hercules130

You gotta fire everyone from top to bottom and start over. I said 3 weeks ago fine give Kavis a chance, but no this is it. Same can also be said for the Impact. Sure fire Biello but De Santis and Braz gotta go also. Only wait to start over fresh!
Let us complete the rant. What about the Canadiens? Do Bergevin and Julien stay? What about Weber?
"Go Alouettes!" - Dan Marino, October 2011

mike2579

You gotta fire everyone from top to bottom and start over. I said 3 weeks ago fine give Kavis a chance, but no this is it. Same can also be said for the Impact. Sure fire Biello but De Santis and Braz gotta go also. Only wait to start over fresh!
Let us complete the rant. What about the Canadiens? Do Bergevin and Julien stay? What about Weber?
Oh christ i actually forgot about those guys for a second!!! Thing is they will always have there fan base and some dumbass paying 30k for season tickets. Hard to compare a big market like the Habs to a small market like the Alouettes. I think Alouettes and Impact are easier to compare. 
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

okie

Cannot realistically expect the Als to be competitive with 3 starters who just joined the team in the last 2 weeks.  Graham made mistakes that cost the team points.  Likewise, it does not help when your MLB (Northrup) has no idea what was going on.

The goal for the rest of the season is to evaluate for next year.  Yet based on Friday's game, is there anybody in the organization worth keeping?  I guess we will have a better idea after they finish off the season with 4 pre-preseason games.

tony

On the bright side, kept the Stamps to 59 points.

HfxTC

Cannot realistically expect the Als to be competitive with 3 starters who just joined the team in the last 2 weeks.  Graham made mistakes that cost the team points.  Likewise, it does not help when your MLB (Northrup) has no idea what was going on.

The goal for the rest of the season is to evaluate for next year.  Yet based on Friday's game, is there anybody in the organization worth keeping?  I guess we will have a better idea after they finish off the season with 4 pre-preseason games.
Sutton, Mincy, Cunningham and maybe Olafoyle are the only ones  I can think of on the import side of the roster. On the National side I can't think of One that is starter material.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

skipwalker

Sad but true! The Stamps looked like they would score 70+ last night. Kavis is probably stoked that the Als held them under 60!! its a moral victory for him!!

John_

Cannot realistically expect the Als to be competitive with 3 starters who just joined the team in the last 2 weeks.  Graham made mistakes that cost the team points.  Likewise, it does not help when your MLB (Northrup) has no idea what was going on.

The goal for the rest of the season is to evaluate for next year.  Yet based on Friday's game, is there anybody in the organization worth keeping?  I guess we will have a better idea after they finish off the season with 4 pre-preseason games.
Sutton, Mincy, Cunningham and maybe Olafoyle are the only ones  I can think of on the import side of the roster. On the National side I can't think of One that is starter material.
Healthy Beaulieu, Gagnon, Wright ? I also like Johnson and Blanc.

I would start Johnson over low intensity Giguere. 

HfxTC

Some of those guys have some potential to become starters. But Would they start TODAY on any roster? I am not sure, that's how bad a shape this team is in. A handful of decent prospects and a handful of quality starters. The rest are either journeymen or over the hill players hanging on for a paycheck.

Then on the football ops and coaching side, it's even worse.

tony

Sad but true! The Stamps looked like the would score 70+ last night. Kavis is probably stoked that the Als held them under 60!! its a moral victory for him!!
Maybe that was why Reed was smiling at game's end.
;)

Wonder what the owner is thinking this morning?
Next home game long weekend against the Esks.

tony

Healthy Beaulieu, Gagnon, Wright ? I also like Johnson and Blanc.

I would start Johnson over low intensity Giguere.
I would start Touché over Giguere. 

GHT120

Here is a picture of Drew Willy leaving the field after his injury.

