everyman

I know for a fact i wont name players, some are gone some are still around but Noel Thorpe is greatly despised by his players. Thorpe not being there anymore actually might change alot on this team.
This was Thorpe's last year under contract I believe. He wanted to leave two seasons ago and the Wettenhals would not let him go.
He's probably happy he is no longer there now and will be able to start the next phase of his coaching career (presuming he will have one).
I suspect he will land with Edmonton next year after Benevides is let go.

Grover

Anwar Stewart
@Bigstew9

Follow

The Football Gods Woke Me up with a Smile on my Face.  Wow JC and NT, would love to see your Faces right now.  Here is my Face,
6:51 AM - 13 Sep 2017 from Kentucky, USA

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Grover

AlsPhil

It IS time to switch the name to CONcordes.

Grover

Jonathan Crompton‏Verified account
@jcromp8

Well I guess karma really is true lol, treat the only QB that has won for you in years like crap, and still can't win #karmaisa***** Lol
9:20 AM - 10 Sep 2017

idealsheldon

Kavis Reed is definitely one sleazy dude.

Did such a wonderful job providing his Head Coach with elite personnel and then slashes him mid-season.

I would get pissed when Herb would describe the team as being dysfunctional. Well this organization is now definitely dysfunctional.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Hey Johnny - how about that?  No "FIRE Chap" string required!

As Bugs Bunny would say - "What a bunch of maroons!"
Johnny is just seeing this! Very surprised! Something had to be done. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

RougeMe

Band-Aids and chewing gum.

A makeshift  repair job will not keep the Titanic above the water.

The organization desperately needs new ownership, followed a top to bottom rebuild. 

Johnny Ticat slayer

Kavis Reed is definitely one sleazy dude.

Did such a wonderful job providing his Head Coach with elite personnel and then slashes him mid-season.

I would get pissed when Herb would describe the team as being dysfunctional. Well this organization is now definitely dysfunctional.
Reed is himself a big part of the problem. He's making this move to save his arse. 

Oh well. Is anyone looking forward to Reed's intense pre game speeches?   :)

Quick as DC... That will not go well.

idealsheldon

The thing with Reed is he has the mindset of a Coach, not a GM. You would often see him on the sidelines during Training Camp and games coaching up players.

What the team needs in a GM, above all else, is a guy who is constantly thinking player personnel, how I can make my team better.

Until the Als get that kind of guy their struggles will continue.

And I only hope when the time comes to fire Kavis Reed they do it at 6:00 in the morning. Karma!

tony

And the finger can and should be pointed at Wettenhal and son for the current status of the organization.

Johnny Ticat slayer

If there is anything funny in this, it is that Chapdelaine's son Justin, is still on the coaching staff as receivers coach!

Johnny Ticat slayer

The thing with Reed is he has the mindset of a Coach, not a GM. You would often see him on the sidelines during Training Camp and games coaching up players.

What the team needs in a GM, above all else, is a guy who is constantly thinking player personnel, how I can make my team better.

Until the Als get that kind of guy their struggles will continue.

And I only hope when the time comes to fire Kavis Reed they do it at 6:00 in the morning. Karma!
Well said Sheldon. Until they get a REAL GM, and let that GM hire the HC, the team will not work properly. 

papazoola

......Consequences have been realized.....Wouldn't be surprised to see Thorpe end up in the Peg as Ritchie Hall's rumoured health problems will probably end his coaching career...Maybe Edm. but Benevides is tied to Moss so there most likely won't be a gig in Alta....Something had to happen to shake this club up...Under performing will only last so long in this league...One head scratcher is that the D seemed to be doing fine under Thorpe....strange to let him go at this juncture.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Johnny Ticat slayer

Johnny is not expecting things to really improve. Calvillo will be calling the plays, but it is still Chapdelaine's offense and playbook. There is not that much he can change at this point in the season.

As for Quick running the defence. He was a DC for one season, with the 2015 Riders. The Riders went 3-15 and gave up 563 points. 

Don't plan the Grey Cup parade yet...

Users Online

81 Guests, 10 Users (9 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
97valkyrie, tcmike, jim43bob, PTBO Dave, alphamale111, Argofan_1000, RedandWhite, Lennywasout, Mightygoose, Yahoo!, Google (8)

Most Online Today: 161. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)