tony

I have ran into two different season ticket holders since their last loss.
Both have told me they are done with the Als and will not be renewing next season.

How many more are out there saying the same thing?

GHT120

Sure it would be great to win our 2 last home games for the fans,but if it happens it should be in no way perceived that Reed has turned the team around.The complete rebuild has to start as soon as the season is over.
While it is true "the team" could try to do so I think they are smart enough to know that the fans are smart enough to know anything short of a run to the Grey Cup has absolutely no meaning ... and even that doesn't mean most of the season wasn't so terrible as to insult the fans .

So I take "It’s not fair to our fan base" to be literal, the people who bought tickets and show up (the second a subset of the first) deserve the best show the Als can offer.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Iconic SR

Both have told me they are done with the Als and will not be renewing next season.

I get that, I really do. But could never do it to my own club. Couple reasons:

1. I worked hard to get my season ticket locations by upgrading and swapping over the years - and I don't want to start over.

2. I learn more about football when we are bad/so-so, than I learn when we are having a great season. And it will get better. 

3. Win or lose, I love CFL football. Why cut off my nose to spite my face?

Despite sucking the last couple years, the Alouettes are still one of the most successful CFL franchises in the past decade (2 GC wins). Tough times never last. How about trying to channel a tiny little bit of Tony Proudfoot - and tough it out?

Because any coward can bail. A family is defined by hanging in during rough times, not by jumping on and off the victory bandwagon. 

HfxTC

I would be surprised if they reached 5000 season tickets for next season.

7 year slide you can actually graph it straight down. Not "A couple seasons"
No likeable owners or management
No promising young players at key positions
Not competitive
Not exciting.
= NO VALUE

Four games into the season Reed said his offense was  light years ahead of last season. How ridiculous does he look now. At least last year the offense was improving as the season went on.

After 10-12 games Durant should have been yanked and Vernon Adams given the team. So what does "The Great Kazoo" do? He gives up a young QB we had a season and a half invested, who had yet to lose a game for a guy who doesn't even know the rules and was about to be cut.

That was the end for me. That was so manipulative and dishonest. I couldn't keep cheering for people like that.

IMO. They sell or they fold.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

everyman

Not competitive
Not exciting.
= NO VALUE

Four games into the season Reed said his offense was  light years ahead of last season. How ridiculous does he look now. At least last year the offense was improving as the season went on.

After 10-12 games Durant should have been yanked and Vernon Adams given the team. So what does "The Great Kazoo" do? He gives up a young QB we had a season and a half invested, who had yet to lose a game for a guy who doesn't even know the rules and was about to be cut.

That was the end for me. That was so manipulative and dishonest. I couldn't keep cheering for people like that.

A bunch of whiners you guys ( well 3 anyway). Suck it up. There hasn't been a team in the CFL that hasn't been through this. Not one. If you guys represent how the Montreal fans feel about the team and the CFL in general then the city probably doesn't deserve a team perhaps.

And it hasn't been a graph straight down. They were 9-9 in 2014. Go ordon't go to the games. JUST STOP WHINING CONTINUALLY ABOUT SOMETHING.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Not competitive
Not exciting.
= NO VALUE

Four games into the season Reed said his offense was  light years ahead of last season. How ridiculous does he look now. At least last year the offense was improving as the season went on.

A bunch of whiners you guys ( well 3 anyway). Suck it up. There hasn't been a team in the CFL that hasn't been through this. Not one. If you guys represent how the Montreal fans feel about the team and the CFL in general then the city probably doesn't deserve a team perhaps.

And it hasn't been a graph straight down. They were 9-9 in 2014. Go ordon't go to the games. JUST STOP WHINING CONTINUALLY ABOUT SOMETHING.
This isn't a normal down phase that all teams face. The team is losing AND they are not rebuilding for the future. They have the oldest team in the league. They are losing now, and they will lose in the future, because they are not rebuilding with young promising players.

The team has owners who have lost the plot, but continually interfere with football operations and make bad decisions. The team has a GM who should never have gotten the job because he is incompetent. The team has no head coach, and a mediocre bunch of position coaches. The team has weak canadian talent, and blew the last draft. 

This isn't whining. This is fans realising the ship is sinking. Many posters here don't whine, becasue they have STOPPED posting due to lack of interest. Even some hardcore supporters have been missing from the forums.

Lack of interest from devoted fans and posters is a sure fire sign this team is going down. 

And YOU suck it up! 

