disciplineandpunish

Une chose de plus. Essayer de parler dans un environment où la language principale n'est pas ta langue maternelle, c'est pas facile. Ca prend du courage. Certain des gens ici qui ne parle que l'anglais ont évidemment aucune idée. Imagine si quelqu'un t'empeche a parler parce qu'il veut simplement pas clicker le URL qui apparait en bas de chacun de tes messages. Ici au Canada, on a deux langues officielles: l'anglais et le français. Ca m'étonne, franchement, de voir ce attitude tellement borné, tellement plein de préjugés. Heureusement, la plupart des partisans des Tiger-Cats ne sont pas si fanatique.

En passant, le paragraph que je viens d'écrire m'a pri ben beaucoup de temps a composer ... and that's why I post in English, for the most part, because it's my first language. Walk a mile in someone's shoes...
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

Grover

CFL News? @CFL_News  3m3 minutes ago
OL David Foucault wants a better deal from #AlsMTL

http://www.rds.ca/videos/football/nfl/f ... -3.1220051

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

HfxTC

Rookie salary in the CFL is around 55k. Foucault was offered 95k to come in and prove himself and that's a fair offer and inline with what JSJ was given last year as a first overall pick ! Agents trying to start guys off at 130 to 150k is not helping Foucault. Why should Foucault be paid more than Gagnon, Matte ??? How do you build a locker room by doing that.?

If he wants to sit, let him sit. If an opportunity to trade him comes along than do it but who's going to pay market value (first round pick) for a 28 year old who wants to be overpaid by 50 percent ??? Sit Booboo.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

LeStaf

Quote from: "schmenger"
He won't be around very long. We haven't punted anyone this off season yet. Your pretty sure of yourself Halifax. Just as anyone else is free to post in their official language, I am free to post as well. As far as punting anyone off this season, NFL not ^&^&** likely. We are all due the same respect even though you and some others don't think so. Making snide remarks about a stadium as an example only makes me believe the comments originate from your parent's basement. Remember be respectful and do not make personal attacks.

Vous seriez grandi de prêcher par l'exemple.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

Niagara Als

I would love the ability to write and speak both languages. AS a young student in Montreal I started learning French in grade three. However, this exercise was limited to studying the structure of the French language and, my French speaking is poor.  Imagine, I studied French for years and years but this did not give me the ability to speak this language. I lived in the vicinity of LaF ontaine Park and the French speaking friends I made came about by a group of Alouette youngster fans who I met by throwing a football around in the Park.We students mostly graduated without the ability to speak nor write French. In those days their was no  immersion as exists today. In Niagara French immersion is available if requested. Welland, another Niagara city, has a French population also with an immersion available. My two sons who live in Calgary are taking the immersion method and, enjoy this. Since the days of Pierre Trudeau, who was the person to move our country towards this duality of language. Canada has some official person responsible for this and, I hope one day to write him and tell him of our dual language football Forum. If Pierre were alive he would be most proud of his role in developing our duality. I lived in Montreal and enjoyed life in this wonderful city until 1970 ( Als won Grey Cup) ) when I moved to Niagara. I believe that, as nation, our language is both languages. I know it works. There are always bigots who do not support such but, as I travel to the West, I do believe that most citizens welcome this reality. Their is only one rotten barrel in the pile.

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "Niagara Als"
I would love the ability to write and speak both languages. AS a young student in Montreal I started learning French in grade three. However, this exercise was limited to studying the structure of the French language and, my French speaking is poor.  Imagine, I studied French for years and years but this did not give me the ability to speak this language. I lived in the vicinity of LaF ontaine Park and the French speaking friends I made came about by a group of Alouette youngster fans who I met by throwing a football around in the Park.We students mostly graduated without the ability to speak nor write French. In those days their was no  immersion as exists today. In Niagara French immersion is available if requested. Welland, another Niagara city, has a French population also with an immersion available. My two sons who live in Calgary are taking the immersion method and, enjoy this. Since the days of Pierre Trudeau, who was the person to move our country towards this duality of language. Canada has some official person responsible for this and, I hope one day to write him and tell him of our dual language football Forum. If Pierre were alive he would be most proud of his role in developing our duality. I lived in Montreal and enjoyed life in this wonderful city until 1970 ( Als won Grey Cup) ) when I moved to Niagara. I believe that, as nation, our language is both languages. I know it works. There are always bigots who do not support such but, as I travel to the West, I do believe that most citizens welcome this reality. Their is only one rotten barrel in the pile.

