idealsheldon

The question is how patient will the Wetenhalls be with Reed and Chapdelaine.
You are assuming that they are a package deal & both are in agreement on what is needed to consistently win football games.  I actually get a sense that either one would have no problem throwing the other under a bus if necessary.
I`m not sure about now, but if the losses pile up that becomes a possibility.

I`m still curious about which one (or maybe both) threw Popp under the bus. 

And Reed at this time of year should be at NFL camps, not patrolling the sidelines.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

Lyle B. Style

You are assuming that they are a package deal & both are in agreement on what is needed to consistently win football games.  I actually get a sense that either one would have no problem throwing the other under a bus if necessary.
I`m not sure about now, but if the losses pile up that becomes a possibility.

I`m still curious about which one (or maybe both) threw Popp under the bus.

And Reed at this time of year should be at NFL camps, not patrolling the sidelines.
Kavis is an odd duck. He probably thinks he's saving the organization a ton of money by not bouncing around NFL camps!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

tony

You are assuming that they are a package deal & both are in agreement on what is needed to consistently win football games.  I actually get a sense that either one would have no problem throwing the other under a bus if necessar

Very good question Ideal. Wonder if anyone will ask him that. Would love to hear his answer.

RichardVeilleux

Sheldon, Kavis has been to NFL camps and their scouts are there. I doubt that they will find Nat. players in NFL camps. NFL rosters will be reduced to 53,from 90, on September 2nd and on September 3rd teams will be allowed to add 10 players to practice rosters. It won't be before 2nd or 3rd week of September before NFL cuts will be invited by CFL teams.

Persons keep blaming Kavis Reed although he has been in place for less than a year; agreed, he made not so good moves but he can't prevent or heal injuries,particularly to Nat. players. I don't care about Edmonton and their injuries. I care about the Als. New GM's in Toronto and Edmonton sure took a much better team than Kavis in Montreal. 

If the fans can't support the Als, well Mr. Wetenhall will most probably do what was done on June 24,1987 and "close the books/put the final nail on the coffin". 

Richard

GHT120

... If the fans can't support the Als, well Mr. Wetenhall will most probably do what was done on June 24,1987 and "close the books/put the final nail on the coffin" ...
I don't see him doing that, but I can see him giving the franchise away.  Hopefully someone can take over an do what Bob did way-back-when .... find a competent GM and keep their fingers out of things.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

GHT120

... Also, Chip Cox has become a liability on pass coverage. He couldn't make a tackle to save his life!
Thought Cox was OK. He certainly ran down (aka maintained angle) to haul down the bombers fastest man, Ryan Lankford in a critical situation ...
Looked to me like BBs were picking on Cox at key times, and they ate him up.
Cox has been a GREAT warrior for many years, but IMO he seems to lost a little something, that shows most in stop/start/change-direction moves in coverage, not in his sprinting. 

Niagara Als

Does anyone know the real fan attendance of this game?

GHT120

Congratulations to Nik Lewis on his outstanding achievement. Nik has been one of the few Als bright lights the past 2 seasons ...
And the Als "celebrating" in front of the 32 people that were left in the stands was classless ...... especially since they play at Perceval Molson Stadium NEXT THURSDAY.

idealsheldon

Attendance was 18,564. Pretty decent relative to the team`s recent performances.

tony

Attendance was 18,564. Pretty decent relative to the team`s recent performances.
Down over 1000 from the previous home game.

idealsheldon

Sheldon, Kavis has been to NFL camps and their scouts are there. I doubt that they will find Nat. players in NFL camps. NFL rosters will be reduced to 53,from 90, on September 2nd and on September 3rd teams will be allowed to add 10 players to practice rosters. It won't be before 2nd or 3rd week of September before NFL cuts will be invited by CFL teams.

Persons keep blaming Kavis Reed although he has been in place for less than a year; agreed, he made not so good moves but he can't prevent or heal injuries,particularly to Nat. players. I don't care about Edmonton and their injuries. I care about the Als. New GM's in Toronto and Edmonton sure took a much better team than Kavis in Montreal.

Richard
Richard, you were more critical than I was over some of Kavis` off-season moves.

Are you happy to see Martese Jackson in Toronto?
Are you happy to see Fabion Foote not even dressed?
Are you happy with our DTs?
Are you happy that Bear Woods was cut, yet an older, more expensive Chip Cox was kept?

Richard, you`re either a better fan than me or have a lot more patience.

tony

If the fans can't support the Als, well Mr. Wetenhall will most probably do what was done on June 24,1987 and "close the books/put the final nail on the coffin".

Richard
Yes I blame Reed for the current roster. I blame him for giving Durant the contract that he did.
Two more costly INT's last night. At this point, I would rather see the Als play a young QB and allow him to develop than to see this $400k QB continue.
And in so doing, Reed had to make cuts elsewhere to keep within the cap.
Think I have said this several times before.

I also believe that Wettenhal has a big hand in how the organization finds itself right now.

Six years and counting and this team is not improving.

Other CFL teams have gone through downturns but have managed to stay competitive.
Why not the Als?!

The best thing is for the Wettenhals to sell and move on and allow someone to bring in new ideas, new concepts, new management.
Otherwise yes, maybe history will repeat itself.

AlsPal

Richard
Yes I blame Reed for the current roster. I blame him for giving Durant the contract that he did.
Two more costly INT's last night. At this point, I would rather see the Als play a young QB and allow him to develop than to see this $400k QB continue.
And in so doing, Reed had to make cuts elsewhere to keep within the cap.
Think I have said this several times before.

I also believe that Wettenhal has a big hand in how the organization finds itself right now.

Six years and counting and this team is not improving.

Other CFL teams have gone through downturns but have managed to stay competitive.
Why not the Als?!

