mike2579

Hate the direction this team is going in and breaks my heart. So many fun times were spent at Molson Stadium. I even once got into a fist fight with a Stampeders fan when we won that game where Glenn got picked off at the end...lets just say i 1-2 Meawethered him and no I didn’t start it...anyway thats besides the point...i may not buy tickets anymore but i buy merchandise and will only rock Alouettes colours. I recently picked up my 2nd Anwar Stewart game used jersey. I now have a red 9, black 0 and game used helmet. I think the poor play and management of this team has making us fans all crazy. We were spoiled quite frankly. But were still a family so lets all just get along. Can someone plan a Alouettes forum meet and greet? I suck at organizing things but lets do it so we can all blast each other face to face lol!! Love u my boys!
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

idealsheldon

I`m game for getting together, but you`ll have to promise not to Mayweather me Mike.

If not a game, perhaps a weekend practice at the Big O practice field.

Let`s hear from some other Als masochists.

Edit: Should have mentioned we can later head to an establishment where we can really get at each other.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

RichardVeilleux

Regarding MadJack's letter to HfxTC, it was well said. I completely endorse his comments. If someone is not or is no longer an Alouette fan,he or she should not come on this forum and be critical-I am polite- of this team, beginning with Mr.Wetenhall who has done the outmost for the Alouettes fans.

I have been an Alouette fan since the early sixties and there have been many bad years along with good ones. As fans, it is normal that we may not always agree on moves or hirings made, but we can still be respectful to each other and to the Owner,Management, General Manager,Coaching staff and Players.

In the off-season, Mr.Wetenhall did not instruct Andrew to make sure that all decisions to be made by Management and the General Manager to be as bad as possible, in order to make sure that they lose lots of monies and that the fans won't be happy.

Decisions that Mr.Wetenhall and others took,whether we agree with them or not, were in the best interest of the Organization and the fans, at least they hoped.

I am sure that there will still be tough moments ahead, but I do hope that Mr.Wetenhall and his family will stay on board.

With regards to Coach Sherman comments regarding the lack of offense, we have heard this "song" for the past 41/2 years or since the injury to Anthony. How often did we hear Jim Popp saying "we have to score at least 30 points to win". I don't care who the Coach and Offensive Coordinator are, if you don't have the players to execute you will go nowhere.

We all know that the number 1 problem is the lack of a good QB;easy to blame Kavis Reed, but Jim Popp did not find a solution from mid 2013 to end of 2016. After 4 games in 2018,the team is 1-3; I am positive that  if during these 4 games we had played with the other teams QB and they had played with ours, the results would most probably be 2-2 or even 3-1.

In the past 5 to 6 years, can anyone name be a good QB that came directly from College? I can't. The 7 starting QB's on other teams, all came from another team and most of them tried the NFL. This year, Winnipeg rookie QB could be the exception.

In the late sixties and seventies, it was easy to sign a top  INt.player from College, since the CFL was paying more than the NFL. Top and high NFL draft choices signed by the Alouettes during these years include: The ordinary superstar /WR/KR  Johnny Rodgers,LB Tom Cousineau,RB David Overstreet,OT Dan Yochum,OG Ed Georges,DB Dickie Harris,DB Vernon Perry. We can't do this now and most Int.  players signed by CFL teams have been in or tried the NFL for years. Many of the top Nat. players will try the NFL, before signing with the teams that drafted them.

Since Colin Kaepernick does not seem interested in coming to the Alouettes, we will have to work with what we have. I do think or at least hope that tough decisions will be made sooner than later. Some of these decisions,at least to me, are/would be:

QB. Release Drew Willy,when healthy. He is not an option.No more mobility. I would go with these 3,in alphabetical order:Vernon Adams Jr.,Jeff Mathews and Matthew Shiltz.

OL. Release Xavier Fulton. Don't talk to me about Jovan Olafioye. BC has the worst offensive line,after Montreal. Imagine if their QB was not mobile.

WR. Release Ernest Jackson. Never understood why he was signed in 2017,although medical advices to Kavis Reed regarding S.J. Green may have prompted this decision.

DL. They have to play with 2 int. DT's. If we play 4 or 5 Nat. OL,we can play 2 Int. DT's. Nat. Jabar Westerman and Jesse Joseph are not options. 

Chip Cox: In 4 games, he was on injured list for 1 game and a healthy scratch for 2. A younger Int. LB should be in.

Dominique Ellis: Good special teams player but bad DB.

I do hope that despite these tough days, fans will continue to support the Alouettes; if not, the end will come sooner than later.

Richard

idealsheldon

Richard, good to see you posting again.

Did you forget to release Stefan Logan?  :) 

MadJack

I`m game for getting together, but you`ll have to promise not to Mayweather me Mike.

If not a game, perhaps a weekend practice at the Big O practice field.

