tony

Rick Moffat just posted that souces say Josh Freeman is close to signing with the Als.  Moffat notes that Freeman has the same agent as Johnny Manziel.

Meanwhile, Dave Naylor posts that nothing has been done so far in regards to restructuring Darian Durant's contract.  Moffat replied that stranger things have happened meaning a return is still possible.
Moe Khan (690) - on right now discussing the "possibility" of Freeman joining the Als.

RichardVeilleux

"it takes two to Tango". In order to restructure Darian's contract, Durant has to agree; the team cannot say here is your new restructured contract without the player's approval. If Durant does not want to restructure his contract, he will be released. Only other option.

Richard

HfxTC

"it takes two to Tango". In order to restructure Darian's contract, Durant has to agree; the team cannot say here is your new restructured contract without the player's approval. If Durant does not want to restructure his contract, he will be released. Only other option.

Richard
True, he might want to move on and get a fresh start...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

mike2579

I don’t get it, last year he tried out and we didn’t sign him now we’re in talks to sign him? Anyway this sounds like Cleo Lemon anyway....next
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

RichardVeilleux

I agree Josh Freeman may not/probably will not be the short or  long term answer to the Als QB situation, but I would like to know, from the ones that keep "shooting" /throw mud at what Kavis tries to do to improve the team, what is your answer/recommendation for the QB position. 

If Durant is released, it is normal to sign a Josh Freeman and see what he can do. 

The national talent and the QB's was in a mess when Jim Popp did leave and we can't blame Kavis Reed for all the problems. When I read some comments about Reed it reminds me of the proverb: " Quand on veut noyer son chien, on dit qu'il a la rage". 

Richard

mike2579

A has been quarterback that hasn’t played in years is not the solution. It has been tried and failed on many occasions. Am I supposed to pat Kavis on the back for this? Hells no! Show me a few 20-21 young fresh kids being signed and I will maybe tap my pinky on your back. 

idealsheldon

As Rick Moffat pointed out, Josh Freeman has the same agent as Johnny Highball. 

Not sure if that means anything in the big scheme of things of the Tiger Cat negotiations with Manziel. I would assume their offer to Manziel is higher than what Freeman signed for.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

Much better and mature decision than giving up draft picks he can't afford to give away. Sometimes the best deal you make is the one you don't make. Maybe "The Great Kazoo" is finally learning from his mistakes.

HfxTC

I agree Josh Freeman may not/probably will not be the short or  long term answer to the Als QB situation, but I would like to know, from the ones that keep "shooting" /throw mud at what Kavis tries to do to improve the team, what is your answer/recommendation for the QB position.

If Durant is released, it is normal to sign a Josh Freeman and see what he can do.

The national talent and the QB's was in a mess when Jim Popp did leave and we can't blame Kavis Reed for all the problems. When I read some comments about Reed it reminds me of the proverb: " Quand on veut noyer son chien, on dit qu'il a la rage".

Richard
Freeman is a good QB, while he's not fast, he's big and strong. He's about the same size as Jerome Messam. Assuming he's willing to take a hit, he's going to be a handful to bring down, always was. They should send him plenty of film of Mike Reilly to watch.

It depends how much they are paying Freeman up front. Now they don't need to sign Durant, which fans don't want to see anymore anyway. They can still bring in as many young QB's as they want to compete for a spot and now he can draft himself a Blue Chipper Canadian tackle in the draft, which this team needs.

idealsheldon

The other day when Kavis was interviewed by Dave Naylor (I posted the link), he said it was time to develop a young QB, and live with the growing pains.

Ten minutes later he signs Josh Freeman. Freeman didn`t sign to be a backup, that`s why he didn`t sign last year. So tell me Richard how can you have confidence in Kavis and trust what he says?

By the way, I`m not necessarily against signing Freeman, I`m curious to see how he will do. I guess at this stage I will take any warm body at QB. 

mike2579

If they bring in some youngsters I’ll be happy. But i have a feeling Kavis is at home patting himself on the back for this move and sitting tight

G Man

This is just another former-NFLer signing that will end up a camp or early season release.. the guy had lousy accuracy and unable to read defenses at his prime, imagine after 3 years not playing and 30. There have to better options out there, for goodness sake.
Only positive is if it signals the release of Durant, oh man it better.

Johnny Ticat slayer

There is no risk in signing Freeman. If he sucks in training camp, he will be cut and nothing will have been lost. 

It would still be nice if Reed found some young QBs for training camp. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

There is no risk in signing Freeman. If he sucks in training camp, he will be cut and nothing will have been lost.

It would still be nice if Reed found some young QBs for training camp.
True, beats letting Tillman rob him blind for Manziel's rights.

RichardVeilleux

Sheldon, you should listen to the  interview again; yes, Kavis Reed did say-as he did at the end of the 2017 season- that they want to develop a young QB/ the future franchise QB of the Als, but he did not say that this young/future QB will start next year; he added that there will be growing pains /this QB could be the back-up for 1 or more years and gave examples of present top CFL QB's and they were not starters the first year/ it did not come overnight,except Ricky Ray.

I agree 100% that a young/a future top QB is needed, but I am positive that it may take a few years, unless they can find "la perle rare"; in the meantime, I know that a veteran QB is needed; who will it be? I don't know. I am not jumping to the ceilings with  the Josh Freeman's signing; neither would I if Johnny Manziel was not signed by Hamilton and traded to the Als.

I doubt that Josh Freeman or another veteran QB could be worse than Durant was last season.

Rich

Users Online

74 Guests, 3 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Hamilton2005, Espo, blackandgld, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)