tony

Halfway point and sporting a record of 3-6. 
Same as they had last season at the halfway mark.

mike2579

Alouettes organization are probably pissed that Lewis broke the record this early. Whats left to watch this team for? Usually Molson stadium looks pretty full from a television perspective but yesterday was awful, the stands in back of the teams benches were half full! Sad days to come for this team i tel ya
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

HfxTC

If the Wetenhalh have an ounce of decency, they will sell this team in the off season. They've done a great thing for football in Montreal but they are now destroying their legacy.

Bob, swallow your pride and sell before you have to toss the keys on the desk and run away in the middle of the night...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Lyle B. Style

Anthony Calvillo was on the sidelines instead of the booth.  Now, AC looks like just a specatator who is listening to music on his phone.

It was a small miracle the Als stayed in the game with Kristian Matte at LT and Matt Vonk/Chris Greaves at RG.

More shooting themselves in the foot.

While it is true that the offensive line has not protected the Durant well enough these last few games + the Als have ratio issues with affects the receiving corp, I am expecting that Darian Durant will not be the starter in Montreal next year unless something crazy happens like the Als win the Grey Cup.
I was stunned at how poorly the bomber d-line fared against the hobos the Als sported on their o-line. Despite the loss the Als exposed some obvious weaknesses in the bombers vaunted d-line. Guys like Vonk, Matte & Greaves were basically pushing around the bombers d-line. Might be doing the bombers a favour - but if you know the drill in Winnipeg - the coach and management will co-opt the poor performance into saying the guys did "all they were trained to do on film" and "graded out rather well". That's why tons of people are still scared to death in Wpg. despite the 7-2 deal.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

HfxTC

If you look at the Als record of zero wins on the road and what their schedule looks like. I think they win one or two more games at most. likely a 5-13 record and no playoff for a third straight year. Klevis will be fired before the end of the season most likely.

jkm

Well, ho-hum again!

The Als are not a terrible team, they're just not a winning team and they find ways not to win game in and game out.  Making the playoffs is, once again, very iffy.

I agree with the comment above that the Wettenhalls need to sell the team.  Since the retirement of AC, the team has been trying to find itself, building around a good and consistent QB - they're still searching.  Time for new blood.

I hope Chaps et al can devise some schemes and our receivers hang on to the f----- ball in the second half of the season.  Otherwise, they won't be able to give tickets away!

HfxTC

There are two reasons they are now forced to sell wether they admit/realize it or not.

1) Team needs an owner who's willing to invest long term in the infrastructures of this team. I see the posse coming and tell us that Wetenhall put some of his money in Molson Stadium but that deal was fiscal neutral and recouped via subsidized rent. He just moved around and advanced a few bucks.

2) No top notch football man is going to take a chance working for the Wetenhall Pop and son shop. Not even the lowly Maciocia. Tillman would probably rather stay as a fake GM in Hamilton than take over the Als. Barker is the only "maybe" I can think of that might be willing to take a chance out of a lack of options.

Larry Smith will have to pull off another miracle to save this franchise. It is going to take the right owner, five years and beaucoups dollars to fix this franchise.

nguyenMTL

Anthony Calvillo was on the sidelines instead of the booth.  Now, AC looks like just a specatator who is listening to music on his phone.

It was a small miracle the Als stayed in the game with Kristian Matte at LT and Matt Vonk/Chris Greaves at RG.

More shooting themselves in the foot.

While it is true that the offensive line has not protected the Durant well enough these last few games + the Als have ratio issues with affects the receiving corp, I am expecting that Darian Durant will not be the starter in Montreal next year unless something crazy happens like the Als win the Grey Cup.
I was stunned at how poorly the bomber d-line fared against the hobos the Als sported on their o-line. Despite the loss the Als exposed some obvious weaknesses in the bombers vaunted d-line. Guys like Vonk, Matte & Greaves were basically pushing around the bombers d-line. Might be doing the bombers a favour - but if you know the drill in Winnipeg - the coach and management will co-opt the poor performance into saying the guys did "all they were trained to do on film" and "graded out rather well". That's why tons of people are still scared to death in Wpg. despite the 7-2 deal.
I gotta agree with you regarding the O-line.
Vonk & Greaves especially did a better job than I expected at RG, especially Vonk since I remember him being manhandled at LG in Winnipeg

tony

There are two reasons they are now forced to sell wether they admit/realize it or not.

