everyman

So...Chris Williams on his way in from BC for Knapton.

You guys happy with that one?

mike2579

Who’s next? Fantuz? Owens? Get a damn coach first before shopping for washed up American receivers
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

G Man

Williams health is the unknown here.. if healthy he does bring the speed the receiving core desperately needed last year to stretch the defense, as well as upgrading the return game. Also depends how well they can revamp the DL with the departures of Knapton & Bowman, as mentioned in other thread.

There will be many more changes, will see when the rest of the pieces fall into place.. but this being Reed's master plan, not confident.

Saw us hire an RB scout, head coach rumors seems that will be settled soon, Collaros rumors.. their offseason will be more entertaining than their actual season.

GHT120

Williams health is the unknown here.. if healthy he does bring the speed the receiving core desperately needed last year to stretch the defense, as well as upgrading the return game. Also depends how well they can revamp the DL with the departures of Knapton & Bowman, as mentioned in other thread.

There will be many more changes, will see when the rest of the pieces fall into place.. but this being Reed's master plan, not confident.

Saw us hire an RB scout, head coach rumors seems that will be settled soon, Collaros rumors.. their offseason will be more entertaining than their actual season.
Agreed, but I suspect Knapton was not going to be back anyway.

Wonder what this means for Jackson?  Finally move to slot (where he had his success with Ottawa) or salary-cap release?
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Niagara Als

I thought all season that Knapton was off his first year playing at DE. But then the whole group of defenders were off, especially at DT. I would like to see more focus on NCAA coaching. In past, Popp has had some good news for a decade but, it turns me off to consider what he has done to date with the Argos. I will wait to see what the QB situation develops before judging the present group of scouts. There has always been a player or two come out of the undrafted NCAA group- including some excellent QBs. My guess is that we're going to wait  a while before passing judgment on the 2018 edition. The fans are suspect at this point. We need to wait and see.

HfxTC

Also points to Washington being Kavis pick for a HC. It is douptful, Reed is courting Washington and doesn't ask his opinion.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

idealsheldon

Last season Kavis came across as being impulsive in several of his moves. Mathieu Boulay at one point called him "Cowboy Kavis".

This trade seems to be another example. It still might turn out to be a good one, but what was the rush to complete it? Apparently Harvey called Kavis on Monday inquiring about Knapton, and the deal was done by Tuesday. 

Why not wait until you have had a chance to discuss it with your new Head Coach? It wasn`t as if there was going to be a bidding war for Williams. And BC might even have released him in the near future.

As far as Williams salary there is no way the Als will pay him $200,000. It will certainly be renegotiated.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

Gabe Knapton 28 years old (entering his prime as a DL)
Chris Williams  30 years old (Multiple serious injury coming off worse CFL season)

Same old, same old.

Grover

Last season Kavis came across as being impulsive in several of his moves. Mathieu Boulay at one point called him "Cowboy Kavis".

This trade seems to be another example. It still might turn out to be a good one, but what was the rush to complete it? Apparently Harvey called Kavis on Monday inquiring about Knapton, and the deal was done by Tuesday.

Why not wait until you have had a chance to discuss it with your new Head Coach? It wasn`t as if there was going to be a bidding war for Williams. And BC might even have released him in the near future.

As far as Williams salary there is no way the Als will pay him $200,000. It will certainly be renegotiated.
Chris Williams will not be renegotiating his contract and I would not doubt that he has a sizeable bonus due on Feb. 1st and another coming the day before training camp for passing his physical.

That is a pretty standard CFL 6 figure contract bonus structure these days.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

idealsheldon

Chris Williams will not be renegotiating his contract and I would not doubt that he has a sizeable bonus due on Feb. 1st and another coming the day before training camp for passing his physical.

That is a pretty standard CFL 6 figure contract bonus structure these days.
Why do you say that, what other options would he have?

Users Online

58 Guests, 6 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
FootbalYouBet, Krisiun, ExPat, riders78, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)