RichardVeilleux

The beginning of the "Danny show/saga". Will be interviewed on RDS. I definitely won't listen.

Richard

GHT120

Reed broke the news to Chaps and Thorpe at 6 am this morning while they were at the office.

Could he have not saved them the early morning trip and let them know last night?
If the final decision was made after they left the offices for the day then he gets criticized for not doing it face-to-face; fundamentally, there is no nice way to fire someone.
True. However find it hard to believe the decision was made after 5pm last night.
On TSN690 Reed just said it was made at 11:00 last night ...... but they had been discussing it as far back as the game in Winnipeg.

They had been consulting Stubler for a bit (with Argos' permission) and time will tell whether he is brought on-board in any way.
Yes heard. Somehow I am still not convinced but anyway it is 11 according to Reed.
I believe he also said they had requested permission from the Argos to speak with Stubler.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Said that they would be following up with Argos to confirm the permission ... perhaps it was only as a consultant initially ... but gave no hint of what role Stubler might play ... he has almost only ever been a DC/DLC in CFL .... assistant HC with Argos from 2003-2007 (under Clemons) and lasted 10 games in 2008 before being replaced by Matthews .... for whatever it may be worth they made the Divisional Final each year, and won one GC, he has AHC.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

GHT120

The beginning of the "Danny show/saga". Will be interviewed on RDS. I definitely won't listen.

Richard
Tony Marinaro was beating the "JC should never have been hired" drum ... he felt it should have been the Elf all along.

RichardVeilleux

Jacques Chapdelaine was interviewed on RDS by Didier Orméjuste. Good interview.  He wished Management and the fans a victory Sunday. He said that there are good persons on this team.

I definitely wish Jacques Chapedelaine, Jim Thorpe and their families the best. Never experienced it, but must be difficult to be fired. 

I understand the reasons/the situation/the not so good results but not the time to throw rocks at them.

Richard

idealsheldon

Way too early to start speculating on a permanent successor to Chapdelaine, but I`ll start anyways.

While there is a connection between Kavis and Rich Stubler, there is also one between Stubler and his protege Orlondo Steinauer, currently def. co-ordinator at Fresno State.

One name to throw into the hat.

To add to the speculation, Steinauer brings in Tommy Condell who he worked with in Hamilton as his offensive co-ordinator. And the Als are on their way to the 2018 Grey Cup!

Whoops....I forgot....Kavis might still be the GM. :(
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

RichardVeilleux

I wrote Jim Thorpe. Shall read Noêl.

Richard

tony

Way too early to start speculating on a permanent successor to Chapdelaine, but I`ll start anyways.

While there is a connection between Kavis and Rich Stubler, there is also one between Stubler and his protege Orlondo Steinauer, currently def. co-ordinator at Fresno State.

One name to throw into the hat.

To add to the speculation, Steinauer brings in Tommy Condell who he worked with in Hamilton as his offensive co-ordinator. And the Als are on their way to the 2018 Grey Cup!

Whoops....I forgot....Kavis might still be the GM. :(
I am saying it now. NO to Stubler as HC.

New blood and Steinauer would be one to talk to. Provided he would consider talking.

Depending on how this team closes out the season, Reed should also be on the hot seat.

Anyway it is sliced, Wettenhals need to take a long hard look in the mirror.
This is their mess they find themselves in right now.

G Man

Saw Danny interview on RDS.. said he wasn't interested, had gone through the process last year and learned a lot from it but was in a different place now, happy with Carabins.
He did mention,  in PC terms, that people hired weren't allowed to then make their own decisions.. and that he didn't expect that would change, one of the reason he wouldn't be interested.

In the end it's unanimous from just about anyone I've seen comment the Als' situation, the one constant during this team's debacle has been the Wets inability to stop themselves from making all the football decisions.. if at least they were good at it, but clearly they have no clue.. no matter how well-meaning they are the proof is in the pudding.
Problem is when he said no one was safe, I don't think Wet Jr. was including himself in there.. so more of the same coming.

Lyle B. Style

I suspect Wetzie, Sr. no longer knows whether he's foot or horseback - and Wetzie, Jr. is basically a more polite version of Leapin' Lonnie Glieberoid . . . . his daddy's lawyers are probably trying to get the older man to dispose of the team to a local concern or co-op investment group as they may be allowed to indulge the younger Wetzie for a million or so losses per season - but certainly NOT the rumoured 4 to 6 million!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

G Man

http://www.goalsgo.com/alouettes-forum/qui-sera-nouveau-fossoyeur-des-alouettes-t5275.html
Juste une dernière observation avant de retourner au boulot : les Alouettes ont perdu 2 entraîneurs durant cet entre-saisons : Kris Sweet et Anwar Stewart.  Quels sont les plus gros problèmes des Alouettes? La ligne offensive et la ligne défensive.

Il faut aussi quand même dire que la ligne défensive n'avais rien fait de très spécial par le passé et a en plus perdu au change dans le changement ratio dans l'entre-saison, et la ligne offensive qui elle avait bénéficié de l'opération avait bien commencé les premiers matchs.. puis avec les blessures à multiples joueurs s'est en suite effondré.

idealsheldon

Saw Danny interview on RDS.. said he wasn't interested, had gone through the process last year and learned a lot from it but was in a different place now, happy with Carabins.
He did mention,  in PC terms, that people hired weren't allowed to then make their own decisions.. and that he didn't expect that would change, one of the reason he wouldn't be interested.

In the end it's unanimous from just about anyone I've seen comment the Als' situation, the one constant during this team's debacle has been the Wets inability to stop themselves from making all the football decisions.. if at least they were good at it, but clearly they have no clue.. no matter how well-meaning they are the proof is in the pudding.
Problem is when he said no one was safe, I don't think Wet Jr. was including himself in there.. so more of the same coming.
Further evidence of owner meddling is this. Chapdelaine just told Mario Langlois that when Kavis met with him this morning, he told him he had received a phone call last night and the team was going in a different direction.

tony

He did mention,  in PC terms, that people hired weren't allowed to then make their own decisions.. and that he didn't expect that would change, one of the reason he wouldn't be interested.

Why would Danny M want to leave the situation he currently finds himself.
A winning program and probably has security not to mention decent salary.

tony

Further evidence of owner meddling is this. Chapdelaine just told Mario Langlois that when Kavis met with him this morning, he told him he had received a phone call last night and the team was going in a different direction.
So Reed has the title GM but in reality it's just that.

AlsPhil

Reed was hired as GM for 2 reasons: first he was part of the organization and second he agreed that Chapdelaine had been the right choice as coach. He had never been GM before. The basis for his appointment was poor back then, and now it's even worse because he's proven zero as HC and he just got rid of the guy he so strongly approved of a few months back.
We just got rid of a GM who couldn't control his lust for coaching, and here we go again, except Popp was a better HC than Kavis will ever be: Kavis keeps throwing around the accountability argument at others, but he forgets to look in the mirror.
Als are going down the toilet.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Alouettes players better get used to moments like this before games.   :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byR_i1lAD0E
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Users Online

190 Guests, 16 Users (14 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
papazoola, BillyDee87, leviadon, DogsFan, Hamilton2005, PTBO Dave, habcat, sportsfan100, raymarkca, bedrock, mycko75, TeddyFay, cheater, RedandWhite, tabbiefanmcb, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)