tony

idealsheldon

Jeff Hamilton
@jeffkhamilton

The #AlsMTL offered the OC job to #Bombers quarterbacks coach Buck Pierce but he turned it down to stay with Winnipeg, according to sources close to the hiring process. #wfp
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

idealsheldon

mike2579

good for AC, hes done what he could on the field and coaching. Put your feet up with a Bud and watch the game at home with the family! Mad respect for that dude i tell ya!
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

G Man

Herb basically saying the same I had been told and mentioned here a few weeks ago.. Calvillo was intent on leaving the Als given the gong-show it had been these past years. I thought maybe, just maybe, if he and Sherman hit it off he might re-consider.. but to be honest I'm glad he didn't.
He'll take a year off, is staying in Montreal.. will end up teaching the next generation somewhere in town, then maybe down the road will re-enter the fold when a new administration will be heading the team and he will have more experience.. timing will be right then.

Thanks again for everything Anthony, until next time.

tony

Herb basically saying the same I had been told and mentioned here a few weeks ago.. Calvillo was intent on leaving the Als given the gong-show it had been these past years. I thought maybe, just maybe, if he and Sherman hit it off he might re-consider.. but to be honest I'm glad he didn't.
He'll take a year off, is staying in Montreal.. will end up teaching the next generation somewhere in town, then maybe down the road will re-enter the fold when a new administration will be heading the team and he will have more experience.. timing will be right then.

Thanks again for everything Anthony, until next time.
Maybe he will end up at Concordia given Donovan's departure.

Lucas Bellemare

Dans la dernière chronique de Pierre Vercheval sur RDS, il souligne avec exactitude que les coordonnateurs sont issus des contacts de Kavis Reed (sauf Donovan qui serait davantage lié à Patrick Boivin). Nous n'avons pour l'instant pas encore vu la touche Sherman, lui qui voulait certes se fier à des connaisseurs de la LCF mais aussi utiliser ses contacts. Il faudra sûrement attendre la confirmation des coachs de position pour voir qui de son réseau il pourra amener.

HfxTC

Dans la dernière chronique de Pierre Vercheval sur RDS, il souligne avec exactitude que les coordonnateurs sont issus des contacts de Kavis Reed (sauf Donovan qui serait davantage lié à Patrick Boivin). Nous n'avons pour l'instant pas encore vu la touche Sherman, lui qui voulait certes se fier à des connaisseurs de la LCF mais aussi utiliser ses contacts. Il faudra sûrement attendre la confirmation des coachs de position pour voir qui de son réseau il pourra amener.
It is very, very, very obvious that Kavis Reed put his people in place. Just more of the same. Con job on season ticket holders. I'm predicting a 2 to 5 win season.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Johnny Ticat slayer

It is very, very, very obvious that Kavis Reed put his people in place. Just more of the same. Con job on season ticket holders. I'm predicting a 2 to 5 win season.
Right you are HfxTC.

"It was Reed who recommended Jones to Sherman."

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-name-new-assistants-but-anthony-calvillo-wont-be-on-staff

And we all know Stubler is one of Reed's buddies. Does a new young DC need old man Stubler breathing down his neck?
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

Johnny is OK with Donovan and Carter. Donovan cannot be worse than Bruce Read. Carter is a young guy with his own ideas. Everybody who is successful today, was once an unknown. Sometimes, you have to take a chance on someone who looks promising.

Stubler's role seems unclear. Carter is the DC. What exactly will Stubler do? Will there be a power struggle between the two?

Ah geez, Khari Jones as OC. Really?! What, Marcel Bellefeuille wasn't available?  ::)

Khari Jones was an OC for 5 seasons. Only once did his offense score 500 points or more. Once, it scored less than 400. This was the best they could get? Jones is better than Condell?

Unfriggin believable!!!! 

Khari Jones as OC with a newbie NFL coach who doesn't know the CFL. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. The QB will either be Durant, Willy or a rookie. You can take this to the bank: this offense will struggle to score 400 points next season. 