The best thing is for the Wettenhals to sell and move on and allow someone to bring in new ideas, new concepts, new management.
Otherwise yes, maybe history will repeat itself.
If the als were actually trying to develop a young QB I would be watching the games.
I refused to watch the als under Kevin Glenn and I refuse to watch the alt under DD. 
I watched every game Cato and Adams played.
I hope they keep losing and DD keeps soiling the bed so that they eventually go that route.
Or sign yet another over the hill expensive QB I guess.

RichardVeilleux

As I wrote,Sheldon, Kavis made not so good moves and the release of Martese Jackson was one of them; easy to understand then, given the results of Stefan Logan, in the past 2 years. Last season for Stefan.

I don't have problems with Fabion Foote not playing; I have confidence in the coaches.

Definitely not happy with the DT's and I wrote it on a few occasions,since the beginning of the season; in fact, it was one of the reasons that I wrote,on June 17,2017, that I did not expected the Als to have more wins than losses in 2017. What is your solutions at DT's,Sheldon?  When Kavis and Jacques decided to go with 2 Int. OL in 2017 -good move- it was evident that 2 less Int. would be on defence. The current injuries make it difficult/almost impossible to play 3 Int. DL. Presently, to me the number 1 area of concern is the lack of pressure by the defensive line. I would be more inclined to dress only 2 Int. OL,rather than 3, in order to play 1 more Int. player on the defensive line. 

I was quite surprised with the release of Bear Woods, which was dictated by the finane/his high salary and his past injuries; this being said, we don't miss him; Tovell-first 8 games- and Sarao-last game- have replaced him more than adequately.

Chip Cox is most probably in his last season and he is making much less than Bear would have made; furthermore, they don't play the same LB position. Not as if they were both MLB's; would then be hard to understand. The team has found his replacement in Brandon Dozier.

I have always been a fan in good and bad times and will remain; does not mean that I agree with all the moves and that I won't be critical, but I will try to be as constructive as possible. As Pierre Vercheval wrote today, their record is the same as it was after 9 games in 2016, but they have been more competitive and with a few breaks, eliminations of bad penalties, their record could be much better. 

I have always been grateful to Mr. Wetenhall and will always remain; he did spend millions of his own money and I am sure that the decisions he took he definitely thought that they were in the best interest of the team and its fans. Without him there would be no Alouettes in Montreal.  Easy for some to say sell the team but easier said than done. No ones are interested in spending/putting many millions in a team that does not generate much more revenue than expenses.

I hope that the next 9 games will end with more wins than losses; the 5 remaining games against the East teams are crucial; they have to win at least 4 of them, particularly the 2 against Ottawa. To me, only the first 2 teams in the East will be in the playoffs.

Richard

HfxTC

I mentioned during the off season, there was no reason for playing 2 import offensive linemen. ZERO. That was Kavis decision. They could have moved Blake to Tackle and played Gagnon inside.

Also, you can say that the money he spent on Plesius, Phillips, Bailey, Oromasionwu instead of Shorthill forced him to cut Woods and why? Plesius hasn't been used and still wasn't used when the MLB went down. What a waste of money and what a tragedy for Plesius who is seeing his career go up in smoke.

Joe Mack! Does anyone want to talk about Joe sleeping in his chair during the draft? Who has Joe Mack brought to improve this team? 

About being more competitive? I don't see it. They put more points sure but the defence has gone from the best-run stop defence to handing the Argos 190 yards on the ground! They can't pressure a QB and can't get off the field because they can't stop the run.

The Coach hired for Special Teams has no clue what he's doing not really his fault, he's a rookie.

Then there is AC. What the hell is he doing? He's not a motivator, he has no say in that offence and there are no young QBs to groom. Just a collection of veterans with diminishing abilities. The only reason he's there is to appease the owner, I'm sure of it.

Kavis turned the Eskimos into a soft bunch and collection of azz kissers. Kept riding Kerry Joseph and is doing the same here with Durant, Willy and Harris.

First Chapdelaine told us he wanted a fast start, they had to make hay early in the season, didn't happen, then he told us this stretch was the Als season and they would go on a roll. Didn't happen. This team is not fired up. They don't believe in that coaching staff and in the end stop believing in themselves. Watching Chapdelaine giving his pre-game speech is like watching paint dry.

About the announced crowd. I'm told there were less than 15 000 people in the stands... I wasn't there but I have no reason to believe otherwise. My source is good and has been an STH for over ten years. So it's a good thing the Als only have a few more home games because at this rate there will be less than 10 000 people in the stands really soon. Will be interesting to see what BW does when his toy is costing him 2 to 3 million a year to float.

Yeah, I dropped them, so what? They dumped My two favourite players in Woods and SJ and cut the two young QB's  being developed. They have no respect for their players or for fans. Why would I want to support a bunch incompetent egos like that?

They've all failed Chapdelaine, Reed, Mack, AC  and the Son. I'm pretty sure the young President would love to clean house and bring in his own people but he's not the one cutting the cheques, so there is no hope for this team. They have no long term plan at QB, their Canadian talent is poor and the defence is really old Hebert, Bowman, Cox are at the sunset of their career and will become ineffective as the season progresses. Then you have Gabe Knapton sitting ! Because the ratio is so skrewed that Thorpe can't play him.

The Fat Lady is warming up her voice in her dressing room and I've seen he peform twice before. I decided not to sit around for a second encore.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Users Online

104 Guests, 14 Users (19 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
jonny24eh, popo, mycko75, Espo, 2ez, Holy Mackinaw, Aqualung1, AlsPal, TeddyFay, blackandgld, Cujo, vjcos, ticatbill, Yahoo!, Google (16), Baidu, Alexa

Most Online Today: 137. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)