HfxTC

MTL players and pop on the bench. Can anyone explain ?
Probably need a sugar rush boost, just like Ovechkin and Chara drinking Coke on the bench
They weren't casually drinking it. They were trying to make a point. Begging it even
What do you think the point was?
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Johnny Ticat slayer

MTL players and pop on the bench. Can anyone explain ?
Probably need a sugar rush boost, just like Ovechkin and Chara drinking Coke on the bench
They weren't casually drinking it. They were trying to make a point. Begging it even
What do you think the point was?
It looked like some sort of celebration to toast the interception. It was a little weird...
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

okie

If not for Duron Carter, the Als should not have won with that porous OL even with the Riders playing backup CFL quarterbacks.  They are so bad that I am surprised Willy made it to Game #3.  Replacing Xavier Fulton did not seem to help much but when Philip Blake was injured, Fulton had to come back and play LT.  Als are going to have to figure out the OL if they are ever going to move the ball on a consistent basis.

Drops by the receivers are not helping and neither is Geno Lewis whiffing on blocks on attempted screens.

Niagara Als

Kavis should trade Sutton and Jackson. I want to see them play football.
Jackson has never filled the position of receiver as was expected. Sutton has and I would keep him around.

Niagara Als

Kavis should trade Sutton and Jackson. I want to see them play football.
Jackson has not done the expected. Sutton has done this.

idealsheldon

Finally nice to see a win after so long. Particularly against Chris Jones who comes across as thinking he`s smarter than everyone else, and Duron Carter who has gone from being amusing to obnoxious.

Positives - Williams, Muamba, Bowman, Ackie, Dozier, Bede, Love. And even Matthews who was workmanlike as the sub QB and holder for Bede.

Negatives - Ellis, as well as all the Special Team penalties.

However while I allowed myself to feel good for most of Sunday (except during Bergevin`s press conference :) ), the reality of the situation is that the team better get the o-line situation figured out or it`s going to be another long season offensively. No running lanes for Sutton, constant pressure on the QBs.

Although I would like to see Khari Jones move the pocket on occasion rather than have his QBs be sitting ducks.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

tony

Finally nice to see a win after so long. Particularly against Chris Jones who comes across as thinking he`s smarter than everyone else, and Duron Carter who has gone from being amusing to obnoxious.

Positives - Williams, Muamba, Bowman, Ackie, Dozier, Bede, Love. And even Matthews who was workmanlike as the sub QB and holder for Bede.

However while I allowed myself to feel good for most of Sunday (except during Bergevin`s press conference :) ), the reality of the situation is that the team better get the o-line situation figured out or it`s going to be another long season offensively. No running lanes for Sutton, constant pressure on the QBs.

Although I would like to see Khari Jones move the pocket on occasion rather than have his QBs be sitting ducks.
Don’t let the ineptness of Molson/Bergevin ruin the day for you.
Habs have dropped to the basement and it will be a long time before they get to the level of their rivals down the 401.

Enjoy the day, the upcoming week until the Als take on the RB.

idealsheldon

Don’t let the ineptness of Molson/Bergevin ruin the day for you.
Habs have dropped to the basement and it will be a long time before they get to the level of their rivals down the 401.

Enjoy the day, the upcoming week until the Als take on the RB.

Leafs sign Tavares, Habs sign Plekanec. Talk about a role reversal since Bergevin took over. :-[

Niagara Als

However while I allowed myself to feel good for most of Sunday (except during Bergevin`s press conference :) ), the reality of the situation is that the team better get the o-line situation figured out or it`s going to be another long season offensively. No running lanes for Sutton, constant pressure on the QBs.

This would be a positive move as the QBs require more movement from original stance,

JTea

I think Vernon Adams was brought in to be the starting QB eventually. I prefer Matthews over Willy... anybody over Willy really, but with the existing shortage of veteran Olinemen, Adams' mobility is a welcome sight for me.  Shiltz' injury may be robbing him of his opportunity to establish himself as the starter. If Adams is able to pick up the offense in a week or two, I would love to see him behind center.

HfxTC

I think Vernon Adams was brought in to be the starting QB eventually. I prefer Matthews over Willy... anybody over Willy really, but with the existing shortage of veteran Olinemen, Adams' mobility is a welcome sight for me.  Shiltz' injury may be robbing him of his opportunity to establish himself as the starter. If Adams is able to pick up the offense in a week or two, I would love to see him behind center.
Mat Shiltz had a golden opportunity in camp to beat out Drew Willy and he couldn't. The Kavis see's something in him. I'm not sure Sherman saw what Kavis sees.

Adams does not have many supporters among Als fans. At some point, this team will have to build up a QB... It is unlikely they will be able to acquire an established one through free agency. I have strong doubts about their ability to groom a prospect into a CFL QB. Khari Jones likes to take credit for Jennings but I have a suspicion the HC in his rookie season was the go-to guy.

okie

I would say it is not a good sign when they say the goal is to develop a QB, yet the Als are forced to pickup QB discards who end up higher on the depth chart than the new guys they bring in.

Anyway, for those wanting to Jeff Mathews to start against the Redblacks.  His last start was with Toronto against the Als with Noel Thorpe as the DC.  Marc Trestman pulled Mathews at halftime, and he never attempted another pass again in an Argo uniform.

That means the last two times the Als beat a team, the opponent started their 2nd string QB and then relieved him at halftime with the 3rd stringer.

When Glen Suitor said an American QB would not have been pulled at halftime the way Brandon Bridge was, he evidently forgot about Mathews who just happened to be playing in the same game as he made the statement.  The career numbers at the time the 2 were benched are not that far apart either.

Jeff Mathews
GP : 11
COMP: 144
ATT: 218
COMP PCT: 66.0
YRDS: 1726
TD: 7
INT: 10
RATING: 81.71

Brandon Bridge
GP: 19
COMP: 150
ATT: 231
COMP PCT: 64.9
YRDS: 1937
TD: 12
INT: 8
RATING: 94.02

Lyle B. Style

Also think once Matt Nichols returns to 100% health the Als may make a late play for Sir Bryan Bennett, a solid arm with a couple years around the CFL.

Might only require a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick to acquire Bennett. Nichols should be near 100% around Game 7 to 9 - and if the bombers have gone into the dump by then they'll be looking to upgrade their roster vs. pushing for a championship with a tender-footed Nichols and rookie Streveler.

Of course, many are saying the bombers major problem is not roster-related but a mentally feeble coaching staff, spotty scouting and a GM who says all the right things - but who may never be able to build a championship squad.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

GHT120

Mat Shiltz had a golden opportunity in camp to beat out Drew Willy and he couldn't...
No surprise that a rookie coach would start a veteran QB, especially given the woeful OL he would play behind.

But given that Schiltz has been on the Injured List since the season started we will never know what Sherman would have done once Willy was Willy.

EDIT: Since Schiltz is "Reed's guy" (i.e., signed by him last year) I expect he will be ahead of Adams and Hill when he is healthy.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Users Online

58 Guests, 4 Users (12 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rshmglsky, PatLynch, Garney 26, Google (AdSense), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)