idealsheldon

It is not that black and white. You try to find the best possible QB wherever you can find the best possible QB.

Reilly came from BC, Masoli from Edmonton, Nichols from Edmonton, Glenn from everywhere. The Als certainly shouldn`t eliminate Franklin because he started in Edmonton.
It is not that black and white. You try to find the best possible QB wherever you can find the best possible QB.

Reilly came from BC, Masoli from Edmonton, Nichols from Edmonton, Glenn from everywhere. The Als certainly shouldn`t eliminate Franklin because he started in Edmonton.
Zach Collaros is going to be what,30 next season?

Little bit older than those guys, no?

Minus Glenn. Screw Glenn.
I kind of have mixed feelings about Collaros. One part of me remembers all the potential he showed. But probably too great a risk as he hasn`t been the same since his knee injury. With our luck though he`ll end up in Toronto winning Grey Cups for them.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

tony

Reed, under Herr Wettenhall's orders will try like the dickens to pawn off Dormant Durant - but I suspect they'll have to cut him outright and swallow their losses.

Only so-called big wheel on the trade block is Zach Collaros!
If Collaros isn't good enough for Hamilton, he's not good enough for Montreal.

Full stop. The als aren't going to get anywhere bringing in the rejects from other teams. They are rejects for a reason. They are rejects because that team has a better option. No reason for the Las to settle for the lesser option.

Go scout. Go find a quarterback. Develop him. If you do a good job he might be among the best.

The good teams in this league find, develop and use their own quarterbacks.

The als should try to be a good team as opposed to trying to find a quick solution that is really no solution at all.
I can recall another Hamilton reject that ended up doing alright here....  mind you he had a quality starter who mentored him along with a decent coaching staff and GM.

AlsPal

Anthony calvillo was 26 when he was picked up by the als.

Collaros is a 30 year old injury prone inconsistent soon to be bust.

Don't compare the two 

tony

Anthony calvillo was 26 when he was picked up by the als.

Collaros is a 30 year old injury prone inconsistent soon to be bust.

Don't compare the two
AlsPal. Was not comparing the two!

Merely saying that AC was a "reject" as you put it for Collaros.
Nowhere did I say Collaros would turn out to be another AC !

Niagara Als

This team had two youngsters last season who demonstrated potential for development. Adams and Bridge were stupidly dumped, and given to the RR's. Adams was a small QB who was neglected by the NFL mainly because of his stature will likely find opportunity in Regina and, Bridge, as indicated by the TSN commentators, has reached the status of a starter. Think about Bridge, a 4th round draft choice as he took the handoff at the team's opening game in 2015 and, examine his play at present- a missed opportunity

HfxTC

This team had two youngsters last season who demonstrated potential for development. Adams and Bridge were stupidly dumped, and given to the RR's. Adams was a small QB who was neglected by the NFL mainly because of his stature will likely find opportunity in Regina and, Bridge, as indicated by the TSN commentators, has reached the status of a starter. Think about Bridge, a 4th round draft choice as he took the handoff at the team's opening game in 2015 and, examine his play at present- a missed opportunity
A lot of this has to do with the arrogance of the owner. He bought the team for a song and everything fell into his lap. 15 Years straight of winning football mainly because of five individuals:

Anthony Calvillo
Jim Popp
Ben Cahoon
Marc Trestman
Don Matthews

Now this team is a joke and the punch line are Kavis Reed and Andrew "Lonnie" Wetenhall. Kavis sits there on TSN and tries to sell that patience is required as he builds foundations.... Foundations by trading Vernon Adams and signing Durant and Drew Willy and countless other over the hill vets. Bringing in his old buddies like Ken Miller. Fans are not buying it and walking away by the thousands. LeStaf is a regular commenter in the Grand Club and I'm sure can vouch for the mood and direction of the fan base better than I. But I assure you there was not 19 000 paying fans in that stadium. In fact, there wasn't 19 000 fans there period.

Some will attack the fans. Using the old Schtick "Real fans, Bandwagon, blah blah blah.... Pro sports consumers have every right to decide if an organization is deserving of the money. If there is value proposition or if they are being played and disrespected or even if the people owning and running it have their interest as part of their core beliefs.

To save this team will require a Wholesome owner willing to invest tens of millions of dollars in staff, infrastructures, advertising at the very less and accept five years of losses. The more damaged the organization gets the less likely to find that owner is.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

ArgoT

As an outsider on your forum here, I would bet how the Als, Hamilton and likely my Argos will all make a heavy pitch for the highly sought after FA at year end James Franklin.

Users Online

111 Guests, 12 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
FootbalYouBet, bobo82, EastVanMark, tony, KevinRiley2, bowl450, The Last Word, Taleback, habcat, Iconic SR, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)