Bigshot

Also, Mincy is more cheaper then Venable if we lose them on FA

disciplineandpunish

Venable is about 30 lbs. heavier than Cox and does not have anywhere near Cox's speed. SAM isn't like the other linebacker positions. You fill Mike and Will with more traditional LB types. You fill the SAM spot with a converted DB with high football IQ who plays aggressive and physical and can form-tackle properly. Mincy is about the same size as Chip.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

HfxTC

There isn't a player in the CFL or that could be brought in as a rookie that can replace Chip Cox. He's going to the HOF and he's a unique combination.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Bigshot

Quote from: "HfxTC"
There isn't a player in the CFL or that could be brought in as a rookie that can replace Chip Cox. He's going to the HOF and he's a unique combination.

I know that but cox is near of the end career and we must go on ahead to replaced them.

disciplineandpunish

Agreed, and LeStaf mentioned that too. You don't "replace" a guy like Cox; you just fill his position as best you can. Generational talent at SAM linebacker and a surefire HoF candidate.  :thup:  :thup:  :thup:

You know what's insane/scary about Chip? HE DOESN'T STUDY FILM. He said that in a Gazette piece a few years ago. He's not tendency-scouting out there, he is just reacting off of football instinct.  :rockin:

Johnny Ticat slayer

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"

Agreed, and LeStaf mentioned that too. You don't "replace" a guy like Cox; you just fill his position as best you can. Generational talent at SAM linebacker and a surefire HoF candidate.  :thup:  :thup:  :thup:

You know what's insane/scary about Chip? HE DOESN'T STUDY FILM. He said that in a Gazette piece a few years ago. He's not tendency-scouting out there, he is just reacting off of football instinct.  :rockin:

An awesome player! When he retires, we will miss him  :cry:
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"

He's the best pure Athlete AND the best pure football player (extremely rare combination) in the CFL has seen in at least 20 years one the defensive side of the ball, possibly ever.

The quality I admire the most about him on the field is his stamina, he's the same guy 59 minutes into the game as he is at opening kickoff. Off the field he hates the media.... :) What's not to like.

AlsPal

I really hope Durant doesn't flop, I really really hope.

Because I am not pleased this team won't go through a rebuild and are still trying to win now.

Is Durant the QB of the future the als have been looking for all this time?

Really growing apathetic the this club now. I personally won't be watching als games this year due to my spouse wanting to get impact season tickets,and really not caring to watch yet another old import, but I hope Durant keeps als fans engaged because if he doesn't this team is in deep trouble.

Montreal doesn't suffer losers very well. And football isn't hockey, and fans will find other things to do other than watch a old losing quarterback with a team that thinks it's a contender instead of a rebuilder.
::)

RichardVeilleux

On January 13,2017 I wrote "Not a big fan of him and paying too much" HfxTC's response: "Stop playing GM Richard. No established QB in the league plays for $325k"

I later on wrote: "he's not worth $400,000 to $450,000" and added "some players will have to accept salary reductions and/or be released" I added "Darian Durant had the lowest QB rating and the lowest % completion" Was for 2016. Same results after 10 games in 2017.

Most persons on this forum agreed with the signing but have definitely changed their thinking. On August  19,2017 HfxTC wrote about Durant: "A QB who has a hard time hitting a barn when he's not throwing it in the hand's of the opponent".

I have not changed my thinking since January 2017 and players releases did occur.

A good thing that the CFL  contracts are not guaranteed; Darian won't return in 2018. He's not the only one to blame for all loses in 2017, but he has not deserved what he is being paid. Yes, injuries to offensive line since game 5 have hurt, but he should be playing better.

Richard

Users Online

168 Guests, 14 Users (15 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
raymarkca, Hamilton2005, DavidThompson, bobo82, Mightygoose, leviadon, argonutII, BillyDee87, papazoola, Dr.Whiskey, DogsFan, PTBO Dave, habcat, sportsfan100, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)