idealsheldon

Not sure what it means, but Foucault is listed behind Vaillancourt at LG for the Lions pre-season game tonight at Calg. Not at tackle.

Listed at LT is Steward and then Vincent Brown, the tackle we sent with Foucault to BC for Olafioye.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

Likely means they will break him in at guard. That's not unusual. Van Zeyl and many other Canadian linesmen started inside. The pickle with Foucault is his age...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Foucault make the team as a backup?

Bigshot

Quote from: "HfxTC"
Foucault make the team as a backup?

En tout cas, je ne regrette pas l'échange pour olafoyie  :rockin:

HfxTC

It was a great trade.

okie

I know the Lions tried Foucault at LT.  He got burned a few times at camp, so they moved him to LG.  I thought the new plan was for him to start him at LG.  Have not followed any of their pre-season games.  Is he now relegated to being a backup?

LeStaf

Quote from: "okie"
I know the Lions tried Foucault at LT.  He got burned a few times at camp, so they moved him to LG.  I thought the new plan was for him to start him at LG.  Have not followed any of their pre-season games.  Is he now relegated to being a backup?

Suivant la dernière charte des positions, ça semble se confirmer.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

idealsheldon

It looks like Foucault has beat out Vaillancourt as starting LG.

I watched him Friday in the Sask pre-season game and to my untrained eye he was pretty good in pass protection. Sask. had I think 5 sacks but they were mostly against the tackles.

idealsheldon

Chris Cuthbert said during the BC/Sask. game that Foucault had lost his job at LG to Vaillancourt because of inconsistent play. I also read that Foucault was dealing with concussion issues.

idealsheldon

LIONS TALES: The idea that Canadian David Foucault could hold down the starting right tackle spot lasted only one game, as the Lions will go back to Kelvin Palmer against Hamilton. Foucault, who began training camp working briefly at left tackle, has now lost two positions on the offensive line.

http://3downnation.com/2017/09/20/lions-rookie-awe-knows-game-must-change/

everyman

LIONS TALES: The idea that Canadian David Foucault could hold down the starting right tackle spot lasted only one game, as the Lions will go back to Kelvin Palmer against Hamilton. Foucault, who began training camp working briefly at left tackle, has now lost two positions on the offensive line.

Yes he's been nothing short of horrible as has much of the BC line actually. Just stiff and slow. Hard to believe that the Carolina Panthers were high on him at one time. BC is well on their way to last in the West. I think Edmonton will be the cross over when all is said and done.

Johnny Ticat slayer

LIONS TALES: The idea that Canadian David Foucault could hold down the starting right tackle spot lasted only one game, as the Lions will go back to Kelvin Palmer against Hamilton. Foucault, who began training camp working briefly at left tackle, has now lost two positions on the offensive line.

FLOP!
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

GHT120

Yes he's been nothing short of horrible as has much of the BC line actually. Just stiff and slow. Hard to believe that the Carolina Panthers were high on him at one time. BC is well on their way to last in the West. I think Edmonton will be the cross over when all is said and done.
One deal that KR has won, even though it was a National for an international
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Lyle B. Style

When I look at Foucault I see a thin version of Chris Schultz - a really big guy who played tough and actually lasted in the NFL before being busted and ending his career in Canada as a near-dominant OT.

Foucault is thinner and probably weaker than Schultz. His NFL tenure wasn't long because he presents like a tight end and probably couldn't contain the monsters and demons who infest NFL d-lines.

His lack of strength & power could be tolerated in the CFL but without spring to his legs, great footwork and ability to at least nullify most bull-rushers he could survive. But he's not there and probably never will be.

Anyways, that's my Coles notes assessment - I could be right . . . .
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

HfxTC

In fairness. Foucault started off strong but he faded quickly like most rookies who have never played an 18 game pro season. Foucault had not played more than a game in over four years and in the CIS they play like 8 College games, half against teams that are little better than High School teams.

Then he made things worse by hidding a concussion. That was incredibly stupid.

Users Online

109 Guests, 14 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
vjcos, LeBird, The Last Word, bobo82, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, tony, KevinRiley2, bowl450, Taleback, habcat, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)