Let`s hear from some other Als masochists.
It's a great idea, but living where I do it's impractical for me.

MadJack

QB. Release Drew Willy,when healthy. He is not an option.No more mobility. I would go with these 3,in alphabetical order:Vernon Adams Jr.,Jeff Mathews and Matthew Shiltz.

OL. Release Xavier Fulton. Don't talk to me about Jovan Olafioye. BC has the worst offensive line,after Montreal. Imagine if their QB was not mobile.

WR. Release Ernest Jackson. Never understood why he was signed in 2017,although medical advices to Kavis Reed regarding S.J. Green may have prompted this decision.

DL. They have to play with 2 int. DT's. If we play 4 or 5 Nat. OL,we can play 2 Int. DT's. Nat. Jabar Westerman and Jesse Joseph are not options.

Chip Cox: In 4 games, he was on injured list for 1 game and a healthy scratch for 2. A younger Int. LB should be in.

Dominique Ellis: Good special teams player but bad DB.

Richard I concur with pretty much all of these suggestions.

With regards to QB, I see Mathews as being pretty much a clone of Willy (as in, immobile pocket passer, and with our O-line that's not what we need).  So if we keep him drop him to 3rd.

The problem with all the releases is who do we plug in as replacements.  Although releasing Jackson is an exception; no one has picked up Bakari Grant or Marquay McDaniel to my knowledge, so they should be readily available.

From my viewpoint, the worst move Reed made as a GM was the hiring of Joe Mack.  He was a disaster as GM in Winnipeg, and to the best of my recollection he has not recruited one stud for us, not one, regardless of position.  We desperately need a bird dog with extensive connections in the US college leagues, and Joe Mack is not that guy.

MadJack

I have been an Alouette fan since the early sixties and there have been many bad years along with good ones. As fans, it is normal that we may not always agree on moves or hirings made, but we can still be respectful to each other and to the Owner,Management, General Manager,Coaching staff and Players.

In the past 5 to 6 years, can anyone name be a good QB that came directly from College? I can't. The 7 starting QB's on other teams, all came from another team and most of them tried the NFL. This year, Winnipeg rookie QB could be the exception.

1.  Moi aussi; I guess Richard that you, sheldon, Niagara and I are the senior statesmen here.  Maybe we should form our own little group. . . the George Bork Fan Club, perhaps?

2.  I'm stumped on that too. . . I think you have to go back to Chuck Ealey, and that was quite a few moons ago.

tony

1.  Moi aussi; I guess Richard that you, sheldon, Niagara and I are the senior statesmen here.  Maybe we should form our own little group. . . the George Bork Fan Club, perhaps?

What would the group be called if you can recall the days of Dalla Riva, Rogers, White Shoes Johnson, Wade?

GHT120

... The problem with all the releases is who do we plug in as replacements.  Although releasing Jackson is an exception; no one has picked up Bakari Grant or Marquay McDaniel to my knowledge, so they should be readily available ...
Those two are 31 and 34 years old respectively; so no thank you.
Cut Jackson and replace with a rookie ... give them 2-3 games to assess them under live action and if they fall flat move on ... this season is realistically a 15 game exhibition season for next season.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

RichardVeilleux

Thank you MadJack and Sheldon.

Yes,Sheldon, the release of Stefan Logan came to mind, but since he was injured last game, I did not include him. While I do hope that he's OK, if he's away for a few games it will be an opportunity to test/ play someone else.

For the first 4 games on 2018, there have been high paid veterans on the 1 game injury list. It cannot continue,otherwise there would be cap issues/excesses. This is another reason why, at least before game 9 of the regular season, high paid players that don't produce will have to be released. Names of Jackson,Logan,Cox and Fulton come to mind. Could also include Luc Brodeur-Jourdain.

Along with GHT 120, I don't agree in bringing older veterans such as Grant and McDaniel. Try young players on active roster and if no good replace them.

Let's hope that before the next game a few moves will have been made.

Richard

Lucas Bellemare

Harper a mieux fait en un match que Jackson en quatre. Il ne faut pas chercher bien loin. Il a déçu et continue de décevoir. À défaut de le libérer, le général Sherman pourrait envoyer un message en le mettant sur le banc un match ou deux.

La signature de Jackson pouvait faire du sens quand Green était encore dans le décor, mais par la suite nous avons rapidement vu qu'il n'a pas la vivacité nécessaire pour être receveur #1. Chris Williams, malgré un début de saison ordinaire, a beaucoup donné et s'est comporté comme un receveur #1. Certes Jackson peut toujours surprendre en théorie, mais il a eu assez de chances comme ça.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Sorry, but that`s like saying an abscessed (tough word to spell) tooth is better than hemorrhoids (another tough word to spell).