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

CFL Power Rankings: A bad year keeps getting worse for Montreal

9. Montreal Alouettes (unchanged)

A couple of weeks back, Tyrell Sutton told the Montreal Gazette it was time to "put up or shut up." Since then the Larks have been crunched by Toronto and crumpled by Calgary for a combined total of 94-31. Things thus may be fairly quiet out of the Als camp over the next week. Remember when GM Kavis Reed believed back in camp that Montreal's defence was so deep at linebacker it didn't need Bear Woods? They've given up 425 points in just 13 games and cannot stop the run at all. Stamps' 523 total yards this week included 216 on the ground after 154 vs. the Argos. They're not bad against the pass, but why pass when you can roll over Montreal like this? Reed is now also head coach, of course, and he has to find players who can tackle in the coming weeks.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/cfl-power-rankings-week-17-1.4317143

okie

Dominique Tovell would be a help against the run if can he return this week.

Kyries Hebert said on his radio show that he likes what he sees at practice from QB's Matt Shiltz and Antonio Pipkin.

On the Alouettes FlightDeck, Cliffy D is usually barely worth listening to because he cannot complete a sentence without sighing.  Last week, he added breathing into the microphone throughout the show.  This week, one of his lowlights was asking Davis Sanchez to respond to Chip Cox's comment about expectations based on the HC & DC being fired while omitting the part of being like training camp with everything being new.  The other lowlight was when he suggested to Sanchez that Sam Giguère be utilized as a RB or FB.  Sanchez replied that making that decision as a GM would result in an immediate firing as Sanchez has never seen Giguère make a block or break a tackle.  

HfxTC

I love our trolls. The sign of a truelly desperate organization.

The Great Kazoo will disappear as quickly as he appeared along with his boosters who created accounts in the last few weeks.

LeStaf

Il n'y a qu'une question à se poser : par combien de points les Alouettes vont-ils perdre?

Je crois que même les Timinous vont les battre 2 fois.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

HfxTC

Il n'y a qu'une question à se poser : par combien de points les Alouettes vont-ils perdre?

Will be interesting to see if Gable can rush for 150 plus yards. He hasn't been effective really since returning from his last injury. Right now this is pretty much a passing team with ST problems but it is still good enough to beat Montreal by at least 3 scores.

Kavis isn't going to win another game this season and will be fired the morning after Montreal's season ends as Boivin now has proof he's been sold a bunch of lies.

tony

Not competitive
Not exciting.
= NO VALUE

Everyman,  merely stating what people are saying. If you call that "Whining", so be it.
This is a forum. Many have been posting here for some time, expressing opinions, facts and ideas on how this organization can improve. Many have written their thoughts, some agree some do not.

If you call that "Whining" so be it.

If you do not like it, feel free to join in with your contributions other than calling people "Whiners".

tony

Will be interesting to see if Gable can rush for 150 plus yards. He hasn't been effective really since returning from his last injury. Right now this is pretty much a passing team with ST problems but it is still good enough to beat Montreal by at least 3 scores.

Kavis isn't going to win another game this season and will be fired the morning after Montreal's season ends as Boivin now has proof he's been sold a bunch of lies.
The bigger question will be, will Maas lose it after a questionable call. ;)

I expect the Esks to end their losing streak while the Als will fall to 3-12.

tony

Dominique Tovell would be a help against the run if can he return this week.

Kyries Hebert said on his radio show that he likes what he sees at practice from QB's Matt Shiltz and Antonio Pipkin.

On the Alouettes FlightDeck, Cliffy D is usually barely worth listening to because he cannot complete a sentence without sighing.  Last week, he added breathing into the microphone throughout the show.  This week, one of his lowlights was asking Davis Sanchez to respond to Chip Cox's comment about expectations based on the HC & DC being fired while omitting the part of being like training camp with everything being new.  The other lowlight was when he suggested to Sanchez that Sam Giguère be utilized as a RB or FB.  Sanchez replied that making that decision as a GM would result in an immediate firing as Sanchez has never seen Giguère make a block or break a tackle.  
Hebert said on his TSN690 show last night that Bowman made the comment in the heat of the moment. He said everyone is giving it there all and working hard. No one has given up.

Guess he is not going to say otherwise.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Johnny est d'accord avec toi. Les Ticats sont une meilleure équipe, qui est motivée depuis l'arrivé de June Jones.

Les Ticats vont gagner les deux matchs contre les Alouettes, et se donner la 3e place dans l'Est. Les Alouettes vont finir bon dernier.

Users Online

98 Guests, 11 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mark, Palmer, jim43bob, Abendschan, bobo82, KevinRiley2, dcmoses, sully, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)