idealsheldon

I`m not always right, I just think I am.

LeStaf

Quote from: "jkm"
I see this as a "temporary" move; Durant's best years are behind him, but he can still sling the ball out to his receivers, and the Als have receivers who can get the job done.

The QB situation is still not settled by this move, but Durant can probably get the Als a few Ws.

Cautiously optimistic over this move.

C'est passablement mon sentiment.  Durant est un bon quart, sans plus.  Il a été blessé plus souvent qu'à son tour au cours des dernières années.  Mais dans la situation actuelle des Alouettes, s'il demeure à Montréal en santé une année ou deux, ce serait une bonne chose pour permettre à Adams et Cato de parfaire leur progression.

Je crois que les Alouettes n'auraient pas fait cette transaction sans avoir suffisamment d'assurances de pouvoir s'entendre avec Durant.  En tout cas, ils auraient été fous de l'avoir fait sans les avoir.  Je penche donc vers le fait qu'un contrat sera conclu.

Reed a encore beaucoup de boulot devant lui. Il faut trouver un bloqueur à gauche de qualité (Bourke? Foucault?), au moins un receveur de premier plan (Jackson?  Ellingson?  Burnham?), un demi offensif de premier plan, un entraîneur de la ligne offensive (Flory?) et un entraîneur des receveurs. Un bon plaqueur défensif (Westerman?) serait également à propos.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

HfxTC

I really like the idea of Scott taking over the offensive line. Thanks ! Never came to mind.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

LeStaf

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"
A few more thoughts on the O-line:

Matte is not a center. He can play it in a pinch, but he had lots of trouble making the protection calls and getting the alignment set up pre-snap last year. So either LBJ takes over the spot for a year or two while we look for a long-term replacement or we move Blake to center. Here's what I would do:

LT - Ruby (haven't given up on him) backed up by a good American tackle
LG - Gagnon
C - Blake
RG - Matte
RT - Perrett splitting time with Ryan White

Backups: LBJ, Piotrowski

Pour ma part, Ruby ne peut jouer cette position chez les pros.  Tout comme O'Donnell l'a été à Edmonton, il est dépassé à cette position à ce niveau de jeu. Blake serait une possibilité intermédiaire, mais il va vraiment falloir trouver mieux que Ruby, sinon, Durant verra sa saison se terminer avant le mois d'août.

LeStaf

Quote from: "HfxTC"
I really like the idea of Scott taking over the offensive line. Thanks ! Never came to mind.

L'idée me vient du fait qu'il a été l'entraîenur officieux de la ligne offensive en 2013, alors que Verducci n'arrivait pas à établir la communication avec son unité.  La ligne offensive avait connu une bonne saison.

LeStaf

A few more thoughts on the O-line:

Matte is not a center. He can play it in a pinch, but he had lots of trouble making the protection calls and getting the alignment set up pre-snap last year. So either LBJ takes over the spot for a year or two while we look for a long-term replacement or we move Blake to center. Here's what I would do:

LT - Ruby (haven't given up on him) backed up by a good American tackle
LG - Gagnon
C - Blake
RG - Matte
RT - Perrett splitting time with Ryan White

Backups: LBJ, Piotrowski

Lots of options

Foucault/Import
Ruby
Blake
Matte
Perrett

Foucault/import
Blake
Matte
Gagnon
Perrett

Foucault/import
Blake
Lavertue
Matte
Perrett

Foucault/import
Blake
Lavertue
Matte
Ruby

Foucault/import
Blake
LBJ
Matte
Perrett

and on and on

Work in progress but as you can see Foucault is an important piece.

On ne sait toujours pas ce que Foucault peut faire sur le terrain de la LCF.  On le sait sur le terrain du SIC et de la NFL, mais celui de la LCF. Cependant, je ne crois pas qu'il serait pire que Ruby.

HfxTC

No matter what, there will be an import LT on the roster this year, unless we bring back Josh and I'm really not opposed to that. As far as Ruby. I would not give up on him at all.He was overwhelmed last season but he's got all the tools and the nice thing with a Tackle is you can always convert them to Guard or sometimes you can convert them to RT and Jeff isn't getting younger.

Grover

From Lawless

"The conditional second-round pick hangs on the Als being able to sign Durant to a new pact. Expect that to happen in a matter of days if not hours. The money the Alouettes will have to allocate to signing Durant likely takes them out of the Duron Carter chase."