1) Team needs an owner who's willing to invest long term in the infrastructures of this team. I see the posse coming and tell us that Wetenhall put some of his money in Molson Stadium but that deal was fiscal neutral and recouped via subsidized rent. He just moved around and advanced a few bucks.

2) No top notch football man is going to take a chance working for the Wetenhall Pop and son shop. Not even the lowly Maciocia. Tillman would probably rather stay as a fake GM in Hamilton than take over the Als. Barker is the only "maybe" I can think of that might be willing to take a chance out of a lack of options.

Larry Smith will have to pull off another miracle to save this franchise. It is going to take the right owner, five years and beaucoups dollars to fix this franchise.
There was some talk last season of a local consortium sniffing around. Have not heard anymore since that point. Wonder if that might come back around.

idealsheldon

I`m not necessarily against new ownership, but do you really think new owners can magically snap their fingers and turn the team into the Calgary Stampeders?

New ownership might mean Danny Maciocia and who knows, maybe even Jacques Dussault. :)

The key ingredient is to find a top personnel guru who knows how to build a CFL team. I don`t think Kavis Reed is that guy. With Sunderland tied up, the only names out there are Jim Barker and Ed Hervey. Both have their pluses and minuses.

The question is how patient will the Wetenhalls be with Reed and Chapdelaine. 
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

I`m not necessarily against new ownership, but do you really think new owners can magically snap their fingers and turn the team into the Calgary Stampeders?

New ownership might mean Danny Maciocia and who knows, maybe even Jacques Dussault. :)

The key ingredient is to find a top personnel guru who knows how to build a CFL team. I don`t think Kavis Reed is that guy. With Sunderland tied up, the only names out there are Jim Barker and Ed Hervey. Both have their pluses and minuses.

Why do you think i wrote FIVE YEARS?
There is no glueing this thing back together. It has to be rebuilt. Like they did in Edmonton and Winnipeg. With money, hard work, patience and smarts.

That can't be the same crew that told us that Durant is the guy for the next four years.

Lyle B. Style

There is no glueing this thing back together. It has to be rebuilt. Like they did in Edmonton and Winnipeg. With money, hard work, patience and smarts.

That can't be the same crew that told us that Durant is the guy for the next four years.
I agree with you - but keep in mind Edmonton has been mostly successful over the last 40 years. Always (with some spot exceptions) a commitment to excellence. Winnipeg & Sask'n are different as they represent the hardest of the hardest core of CFL fans. Fans that will put up with incredible amounts of B.S., lies, panic & desperation without totally abandoning ship.
In Montreal - a sustained period of brand desecration will signal crowds approaching 15,000 (or less).  .  . Winnipeg routinely drew crowds of 24,000 to 29,000 despite fielding mostly garbage on the field and some of the shadiest criminals in the history of sports in the executive suite (aka Daved Asper, Lyle Bauer, Ken Bishop, etc.) and foisting the public dime with an over-blown, poorly tendered and poorly constructed 34,000 seat outdoor stadium, in the middle of a major university, 10 miles from the downtown.

tony

With six years already passed since they AC era.

HfxTC

Once they miss the post season again. The Wetenhall's will be looking at crowds of 10 to 12 thousand next year and then the bottom will fall out.

okie

You are assuming that they are a package deal & both are in agreement on what is needed to consistently win football games.  I actually get a sense that either one would have no problem throwing the other under a bus if necessary.

Users Online

168 Guests, 14 Users (20 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
danoc_86, Mightygoose, bobo82, rpaege, bohdon, KevinRiley2, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, raymarkca, sully, Niagara Als, Google (20)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)