HfxTC

Ownage :)

We gave him some money up front to show we are serious and my guess he will be due another chunk up front every year of his contract.

Well done Kavis and thank you !
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

RichardVeilleux

Tony,

Dorian Durant's stats are based on his 15 games-in 2016- with the Riders.

Richard

HfxTC

Jones benched him the last game against Montreal to play his kids, he was healthy. He'd have finished with over 4000 yards and possibly another win.  Sill finished 4th. Passing and 3rd Rushing.

What's the issue ? I'll tell you what, if Montreal's offense improves from ninth to fourth and are Defense is stil one or two. We are going to the GC.

Grover

Murray McCormickVerified account
?@murraylp
It's believed that final offer by #riders to @dariandurant was $300,000 guaranteed with $100,000 in playing incentives.

Murray McCormick ?@murraylp  1h1 hour ago
It's also believed that @dariandurant countered #riders offer with $400,000 guaranteed. That led to impasse and trade to #alouettes.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

tony

Quote from: "RichardVeilleux"
Tony,

Dorian Durant's stats are based on his 15 games-in 2016- with the Riders.

Richard

Thanks Richard. My mistake. I was thinking 2015.

tony

Chaps was just on 690. He and Kavis had put together a list of players they were going to target, Durant one of them.
He feels he will help not only on the field but in Adam's development.
Never mentioned a word about Cato.

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "tony"

This is really discouraging. They're leaving Cato, the best pure passer on the roster --- and yes, that includes Durant -- out in the cold but bringing in guys to help mentor the chuck-and-ducker who can't throw the deep ball but who can run just enough to make a horrendous offense look better than it has any right to look.  :thdn:

I hope Cato comes to camp and forces them to play him, just like he did last year.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

RichardVeilleux

In today's/tomorrow's article, Herb writes that Kavis Reed and Darian Durant will likely agree to something in the $350,000 and $ 400,000 range. "There will be plenty of incentives and both sides will have to do some capitulation". Herb also writes that Darian would have agreed on a new deal of $350,000 annually with the Riders."That appeared too rich for Jones."

Richard

HfxTC

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"

This is really discouraging. They're leaving Cato, the best pure passer on the roster --- and yes, that includes Durant -- out in the cold but bringing in guys to help mentor the chuck-and-ducker who can't throw the deep ball but who can run just enough to make a horrendous offense look better than it has any right to look.  :thdn:

I hope Cato comes to camp and forces them to play him, just like he did last year.

Something is going on. Its even possible Rakeem asked to be released or traded. But they purposely never mention him, which is ominous.

HfxTC

In today's/tomorrow's article, Herb writes that Kavis Reed and Darian Durant will likely agree to something in the $350,000 and $ 400,000 range. "There will be plenty of incentives and both sides will have to do some capitulation". Herb also writes that Darian would have agreed on a new deal of $350,000 annually with the Riders."That appeared too rich for Jones."

Richard

Contract terms are agreed to already. Not sure what Herb is talking about.

GHT120

Reed and JC have no reason to feel tied to Adams, so if he is their choice over Cato there must be things we fans don't see.  I heard JC on TSN690 and I recall him being asked about Adams but don't recall them asking about Cato, so it may simply be that speaking with Cato wasn't mentioned, not that it didn't happen; or maybe JC just couldn't contact Rakeem today.  

While I am impressed by Rakeem's arm (he throws a beautiful ball) I was also impressed with how Adams performed overall as a rookie.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

GHT120

Quote from: "HfxTC"

Richard

Contract terms are agreed to already. Not sure what Herb is talking about.

A Google search finds nothing about terms being agreed upon, other than the Justin Dunk (the Woodward & Bernstain of the CFL - LOL -  :roll: ) reference on ThreeDownNation.

HfxTC

Ok... thanks  :thup:

Johnny Ticat slayer

Quote from: "HfxTC"
Ownage :)

We gave him some money up front to show we are serious and my guess he will be due another chunk up front every year of his contract.

Well done Kavis and thank you !

Yes, well done Kavis! He got the best free agent veteran QB available.   :thup:

So what if he costs 400K? If you don't have a good QB who can win, you can have all stars at every single other position, but the team will still suck if the QB is no good (or be mediocre at best).

If you can get a proven QB, you open your wallet and give the team a chance of winning.
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

Yup! Johnny wants Cato to prove them wrong.

Users Online

87 Guests, 15 Users (8 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Iconic SR, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Beam reach, GernB, DisplacedCatsFan, Mightygoose, RichardVeilleux, FootbalYouBet, Abendschan, KevinRiley2, schmenger, Yahoo!, Google (7)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)