What a wonderful post and insight into your life, Niagara.  :thup:  :thup:

CFL in QC

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"
Une chose de plus. Essayer de parler dans un environment où la language principale n'est pas ta langue maternelle, c'est pas facile. Ca prend du courage. Certain des gens ici qui ne parle que l'anglais ont évidemment aucune idée. Imagine si quelqu'un t'empeche a parler parce qu'il veut simplement pas clicker le URL qui apparait en bas de chacun de tes messages. Ici au Canada, on a deux langues officielles: l'anglais et le français. Ca m'étonne, franchement, de voir ce attitude tellement borné, tellement plein de préjugés. Heureusement, la plupart des partisans des Tiger-Cats ne sont pas si fanatique.

En passant, le paragraph que je viens d'écrire m'a pri ben beaucoup de temps a composer ... and that's why I post in English, for the most part, because it's my first language. Walk a mile in someone's shoes...

In the great post category ...

Your previous post was fantastic !

Je suis moi-même un francophone qui tente plus ou moins adroitement quelques posts en anglais et qui apprécie les échanges que l'on retrouve généralement sur ce site, qu'ils soient en anglais ou en français.  Merci entre autres à D&P et à LeStaf pour cela !

Johnny Ticat slayer

Yes, agreed!   :thup:
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "CFL in QC"

In the great post category ...

Your previous post was fantastic !

Je suis moi-même un francophone qui tente plus ou moins adroitement quelques posts en anglais et qui apprécie les échanges que l'on retrouve généralement sur ce site, qu'ils soient en anglais ou en français.  Merci entre autres à D&P et à LeStaf pour cela !

Merci bien, mon ami. J'espère que tu continue à poster ici, soi en français ou en anglais. Ici, on est tous partisans des Alouettes, peu importe langue maternelle.  :thup:  :thup:

LeStaf

x 2  :thup:  :thup:

LeStaf

Quote from: "HfxTC"
Rookie salary in the CFL is around 55k. Foucault was offered 95k to come in and prove himself and that's a fair offer and inline with what JSJ was given last year as a first overall pick ! Agents trying to start guys off at 130 to 150k is not helping Foucault. Why should Foucault be paid more than Gagnon, Matte ??? How do you build a locker room by doing that.?

If he wants to sit, let him sit. If an opportunity to trade him comes along than do it but who's going to pay market value (first round pick) for a 28 year old who wants to be overpaid by 50 percent ??? Sit Booboo.

Bien  vrai.  Je ne vois aucune raison d'offrir à Foucault le salaire d'un joueur qui a fait ses preuves à cette position alors que lui n'a rien prouvé.  Ce qu'il a prouvé, c'est qu'une équipe professionnelle lui a donné une chance et qu'il n'a pas été assez bon pour se tailler un poste.  Ce qu'il a prouvé, c'est qu'une autre équipe lui a donné une occasion, et il n'a pas su se tailler un poste, même sur l'équipe de pratique.  À 95K$, les Alouettes ont fait une excellente offre.

Foucault va revenir sur Terre et signer ce contrat, ou il attendra.  S'il veut faire une carrière au football, peut-il encore attendre.  Je crois que non.

okie

It works both ways.  Are the Als set at OT?  Without Faucault, the Als are reduced to Kavis Reed making another trade, signing an existing CFL free agent, or Joe Mack finding a starting import Tackle.

HfxTC

Quote from: "okie"
It works both ways.  Are the Als set at OT?  Without Faucault, the Als are reduced to Kavis Reed making another trade, signing an existing CFL free agent, or Joe Mack finding a starting import Tackle.

That's on Fou Cault and his agent. If these guys do their job, they will find an unemployed American who will gladly take the 70k offered and we can use the 80k saved on players who have earned it. Michael Ola  was making 60k when he got here. Als are willing to pay an extra 50k for a passport site unseen and he's throwing it in their face... His life.

GHT120

Perhaps an eventual compromise might be a base salary with bonuses for games started / % of downs played?
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

Quote from: "GHT120"
Perhaps an eventual compromise might be a base salary with bonuses for games started / % of downs played?

55k plus 5k for every game started = Potential of 135k

Bet you they wouldn't take the deal.

Users Online

91 Guests, 13 Users (15 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, dcmoses, sully, Abendschan, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, KevinRiley2, Iconic SR, bohdon, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, Mark, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)