chance de montrer qu'il est un vrai président, même s'il semble avoir à développer sérieusement sa capacité de faire un bon contact avec les gens.
While he is not charismatic, Boivin could be a great President, he's organized, truthful and very concise in his thinking and clearly not interested in micromanaging football ops, unfortunately because of the owners, he won't be able to convince anyone to put their reputation on the line to come and work in Montreal. Until this team is sold, nothing can be done to fix this tragic comedy LeStaf. You could not pay me enough to work for a prepuce like Andrew Wetenhall.

HfxTC

Si ma mémoire est bonne, Boivin était engagé mais pas encore en fonction lorsque Kavis a été embauché.  Je demeure prêt à mettre de l'eau dans mon vin et accepter que Boivin ait une chance de montrer qu'il est un vrai président, même s'il semble avoir à développer sérieusement sa capacité de faire un bon contact avec les gens.
I recall very well two statements Boivin made before the season.
1) Kavis was the choice of the owners.
2) Proof of concept would be results on the field.

So if Boivin is autonomous and has the responsabilties commensurate with his title. His course of action is very clear.

Johnny Ticat slayer

An article from La Presse's website. Of course, not one from of their journalists, but from a national news outlet. 

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/football/201710/08/01-5139340-les-alouettes-en-quete-de-redemption.php

Talking about local media coverage. Johnny picked up the Journal de Montréal Friday. As you would expect, tons of pages on le Canadien. Now the Als had been back at practice for 2 days. But, nothing on the Alouettes.

There was a whole page on the Montréal carabins, and the JDM's buddy Maciocia... But, not one sentence or a single word on the Alouettes. Not good...

okie

Dominique Tovell, Brandon Rutley, and Fabion Foote IN.  Reggie Northrup,  Lawrence Okoye, and Dominique Termansen OUT.  Tyler Williams not on Active Roster.

RichardVeilleux

Nat. DT Westerman is included twice. Should be corrected. Will it be Fabion Foote?

Richard

Users Online

94 Guests, 11 Users (16 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, KevinRiley2, Abendschan, Palmer, dcmoses, sully, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, Iconic SR, bohdon, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)