Don't get the joke.  What does Roy Kurtz lining up a kick have to do with Willy?
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

GHT120

I wasn't feeling well last night so I taped the RDS broadcast and watched it this morning ... amazingly there almost always seems to be 30 seconds between a play ending and the next snap ... great for Bell Fibe's "quick jump" feature

The Habs game ran late so I joined the game with about 8 minutes left in the first and the Als leading 1-0; in other words the HIGHPOINT.  Some thoughts:
  • despite the lack of points, Willy looked better than Durant has (admittedly low bar to clear); he can actually complete a 3 yard pass, and threw some decent longer balls
  • receivers are TERRIBLE, cost both Willy and Schiltz several completions
  • Graham made two ridiculous drops and I think it was him that "blocked" the snap when he mistimed his motion, but also made a couple of nice grabs so I will not support him but do want to see another game or two when he has had time to practice a bit more with the QBs and the current offensive scheme.
  • WHY are they paying a veteran salary to LOGAN .... KRs should be young inexpensive speedsters unless they are absolutely elite vets ... Logan is not
  • Was Thorpe that important to the defence?  Don't buy into the defence only being exploited because of an offence that couldn't stay on the field, but they have been putrid since he left.
  • Too often AC seems to be alone on the sideline when the camera pans ... most OCs have the QBs around/near them ..... but AC was always a loner as a QB, preferring to sit by himself, that may be a personality trait that doesn't translate well to coaching.
  • Did we ever find out what Mincy did to get the unsportsmanlike penalty?  He was the one that got shoved.

tony

I wasn't feeling well last night so I taped the RDS broadcast and watched it this morning ... amazingly there almost always seems to be 30 seconds between a play ending and the next snap ... great for Bell Fibe's "quick jump" feature

The Habs game ran late so I joined the game with about 8 minutes left in the first and the Als leading 1-0; in other words the HIGHPOINT.  Some thoughts:
  • despite the lack of points, Willy looked better than Durant has (admittedly low bar to clear); he can actually complete a 3 yard pass, and threw some decent longer balls
  • receivers are TERRIBLE, cost both Willy and Schiltz several completions
  • Graham made two ridiculous drops and I think it was him that "blocked" the snap when he mistimed his motion, but also made a couple of nice grabs so I will not support him but do want to see another game or two when he has had time to practice a bit more with the QBs and the current offensive scheme.
  • WHY are they paying a veteran salary to LOGAN .... KRs should be young inexpensive speedsters unless they are absolutely elite vets ... Logan is not
  • Was Thorpe that important to the defence?  Don't buy into the defence only being exploited because of an offence that couldn't stay on the field, but they have been putrid since he left.
  • Too often AC seems to be alone on the sideline when the camera pans ... most OCs have the QBs around/near them ..... but AC was always a loner as a QB, preferring to sit by himself, that may be a personality trait that doesn't translate well to coaching.
  • Did we ever find out what Mincy did to get the unsportsmanlike penalty?  He was the one that got shoved.
Maybe AC does not have carte blanche as OC. Who knows for sure. Or maybe he's fed up. He's OC, then no longer. QB coach, then no longer. Hey AC, your back as OC on the sidelines.

And some players who excel on the field of play do not make good coaches. Wayne Gretzky is an example that comes to mind. 

In any event, will be interesting to see what happens with him this off season. 

Johnny Ticat slayer

Some of those guys have some potential to become starters. But Would they start TODAY on any roster? I am not sure, that's how bad a shape this team is in. A handful of decent prospects and a handful of quality starters. The rest are either journeymen or over the hill players hanging on for a paycheck.

Then on the football ops and coaching side, it's even worse.
The Als look like an expansion team!
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

Here is a picture of Drew Willy leaving the field after his injury.

Don't get the joke.  What does Roy Kurtz lining up a kick have to do with Willy?
Many people consider the Concordes years as the most horrible and discouraging, in Montreal's pro football and Alouettes' history. Johnny was making the point that this present team might as well be the Concordes, because they are so horrible!

Kurtz also has the same number as Willy, so there is another similarity. So Drew Willy in a Concordes uniform. So Johnny was equating this present day team with the Concordes.

It seems Johnny's joke bombed!

Users Online

94 Guests, 13 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, sully, Abendschan, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, KevinRiley2, Iconic SR, bohdon, Chewbaca1973, dcmoses, ExPat, Mark, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)