Johnny Ticat slayer

So the next game is at home against the Eskimos, on Thanksgiving day. No need to buy a turkey, the Alouettes will be providing it...  :)
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Stangbang

WOW!!! free turkey at mondays game I can't wait...I was wondering when someone would start a thread about our next game.Maybe we should all try to come up with a way for our Als to at least not embarass us as fans and themselves as players.I will be there and am curious how the fan base will react exspecially if they continue to play so bad.I will try to be positive but it's not an easy task.

tony

Here's a saving grace for you Stangbang, the Esks have spiraled downward over their last seven games.
So maybe, just maybe, the Als will hang in there for the game.

Not sure I would bet on it though.

GHT120

Here's a saving grace for you Stangbang, the Esks have spiraled downward over their last seven games.
So maybe, just maybe, the Als will hang in there for the game.

Not sure I would bet on it though.
Battle of the two coldest teams in the league?  EEs 5 straight losses, Als 7.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

okie

From Herb Zurkowsky:

While many who follow the Alouettes — and those numbers will likely dwindle with each loss — want to see the team blown up, Kavis Reed isn’t prepared to make sweeping personnel changes. At least not yet.

“You can’t and should not concede. It’s not fair to our fan base,” the Als’ general manager and interim head coach said Tuesday after a walk-through practice that was devoid of media. “We have to make certain we put the best team on the field. When the situation says it’s different, then we start to look at development.

“There won’t be radical changes. We feel we have a strong opportunity on Monday.”

Reed said conversations have taken place with other GMs and he’s exploring trade opportunities that would “shore up things we need to shore up.”

Also: Drew Willy might start.  TJ Graham will get another look while DB Tyler Williams might be activated.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/rebuild-can-wait-alouettes-gm-coach-kavis-reed-says

HfxTC

That chain of thinking didn't apply with the firing of his HC and DC. Hmmm.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

LeStaf

That chain of thinking didn't apply with the firing of his HC and DC. Hmmm.
Exact. C'est pourquoi les Alouettes pourraient relancer la saison des Eskimos.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

Iconic SR

If there is ever a game the Als SHOULD ratchet it up to win - it's this game. Esks are all over the place, and have clearly laid out the road map as to how to beat them. If there is ANY pride or guts left in the Als locker room, now is time to lay it out there.

AlsPal

If there is ever a game the Als SHOULD ratchet it up to win - it's this game. Esks are all over the place, and have clearly laid out the road map as to how to beat them. If there is ANY pride or guts left in the Als locker room, now is time to lay it out there.
Als need to lose.

A win might give the owners and reed some hope.

tony

From Herb Zurkowsky:

While many who follow the Alouettes — and those numbers will likely dwindle with each loss — want to see the team blown up, Kavis Reed isn’t prepared to make sweeping personnel changes. At least not yet.

“You can’t and should not concede. It’s not fair to our fan base,” the Als’ general manager and interim head coach said Tuesday after a walk-through practice that was devoid of media. “We have to make certain we put the best team on the field. When the situation says it’s different, then we start to look at development.

“There won’t be radical changes. We feel we have a strong opportunity on Monday.”

Reed said conversations have taken place with other GMs and he’s exploring trade opportunities that would “shore up things we need to shore up.”

Also: Drew Willy might start.  TJ Graham will get another look while DB Tyler Williams might be activated.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/rebuild-can-wait-alouettes-gm-coach-kavis-reed-says
Good grief. Reed surely has his head in the sand. "Not fair to our fan base"'
Is he serious that that comment?
You are right Kavis. Your fan base deserves a heck of allot better. With you as HC, this is clearly not the case. With you as the GM, this is clearly not the case.
Your fan base deserved a team that should have built off last season's 4-2 record down the stretch.
Not sitting at 3-11, losing last 7 and being blown out in at least three of them.

If the Wettenhals care about what fan base is left, they will do the right thing and let Kavis go at season's end before there is no fan base left.

Stangbang

Sure it would be great to win our 2 last home games for the fans,but if it happens it should be in no way perceived that Reed has turned the team around.The complete rebuild has to start as soon as the season is over.

Iconic SR

Als need to lose.

A win might give the owners and reed some hope.
Alouettes fan base isn't strong enough or deep enough to sustain much more carnage. And as said earlier - if the players have any balls or pride - get on it. They don't need Kavis to tell them how to run, catch, throw. We're at the 'show your character' gut-check portion of the season and stats count when negotiating any new contract, so players mailing it in accomplishes nothing.

AlsPal

I'm not concerned about the fan base.

Even if the Wettenhals hand the keys over to the league I'm pretty sure the league would run the als until an owner could be found.

If the league refused to let Toronto die they won't let Montreal die.

So let the bleeding continue. Should reed string a win or two together I fear they can say they have stopped the bleeding and will use that to build off of next year.

Drew silly will be our starting quarterback and kavis may survive as GM.

I don't want to risk that.

Iconic SR

'I'm not concerned about the fan base'. Someone else will step in, etc etc. WTF??

THIS, my friend is why sports teams fold/move. 

Heads up: any advice on improving any sports team - needs to INCLUDE the fan base. They're kinda important.

AlsPal

Toronto didn't and by some accounts, still don't care about their fan base and they are still kicking.

I'm not that worried.

I am more worries what another season of kavis reed and whatever washed up QB he decides to bring in would do to the franchise.

In that respect, if the als need to lose out the rest of the season to ensure he gets his walking papers then so be it.

Go esks

Users Online

115 Guests, 13 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Palmer, vjcos, nopa, bobo82, The Last Word, LeBird, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, KevinRiley2, bowl450, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)