The guy they should have hired is Sunderland.
Exactly! This is Junior Wetenhall's biggest mistake. Not hiring Sunderland (and hiring Reed) put 4 or 5 nails in the coffin...
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

Rich Stubler conserve la tactique de ''recule mais ne flanche pas'' qui est plus désespérante qu'autre chose. 
There is nothing wrong per say with Stubler's defense. The concept is to have his players facing the play by keeping everything in front of them. They concede the run and the short pass and force you to inch your way up the field and hopefully when their opponent commits a mistake, players have eyes on the ball to make a play.

It works great if you have a high powered offense that can take the lead keeping opponents inching their way up the field and then when the clock starts go away on them they force things and Stubler's defense gets turnovers.

But with a pea shooter offense like Montreal, it compounds the problem. You have an offense that has a hard time staying on the field for 20 minutes, so the opponent takes their sweet time. They know they need 20 points to win the game on average. So now Stubler's defense is out there for almost 40 minutes. I mean they are on the field for 8 minutes, then the Als pop a two and out and they go back out there for 5, 6 minutes, they break, there is no bending :)

Kavis Matrix is broken...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Folks - I'll talk about it with the other more tenured moderators to make sure I have this right, but the "safe haven" rule doesn't that people who are fans from other teams are A) barred from starting threads in other team forums or B) must only make positive-sounding posts in other team forums. The rule is against trolling / trash talk, not criticism. There's no exact line in between those but I don't think this post crosses it. Debate the criticism on the merits.
Thanks for this Sully! Johnny is on his way to the Ticats forum!   :P

LeStaf

J'ai vu avec une relative déception la polémique entourant les commentaires de HfxTC et me désole de la tournure qu'elle a prise.

HfxTC a été longtemps un supporteur avoué des Alouettes.  Il a enduré comme nous tous les sottises que cette équipe nous a servies depuis plusieurs saisons, et celles-ci ont eu raison de lui bien avant nous.

On peut faire toutes sortes d'inférences des propos de notre ami HfxTC depuis qu'il s'est déclaré un supporteur des Eskimos, mais force il est de constater que ses constantes observations à propos des absurdités de l'administration actuelle des Alouettes témoignent qu'il porte toujours cette équipe dans son coeur.  Malgré lui, peut-être, mais on ne suit pas avec autant d'assiduité une équipe à laquelle on porte peu ou pas d'intérêt.

Si les commentaires de HfxTC sont souvent négatifs, il faut tout de même admettre que les Alouettes ne nous livrent pas beaucoup de choses positives pour nous emballer.  Je ne vois pas tellement des autres trouver que cette équipe est soudainement en train de s'améliorer.  Nous voyons tous les problèmes tels qu'ils sont : l'équipe de recrutement intrenational, les quarts-arrières, les coordonnateurs, la ligne offensive, les unités spéciales, Jackson qui a oublié son talent au vestiaire et qui semble s'en foutre éperduement, l'absence de 2ième marteau pour supporter Sutton, etc.  Nous voyons aussi que ceux qui devraient les régler n'ont pas la compétence pour donner à Sherman les outils avec lesquels il pourrait espérer avoir une équipe qui reste compétitive pendant plus de 20 minutes.

Les commentaires de HfxTC ne visent pas la provocation.  Il a été suffisamment longtemps un contributeur de ce forum pour que nous sachions qu'il ne vise pas à foutre le bordel dans ce forum, mais y contribuer de ses observations habituellement justes, articulées, et je dirais surtout qui semblent motivées par l'espoir que les choses s'améliorent pour cette équipe, exprimant ainsi un certain désarroi qu'elles semblent au mieux faire du sur-place dans la médiocrité.  C'est pourquoi je trouve l'étiquette de troll exagérée dans son cas.  Nous le connaissons depuis assez longtemps pour voir au-delà de ses doléances.  Je crois avant tout qu'il veut envoyer un message à cette équipe et cette tribune est celle dont il se sert, car il sait que nos commentaires y sont suivis.

Vous direz que je spécule sur ses intentions, et vous aurez raison.  Mais je demeure persuadé qu'il y a dans ce regard une bonne dose de vérité, que notre ami HfxTC soit prêt à admettre ou pas.  Il y a suffisamment de véritables trolls qui viennent sévir sur ce forum de temps à autres, je ne vois pas l'utililté de demander à un supporteur du football canadien aguerri, qui écrit en connaissance de cause et qui peut articuler ses opinions de façon sensée, de cesser de contribuer à nos discussions.  Il existe, il me semble, des plus mal venus que lui.

For translation  ---->  http://translate.google.ca/

Users Online

89 Guests, 15 Users (21 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
StampsRock!, RedandWhite, of course, TheCrazyCatLady, ExPat, 150GAGE, btharner, Mightygoose, Katmandu, KevinRiley2, schmenger, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (13)

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)