MadJack

Of course, he could always change his mind 
And he'd better change his mind.

Lyle B. Style

Don't rule out Drew Willy surviving. This guy is the Eddy Haskell of American QBs - nobody has survival techniques like this mope - be it willingness to move to 3rd string, practice roster, anything - even trades in order to keep the accordion playing.

Perhaps General Sherman doesn't have much coaching fire-power left in his tank but I suspect he'll give Zero Steamboat Willy one more kick at the can - and I suspect Willy will do enough to survive his own demise - be it moving down the QB depth chart - anything to keep a job!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Balticfox

Don't rule out Drew Willy surviving. This guy is the Eddy Haskell of American QBs - nobody has survival techniques like this mope - be it willingness to move to 3rd string, practice roster, anything - even trades in order to keep the accordion playing.

Perhaps General Sherman doesn't have much coaching fire-power left in his tank but I suspect he'll give Zero Steamboat Willy one more kick at the can - and I suspect Willy will do enough to survive his own demise - but moving back down the QB depth chart - anything to keep a job!
Sounds like a real trooper to me! Leaves his ego aside and does whatever the coach says to help the team.

:)
Radically Canadian!

HfxTC

Perhaps General Sherman doesn't have much coaching fire-power left in his tank but I suspect he'll give Zero Steamboat Willy one more kick at the can - and I suspect Willy will do enough to survive his own demise - but moving back down the QB depth chart - anything to keep a job!
Sounds like a real trooper to me! Leaves his ego aside and does whatever the coach says to help the team.

The two games I watched, other than the idiot interception he threw late in the BC game, he wasn't to blame. When the D is in the backfield before the guy has even completed his drop, it won't matter who is back there.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

tony

The two games I watched, other than the idiot interception he threw late in the BC game, he wasn't to blame. When the D is in the backfield before the guy has even completed his drop, it won't matter who is back there.
Willy certainly does not help the cause with his lack of mobility.

Someone who can move when the pocket breaks down makes it a little more challenging.

HfxTC

Someone who can move when the pocket breaks down makes it a little more challenging.
Absolutely, I'm not quite sure what the OC was thinking. As far as I'm concerned that team is run by a bunch of morons. Four touches to Sutton in the first half of a football game. Or trying to go vertical with no protection.

Sherman is completely overwhelmed. He's trying to show a positive attitude but the tone says it all.

Then we have the head of the lodge... The Grand Poobah of the Water Buffalo himself, Mr. Kavis Reed who diks Olafoyle after extending him and paying him his bonus to then stick Sean Jamieson at Right Tackle.

The incompetence is all over the place, so to blame the QB... When the fish stinks, the head smells too. This fish stunk and it stinks even more now. I'm really going to enjoy what our little silver spoon fed banker is going to go tell Daddy when they hit their first by winless. Daddy! I need another million dollars to fire everybody I hired.

JTea

Absolutely, I'm not quite sure what the OC was thinking. As far as I'm concerned that team is run by a bunch of morons. Four touches to Sutton in the first half of a football game. Or trying to go vertical with no protection.

Sherman is completely overwhelmed. He's trying to show a positive attitude but the tone says it all.

Then we have the head of the lodge... The Grand Poobah of the Water Buffalo himself, Mr. Kavis Reed who diks Olafoyle after extending him and paying him his bonus to then stick Sean Jamieson at Right Tackle.

The incompetence is all over the place, so to blame the QB... When the fish stinks, the head smells too. This fish stunk and it stinks even more now. I'm really going to enjoy what our little silver spoon fed banker is going to go tell Daddy when they hit their first by winless. Daddy! I need another million dollars to fire everybody I hired.
I think you kind of answered your own question.  Drew Willy isn't mobile, thats a given. So how do you adjust to that ?. In my opinion, you try to give him more protection. Thus, you keep Sutton in as an extra blocker, in the first half, to give Willy more time to throw downfield. Seemed to work as, at the half, Willy was on pace for a 300 yard passing effort. When we don't throw deep, and the defence is allowed to jam the middle, theres no room for Sutton to run anyway, we likely don't move the chains, we lose the field position battle... etc, etc.

Sutton ended up with 15 total touches, thats a good number as no RB will survive an 18 game season touching the ball 20 times a game, every game. I thought it was a good plan,but we all see it a little differently. I actually would have liked to see Logan get a few more touches, share the load,and give Sutton a breather, but what do I know ?.

When we lose, often times we blame our staff, and thats fair, its a total team effort. Then again, when we win, we've gotta give the plan some credit as well. Is Sutton more likely to have an impact when the defence is fresh, or in the second half, after they're worn down ?.  Who can really say ?.

Again, Sutton got 15 touches, 11 of which were run plays, he only had 20 yards rushing total. Did we really want more of that ?.  I appreciate that we didn;t go away from what was working. Carter couldn't cover Williams, so we stayed with it as Chris Jones either couldn't or wouldn't adjust to it, so why would we adjust to their obvious weakness for them, and go away from whats working. I thought that was really smart coaching. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... for them... but thats just me.

Users Online

52 Guests, 3 Users (10 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PatLynch, Garney 26, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)