This is ON REED! 

HfxTC

Johnny is OK with Donovan and Carter. Donovan cannot be worse than Bruce Read. Carter is a young guy with his own ideas. Everybody who is successful today, was once an unknown. Sometimes, you have to take a chance on someone who looks promising.

Stubler's role seems unclear. Carter is the DC. What exactly will Stubler do? Will there be a power struggle between the two?

Ah geez, Khari Jones as OC. Really?! What, Marcel Bellefeuille wasn't available?  ::)

Khari Jones was an OC for 5 seasons. Only once did his offense score 500 points or more. Once, it scored less than 400. This was the best they could get? Jones is better than Condell?

Unfriggin believable!!!!

Khari Jones as OC with a newbie NFL coach who doesn't know the CFL. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. The QB will either be Durant, Willy or a rookie. You can take this to the bank: this offense will struggle to score 400 points next season.

This is ON REED!
When you put the Als side by side with other clubs. I can't think of one team they can beat. So that spells a couple home game wins by accident.

Always been a fan of the Donovan brothers but again this smells of a hire parachuted in on the HC.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Herb Zurkowsky
@HerbZurkowsky1

[size={defaultattr}][font={defaultattr}]
More
[/font][/size]
I’m told both Tommy Condell and George Cortez turned down the opportunity to become #AlsMTL offensive co-ordinator that went to Khari Jones - after Buck Pierce also quashed the offer.

Props for trying to get Condell and Cortez. The sad reality is, no one who is not desperate for a job, wants to work for Reed or the Alouettes.

Truly sad.

G Man

Herb Zurkowsky
@HerbZurkowsky1

More
[/font][/size]
I’m told both Tommy Condell and George Cortez turned down the opportunity to become #AlsMTL offensive co-ordinator that went to Khari Jones - after Buck Pierce also quashed the offer.

Props for trying to get Condell and Cortez. The sad reality is, no one who is not desperate for a job, wants to work for Reed or the Alouettes.

Truly sad.

That included Calvillo & Raiche.. people inside the org do not believe in Reed, except the owner who gave him the job. Reed keeps bringing in lesser talents he happens to have a history with both on and off the field, he's a good communicator & likely a good guy..  but simply not a good GM.
My only hope for anything positive to come is that Sherman will put his foot down on personnel decisions like Durant for example and really push his weight around on player selections/targets, and that we will see some tangible recruitment benefits from adding his network to the team's Rolodex.

Ironic that we went from someone who was a good GM who badly wanted to coach and was awful at it, follow that up with a good ST coach who badly wanted to be GM and is awful at it.

HfxTC

Herb Zurkowsky
@HerbZurkowsky1

More
[/font][/size]

Truly sad.

That included Calvillo & Raiche.. people inside the org do not believe in Reed, except the owner who gave him the job. Reed keeps bringing in lesser talents he happens to have a history with both on and off the field, he's a good communicator & likely a good guy..  but simply not a good GM.
My only hope for anything positive to come is that Sherman will put his foot down on personnel decisions like Durant for example and really push his weight around on player selections/targets, and that we will see some tangible recruitment benefits from adding his network to the team's Rolodex.

Ironic that we went from someone who was a good GM who badly wanted to coach and was awful at it, follow that up with a good ST coach who badly wanted to be GM and is awful at it.
Whatever improvements come to your team, it will have to be generated by Coach Sherman getting out of his lane... Should be interesting :)

LeStaf

Cet épisode de renouvellement des entraîneurs nous montre que cette direction n'arrivera pas à ramener les Alouettes au succès.

Sherman n'a pas entraîné d'équipe professionnelle depuis 2005 et n'a aucune connaissance du football canadien. Il dépend donc entièrement de ses adjoints, du moins, pour l'instant.

Lorsqu'on regarde la composition de son entourage, on constate que Sherman n'a pas convaincu qui que ce soit de se joindre à lui et il se retrouve avec des fréquentations de Kavis Reed. Malgré le grand respect que je voue ce dernier personnellement, je n'ai pas foi que cette assemblage ramènera les Alouettes sur le chemin de la victoire. Une bonne personne, si bon coordonnateur fut-elle, ne fait pas nécessairement un bon candidat pour reconstruire une équipe de football.