You guys just got a whole lot better!  :(

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

disciplineandpunish

I'd forgotten about Foucault. Sure, he has to be in the mix. But as Hfx said, I am not ready to give up on Ruby by any means. He had long stretches of being overwhelmed last year but there was so much wrong with our offense that you can't pin the blame solely on him. Having a center making the right protection calls would help him a lot and yeah even if he can't be an LT we could think about grooming him to replace Perrett, who's no spring chicken.

One thing we have, despite all our woes, is quality O-line depth. Much will depend on who the new O-line coach is but it's definitely a problem we should be able to solve.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "Grover"
From Lawless
The money the Alouettes will have to allocate to signing Durant likely takes them out of the Duron Carter chase."

Lawless is the same guy who said we were interviewing no GM candidates after Sunderland was turned down and the Maciocia affair. Later, it came out that we had interviewed five candidates for the position after considering around fifteen. The media reported none of that and knew none of it. I don't place much trust in Lawless's speculation about money and SMS.

Also, there were a bunch of guys out there saying we'd be trading Cato or Adams just to get Durant's signing rights LMAO

LeStaf

No matter what, there will be an import LT on the roster this year, unless we bring back Josh and I'm really not opposed to that. As far as Ruby. I would not give up on him at all.He was overwhelmed last season but he's got all the tools and the nice thing with a Tackle is you can always convert them to Guard or sometimes you can convert them to RT and Jeff isn't getting younger.

Ruby commettait à la fin de la saison les mêmes erreurs qu'au début de la saison.  Il se fait régulièrement passer à l'intérieur, même plusieurs fois par partie et par le même joueur, et c'est ce qui lui a valu de perdre son poste au profit de Blake en fin de saison. Il n'a même pas joué contre les Timinous à la fin de la saison quand la partie ne voulait plus rien dire pour personne.

Je le garderais pour une autre position pour l'instant, mais pour moi, il ne sera jamais un bon bloqueur à gauche.

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "LeStaf"
Ruby commettait à la fin de la saison les mêmes erreurs qu'au début de la saison.  Il se fait régulièrement passer à l'intérieur, même plusieurs fois par partie et par le même joueur, et c'est ce qui lui a valu de perdre son poste au profit de Blake en fin de saison. Il n'a même pas joué contre les Timinous à la fin de la saison quand la partie ne voulait plus rien dire pour personne.

Je le garderais pour une autre position pour l'instant, mais pour moi, il ne sera jamais un bon bloqueur à gauche.

He was overwhelmed and receiving no help from the coaching staff or his linemates. Matte couldn't get the protection calls sorted out, we had no running game, and Rutley was useless as a blocker. A young guy like Ruby, this stuff gets into his head and he starts playing far worse than what he's capable of. It was the right decision to sit him to take him out of that bad situation and to improve the line in the short term but that doesn't mean he'll never be a good tackle. I watched him all season long and he had some good games too.

HfxTC

Quote from: "Grover"
From Lawless

"The conditional second-round pick hangs on the Als being able to sign Durant to a new pact. Expect that to happen in a matter of days if not hours. The money the Alouettes will have to allocate to signing Durant likely takes them out of the Duron Carter chase."

You guys just got a whole lot better!  :(

I think so. And not saying that the Als will sign Carter but I think Lawless has a low football IQ. Signing Durant makes Montreal more attractive to free agents like Carter, Bourke and others not less.

HfxTC

Quote from: "LeStaf"

He was overwhelmed and receiving no help from the coaching staff or his linemates. Matte couldn't get the protection calls sorted out, we had no running game, and Rutley was useless as a blocker. A young guy like Ruby, this stuff gets into his head and he starts playing far worse than what he's capable of. It was the right decision to sit him to take him out of that bad situation and to improve the line in the short term but that doesn't mean he'll never be a good tackle. I watched him all season long and he had some good games too.

You know your football and you understand people.

jamie

Great move by the Als.
Edmonton did the same thing when they got Reilly from BC shortly before FA then signed him.

I suspect the deal is already agreed upon.

Boy Jones has brass balls and could care less of optics.

Users Online

97 Guests, 18 Users (12 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PTBO Dave, GernB, ticats28, heapbag, raymarkca, Iconic SR, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Beam reach, DisplacedCatsFan, Mightygoose, RichardVeilleux, FootbalYouBet, Abendschan, KevinRiley2, schmenger, Yahoo!, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)