idealsheldon

gary lawless ?@garylawless  1h1 hour ago
recently released from #bombers QB Tajh Boyd is on his way to join the Montreal Alouettes today according to #cfl source

Former 6th round Jets choice, his rights were traded from Hamilton to Wpg., but Wpg. released him last week claiming "off-field issues."

Has history of being inaccurate, a quality we can really use!

Don`t know whether to laugh or cry. Please advise.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

okie

Does not even matter.  Just another PR guy.  It's not like Boyd is starting next week.

HfxTC

Als should look at every Quarterback they can at this point. It is highly unlikely that the Als bring back Crompton and Marsh next spring.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

LeStaf

Il ne coûtera pas cher de savoir pourquoi aucune de ces équipes ne l'a gardé.  N'attendons pas grand chose de ce passage de Boyd.  Popp le fait sans doute pour se ménager des relations avec son agent.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

TimothyHay

Boyd got bad press as being "wildly inaccurate" at the Senor Bowl but the players there do not practice together much, so I wouldn't pay attention to such an opinion. At Clemson, he had excellent passing and running skills with completions in the 60+ percent. But he is short and weighs in at about 245 lbs. So Boyd and Boone could wrestle for the right to to play backup every week.  :wink:

LeStaf

Quote from: "TimothyHay"
Boyd got bad press as being "wildly inaccurate" at the Senor Bowl but the players there do not practice together much, so I wouldn't pay attention to such an opinion. At Clemson, he had excellent passing and running skills with completions in the 60+ percent. But he is short and weighs in at about 245 lbs. So Boyd and Boone could wrestle for the right to to play backup every week.  :wink:

Merci de ces informations.  Pour ma part, si Boyd n'a pas été assez bon pour satisfaire les Bou! Bombers, je ne vois pas comment il pourrait se faire une place chez les Alouettes, sinon en prenant très temporairement la place de Boone.

HfxTC

Quote from: "LeStaf"
Quote from: "TimothyHay"

Merci de ces informations.  Pour ma part, si Boyd n'a pas été assez bon pour satisfaire les Bou! Bombers, je ne vois pas comment il pourrait se faire une place chez les Alouettes, sinon en prenant très temporairement la place de Boone.

Maybe he did not like it there. They complained about off field issues. That could mean anything. From not showing up to practice to smoking weed to anything really. He is an accomplished NCAA QB just like Cato and with the likes of Marsh, Crompton and Boone on the roster it cant hurt to give him a tryout.

idealsheldon

To me off-field issues might have been not wanting to remain on the practice squad, wanting to dress.

With the QB merry go round we`ve been through it gets easy to be cynical. Law of averages, eventually we have to hit on a winner!

okie

Anybody know how Boyd did today at his tryout?  Was he signed?

okie

Popp said they will workout Boyd some more tomorrow.  If the Als like what they see, Boyd will be invited to minicamp next year.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2sn6cpzw96yz ... BP2717.jpg

idealsheldon

In today`s media scrum Popp said he was quite impressed with Boyd and his background, and there was a possibility of adding him to the practice roster.

disciplineandpunish

Yet another reject from another team being touted as the next big thing.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Does Popp even remember how to get off his a$$ and recruit anymore?
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

MadJack

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"
Yet another reject from another team being touted as the next big thing.

and a reject from two teams at that. . .

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "MadJack"
Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"
Yet another reject from another team being touted as the next big thing.

and a reject from two teams at that. . .

Yep. Enjoy the ride to franchise bankruptcy within a few years. Wheee!!!

Niagara Als

Re: Another Day, Another QB

Postby HfxTC » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:41 pm
Als should look at every Quarterback they can at this point. It is highly unlikely that the Als bring back Crompton and Marsh next spring.

I believe the above suggestion is appropriate. Some CFL teams have been creative in advertising for QB camps where all former NCAA QBs, many of whom believe they have the qualifications, would jump at such an opportunities. Indeed, I believe the BC Lions obtained LuLay by such an endeavor.

Users Online

111 Guests, 13 Users (18 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
The Last Word, Lyle B. Style, FootbalYouBet, bobo82, EastVanMark, tony, KevinRiley2, bowl450, Taleback, habcat, Iconic SR, Google (18)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)