Je ne demande pas mieux qu'on me prouve que je suis dans l'erreur, mais il faut l'admettre, personne dans les embauches récentes n'annonce une progression globale de l'équipe.  Carter et Donovan demeurent des points d'interrogation.  S'il est probable que Donovan ne fasse pas pire que Read, Carter doit démontrer qu'il peut faire mieux que Thorpe.  Ce ne sera pas une mince affaire, surtout avec les joueurs que Reed et Mack ont assemblé.  Je ne vois rien d'encourageant dans la présence de Stubler.  Si ce dernier a une grande connaissance du football, il demeure que ses défensives ont souvent été surpassées ces dernières années, aussi il y a lieu de penser que ses concepts sont peut-être un peu dépassés.  Quel rôle aura-t-il à jouer auprès de Carter, qui vient de l'école de Claybrooks?  Claybrooks a profité des concepts de Stubler, mais pas que de lui.  Il a à mon sens surpassé son maître.

Mais là où la perspective de progression me semble la plus limitée, c'est à l'attaque. Jusqu'à maintenant, on ne peut pas dire que Jones s'est démarqué de ses homologues, à l'exception peut-être de 2016.  Le fait que son attaque a régressé en 2017 me rend passablement songeur sur ses capacités.  Je crains que son embauche vienne du fait qu'il aurait peut-être été plus disposé que d'autres candidats à travailler avec Durant.  Je vois mal ce qu'il pourrait faire de mieux que Chapdelaine avec ce dernier.  Depuis qu'il a remplacé ce dernier, il n'a jamais fait progresser une attaque d'une façon durable.  Lui plus que tous ces nouveaux venus aura à prouver qu'il peut rivaliser avec les meilleurs du métier, ce qu'il n'a toujours pas fait.  Jusqu'à maintenant, 2016 semble plus un heureux accident de parcours qu'une consécration.  Les Alouettes vont se retrouver avec une 6ième attaque différente en autant d'années.  Ce n'est pas exactement la recette pour avoir du succès.  Mais quand on regarder les difficultés que ces attaques ont eues, on peut difficilement penser qu'il y a beaucoup de bon à garder de ces dernières.

L'autre point qui ne m'encourage pas beaucoup, c'est que les entraîneurs de position clés ne sont toujours pas embauchés ou remplacés.  Je ne suis pas très impressionné par le travail de Paul Charbonneau avec la ligne offensive.  Je ne suis pas du tout impressionné par le travail de Greg Quick avec la ligne défensive.  Or, ce sont les 2 unités les plus cruciales.  Une partie de football se gagne d'abord dans les tranchées, et présentement, les Alouettes ne sont pas équipés pour y avoir le dessus.  Nous verrons bien qui viendra compléter le personnel d'entraîneurs, mais disons qu'on est loin de l'équipe de 2009.

En conclusion de tout ceci, je ne peux que constater la grande difficulté de cette administration à attirer les gens de qualité pour piloter l'équipe, autant que sa difficulté à la garnir de suffisamment de bons joueurs pour être compétitive.  Ceux qui la gouvernent devront réaliser qu'aucun redressement ne sera possible si ces difficultés persistent.

Honnêtement, je ne m'attends à aucune victoire cette saison, sinon peut-être une victoire concédée par pitié lors du dernier match de la saison.  Bien des choses pourront arriver d'ici juin et ça pourrait changer mon humeur, mais il n'y a rien d'encourageant dans ce que nous avons vu depuis la fin de la saison.
For translation  ---->  http://translate.google.ca/

Users Online

97 Guests, 13 Users (14 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Hammertown Proud, Grover, ExPat, ticats28, raymarkca, Taleback, MtnCat, letsgoticats, Google (AdSense) (10), Google (4)

Most Online Today: 151. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)