tony

AlsPal

This team is a joke.

Niagara Als

I expected mote comments on this signing. Why Willy Now? My hunch would be that the Als management might have some questions about the perceived ability of the three present QBs behind Durant? Willy is no all star but he did have some good veteran moments in the CFL up to this point in time. Should Durant have an injury, does our coaching staff believe that Adams, Jacory Harris  or Shiltz would be adequate replacements for Durant?

okie

Interview with Didier Orméjuste.  While Vernon Adams is clearly the #2 QB, there is still concern about the backups should anything happen to Darian Durant.

https://soundcloud.com/afternoonridewit ... te06272017

Right now Drew Willy is just trying to learn the system.  How fast he picks up the system and how well he does in practice will determine whether or not he moves up from his current spot as the 5th QB on the depth chart.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/football/ ... atoire.php

HfxTC

Quote from: "okie"
Interview with Didier Orméjuste.  While Vernon Adams is clearly the #2 QB, there is still concern about the backups should anything happen to Darian Durant.

https://soundcloud.com/afternoonridewit ... te06272017

Right now Drew Willy is just trying to learn the system.  How fast he picks up the system and how well he does in practice will determine whether or not he moves up from his current spot as the 5th QB on the depth chart.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/football/ ... atoire.php

I'm not buying a word of all of this. Obviously Kavis is trying to get Adams out of there. He brought in Harris, JC wasn't convinced, now he's trying to bring another one in. they want to move or let go one of Harris or Adams. Lots of flying by the seat of the pants with Kavis

Kavis can't pay Woods but then spends 150k on a fifth QB... Not buying this. Mathematics betrays him :)
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

okie

Willy is getting 150k???  I would have thought that he was getting close to the minimum with some incentives included into his contract.

GHT120

Quote from: "okie"
Willy is getting 150k???  I would have thought that he was getting close to the minimum with some incentives included into his contract.
... AND ... not being happy with the 3rd QB doesn't make it OBVIOUS to me that Adams is getting the bum's rush. Has it even been announced if DW is dressing?  Heard Kavis on TSN690 and elsewhere and he talked about Willy being an addition "with CFL experience" and bringing value "to the classroom"; could just as easily be to help Adams learn/progress.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

AlsPhil

Quote from: "AlsPal"
This team is a joke.

Yessir. First it was Glenn. Then Durant and that was bad enough, but now Willy!  :lol:  When the Als sign Michael Bishop, we'll know for sure rock bottom has been hit in the lame veteran department.

LeStaf

Quote from: "AlsPhil"
This team is a joke.

Yessir. First it was Glenn. Then Durant and that was bad enough, but now Willy!  :lol:  When the Als sign Michael Bishop, we'll know for sure rock bottom has been hit in the lame veteran department.

Qui aurais-tu engagé parmi les quarts disponibles qui voulaient venir à Montréal?
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

AlsPhil

Quote from: "LeStaf"
Quote from: "AlsPhil"
This team is a joke.

Qui aurais-tu engagé parmi les quarts disponibles qui voulaient venir à Montréal?

Je ferais confiance aux jeunes pour éventuellement prendre la relève, et non avoir un releveur vétéran.

HfxTC

If they dump Adams. I"m going White and Blue.

Niagara Als

Re: Drew Willy now an Alouette

by GHT120 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:31 pm

okie wrote:
    Willy is getting 150k??? I would have thought that he was getting close to the minimum with some incentives included into his contract.

... AND ... not being happy with the 3rd QB doesn't make it OBVIOUS to me that Adams is getting the bum's rush. Has it even been announced if DW is dressing? Heard Kavis on TSN690 and elsewhere and he talked about Willy being an addition "with CFL experience" and bringing value "to the classroom"; could just as easily be to help Adams learn/progress.
I'm with you GHT, bringing a QB with some solid experience playing in the league might come in handy should there be injury to Durant. I really don't think Willy will get game action at this point but, he could be a handy addition as the season drifts by. At this point in time Adams has to be back up to Durant and, will likely handle first down attempts on third and one situations. I think Chapdelaine is just adding Willy to provide more veteran experience to this team should the need develop.

RougeMe

The QB turnstile spins.  

The Glenn OUT and Durant IN swing was a good one. If Durant stays healthy, this is a big PLUS for the Als at the starting QB role.

The Adams trade with BC netted the Lions Dan Vandervoort - a big National receiver with potential. A position where the Als are thin, and Sam Giguere is 31+. If the Als dump Adams, the Als LOSE badly on the transaction.

Drew Willy IN and Rakeem Cato OUT.  A 30 year old and injury prone second stringer for a 24 year old natural passer? I am not buying the logic here. I would rather have Cato learning the game from Durant.

And finally, we haven't seen enough of Jacory Harris to figure out where he fits into the mix.

ro1313

Quote from: "RougeMe"

Drew Willy IN and Rakeem Cato OUT.  A 30 year old and injury prone second stringer for a 24 year old natural passer? I am not buying the logic here. I would rather have Cato learning the game from Durant.

Cato was released back in Feb

GHT120

Quote from: "ro1313"
Quote from: "RougeMe"
Cato was released back in Feb
AND the "natural passer remains unemployed

Users Online

111 Guests, 14 Users (19 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, FootbalYouBet, vjcos, The Last Word, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, tony, KevinRiley2, bowl450, Taleback, habcat, Iconic SR, Google (19)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)