LeStaf

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"
He was overwhelmed and receiving no help from the coaching staff or his linemates. Matte couldn't get the protection calls sorted out, we had no running game, and Rutley was useless as a blocker. A young guy like Ruby, this stuff gets into his head and he starts playing far worse than what he's capable of. It was the right decision to sit him to take him out of that bad situation and to improve the line in the short term but that doesn't mean he'll never be a good tackle. I watched him all season long and he had some good games too.

C'est un bon point.  Ce sera à Ruby de montrer qu'il peut y parvenir.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

HfxTC

Quote from: "jamie"
Great move by the Als.
Edmonton did the same thing when they got Reilly from BC shortly before FA then signed him.

I suspect the deal is already agreed upon.

Boy Jones has brass balls and could care less of optics.

Especially for a guy who has no one on his staff who's ever developed a CFL QB  :wink:
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

jamie

Yup. He's gone mad I believe.

idealsheldon

Herb Zurkowsky
?@HerbZurkowsky1

#Als' HC Jacques Chapdelaine informed Vernon Adams today by phone the team will enter the season with @dariandurant as the starting QB.

And Lawless saying Carter close to signing with Sask.

gary lawless @garylawless

interest from @sskroughriders in @DC_CHILLIN_8 has grown, he is close to accepting offer. lots of teams in on this - looks like Riders #cfl
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
Herb Zurkowsky
?@HerbZurkowsky1

#Als' HC Jacques Chapdelaine informed Vernon Adams today by phone the team will enter the season with @dariandurant as the starting QB.
[/b]

What about Cato? Hopefully Chap has the same convo with Rakeem.

I don't mind the pecking order here, because Durant is a proven starter with a Grey Cup ring on his finger. Let him start the season in charge. The job is his to lose. No pressure now on Adams and Cato to put the team on their back.

Not to sound like a broken record, but what about confirming the coaching staff and the scouting/GM assistants? I would really like an announcement soon.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

Grover

Alouettes, Darian Durant agree on contract extension

http://3downnation.com/2017/01/13/aloue ... extension/

The Montreal Alouettes and recently-acquired quarterback Darian Durant have agreed on a multi-year contract extension, per team sources.

Durant was traded to the Alouettes on Friday in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2017 CFL draft and a conditional second-rounder in 2018.

The Alouettes finished the season with youngster Vernon Adams at the helm as interim head coach Jacques Chapedelaine finished the season with a 4-2 record after taking over from Jim Popp. The 55-year-old bench boss was the offensive coordinator in Saskatchewan with Durant during the 2015 season.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

idealsheldon

Only one month on the job, Kavis Reed is still a work in progress and has lots more on his plate, but I`m certainly impressed by how he has handled the Durant file.

disciplineandpunish

Well, that didn't take long. Good on Reed.

RichardVeilleux

Although we don't always have accurate information/details on players salaries, from what we do have, some starting  QB's earned less than $325,000 in 2016; these QB's include: Bo Levi Mitchell at $320,000, Burris at $300,000, Zach Collaros at $275,000, Jonathan Jennings at $110,000; mind you, as an "acting" GM, I would take any of these 3 before Durant; I doubt that any one of these 3 could be had for a fourth round draft pick in 2017 and a conditional second round pick in 2018.Travis Lulay earned $200,000 in 2016, meaning that Jennings and Lulay made less than $325,000 in 2016.Matt Nichols definitely earned less than $325,000, although he feels that he is worth as much as $450,000 in 2017. Wants to recuperate loss monies in 2016.

The Als could decide to give Darian Durant a larger signing bonus-up to $125,000-; since it would have a positive impact on Darian's payable US taxes, by doing so the Als would still be limiting their impact on their  2017  cap at $325,000; rather than pay him around $350,000 with no bonuses, they would reduce their costs/ the total amount paid to Darian by at least $25,000 by giving a bonus of up to $125,000. In terms of dollars receive, Darian would not lose.

Let's just hope that he won't be injured for a long period in 2017; as Chris Jones said today, he was injured 3 times in 2016 and they won only 5 games with him in 2016. He was not ready to commit a large guaranteed amount for Darian in 2017.

Richard

Grover

I am guessing with achievable bonuses he will be in the $450K range

idealsheldon

Now as to how a deal got done so quickly after the trade, with supposedly no previous contact permitted, well.....

Hopefully there will not be any consequences,

Grover

Herb gets nailed

Herb Zurkowsky
?@HerbZurkowsky1

Vernon Adams Jr.Verified account
?@vadams_qb Vernon Adams Jr. Retweeted Herb Zurkowsky
Now that's a lie. Baby did you hear Coach Jac say that when he was on speaker or am I trippin? @AlexandriaE12

Now Herb pipes in
Thats right Herb, you were his second call after calling Vernon.  :roll:

Herb Zurkowsky ?@HerbZurkowsky1  2m2 minutes ago
Let me be perfectly clear about this ... This is what Jacques Chapdelaine said to me about Vernon Adams.

jamie

Sheesh...good news can't seem to survive long in Als town.

okie

My feeling is that Kavis Reed panicked even though there the Als were the only team serious about signing Darian Durant for an established starter's contract.  Reed had to implement his Plan A and wanted to take zero chances of that not happening.  So the deal was made.

In my opnion, Reed wanted Durant because he hopes Vernon Adams will be a similar QB in a couple years.  On the other hand, Rakeem Cato seems like he's just an afterthought.

HfxTC

Quote from: "RichardVeilleux"
Although we don't always have accurate information/details on players salaries, from what we do have, some starting  QB's earned less than $325,000 in 2016; these QB's include: Bo Levi Mitchell at $320,000, Burris at $300,000, Zach Collaros at $275,000, Jonathan Jennings at $110,000; mind you, as an "acting" GM, I would take any of these 3 before Durant; I doubt that any one of these 3 could be had for a fourth round draft pick in 2017 and a conditional second round pick in 2018.Travis Lulay earned $200,000 in 2016, meaning that Jennings and Lulay made less than $325,000 in 2016.Matt Nichols definitely earned less than $325,000, although he feels that he is worth as much as $450,000 in 2017. Wants to recuperate loss monies in 2016.

The Als could decide to give Darian Durant a larger signing bonus-up to $125,000-; since it would have a positive impact on Darian's payable US taxes, by doing so the Als would still be limiting their impact on their  2017  cap at $325,000; rather than pay him around $350,000 with no bonuses, they would reduce their costs/ the total amount paid to Darian by at least $25,000 by giving a bonus of up to $125,000. In terms of dollars receive, Darian would not lose.

Let's just hope that he won't be injured for a long period in 2017; as Chris Jones said today, he was injured 3 times in 2016 and they won only 5 games with him in 2016. He was not ready to commit a large guaranteed amount for Darian in 2017.

Richard

Your an accountant right ?

If BLM makes 320k a year for 3 years and got a 200k signing bonus. How much is that ?

Users Online

167 Guests, 14 Users (20 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, bobo82, rpaege, bohdon, KevinRiley2, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, raymarkca, sully, Niagara Als, danoc_86, Google (20)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)