idealsheldon

Herb Zurkowsky
@HerbZurkowsky1

It really does seem like the #Als have backed @darian_dd4 into a take-it-or-leave-it option. No bonus this Monday, it appears. A restructured contract or his outright release.
1:19 PM - 10 Jan 2018
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

Herb Zurkowsky
@HerbZurkowsky1

It really does seem like the #Als have backed @darian_dd4 into a take-it-or-leave-it option. No bonus this Monday, it appears. A restructured contract or his outright release.
That's what they are saying for public consumption :)
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

GHT120

Herb Zurkowsky
@HerbZurkowsky1

It worries me that Herb is reporting it, but hopefully even he can be right occasionally.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

RichardVeilleux

Best scenario. Take a substantial -50% to 60%-reduction and no bonus or bye bye.

Richard

idealsheldon

There was enough evidence last year unfortunately that Durant is no longer a CFL calibre QB.

If he is only earning $100,000 will that make him a better QB? No, only a cheaper poor QB. Time to move on.

tony

There was enough evidence last year unfortunately that Durant is no longer a CFL calibre QB.

If he is only earning $100,000 will that make him a better QB? No, only a cheaper poor QB. Time to move on.
He can back up Glenn.  ;)

HfxTC

He has to go, otherwise, his buddy Kavis will find a way to pressure the coach to play him. Or he will play him himself after he fires the HC.

Grover

He can back up Glenn.  ;)
Rod Pedersen‏ 
@rodpedersen

Eskimos GM Brock Sunderland telling me at #CFL meetings in Banff that they have spoken with @qterback5 about their #2 QB job

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

okie

Dave Naylor suspects Jeremiah Masoli's contract maxes out at somewhere between $300-350,000.  Ti-Cats are offering backup money to Johnny Manziel which must be below that number.

https://soundcloud.com/afternoonridewithhuster/dave-naylor-jan-10-2018

Sounds like Hamilton's plan is to keep Masoli's salary manageable in the event Manziel takes over the starting position at some point during the 2018 season.  Stumbling block is Manziel does not wish to be a backup in name or money earned.  We shall see if negotiations break down to the point where Manziel become trade bait.

Johnny Ticat slayer

He can back up Glenn.  ;)
Rod Pedersen
@rodpedersen

Eskimos GM Brock Sunderland telling me at #CFL meetings in Banff that they have spoken with @qterback5 about their #2 QB job
Let's hope the Eskimos sign Glenn. We don't want Kavis to be tempted to bring him back... 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

Exactly! Just cut Durant and find a young guy to develop. 

GHT120

Dave Naylor suspects Jeremiah Masoli's contract maxes out at somewhere between $300-350,000.  Ti-Cats are offering backup money to Johnny Manziel which must be below that number.

Sounds like Hamilton's plan is to keep Masoli's salary manageable in the event Manziel takes over the starting position at some point during the 2018 season.  Stumbling block is Manziel does not wish to be a backup in name or money earned.  We shall see if negotiations break down to the point where Manziel become trade bait.
I think Hamilton's plan is to low-ball Manziel and retain his rights indefinitely until he signs.

CFL should allow players that force a team to make an offer off the negotiation list two weeks to shop with other teams for a deal that is at least 20% more than the offer; force the team holding the rights to make a respectable offer.  

From the CBA I found online the only reference to the neg-list is that team cannot add tot he neg-list "a Player who has been or is a veteran in accordance with the terms of" the CBA"; clause 14.04.  If the neg-list itself is not part of the CBA it would be interesting to see how the courts would deal with the "restraint of trade" aspect of it ... any contract/labour law lawyers out there?  Wonder if a lawsuit is part of Manziel's strategy?

HfxTC

Dave Naylor suspects Jeremiah Masoli's contract maxes out at somewhere between $300-350,000.  Ti-Cats are offering backup money to Johnny Manziel which must be below that number.

Sounds like Hamilton's plan is to keep Masoli's salary manageable in the event Manziel takes over the starting position at some point during the 2018 season.  Stumbling block is Manziel does not wish to be a backup in name or money earned.  We shall see if negotiations break down to the point where Manziel become trade bait.
I think Hamilton's plan is to low-ball Manziel and retain his rights indefinitely until he signs.

CFL should allow players that force a team to make an offer off the negotiation list two weeks to shop with other teams for a deal that is at least 20% more than the offer; force the team holding the rights to make a respectable offer.  

From the CBA I found online the only reference to the neg-list is that team cannot add tot he neg-list "a Player who has been or is a veteran in accordance with the terms of" the CBA"; clause 14.04.  If the neg-list itself is not part of the CBA it would be interesting to see how the courts would deal with the "restraint of trade" aspect of it ... any contract/labour law lawyers out there?  Wonder if a lawsuit is part of Manziel's strategy?
I understand the negotiation list is a practical solution to a complex issue but I doubt it would stand up in court. Interesting Hamilton is always in the middle of these situations. Sued by Chris Williams and lost, Sueing the City of Hamilton... The Art Briles situation. Would not surprise me one bit if this ends up in court or the Commish stepping in Bob Young's business agggain.

Saddest part of it all. It is for an undesireable who's trying to use the league for a a "hit and run".

okie

Kyries Hebert would be in favor of the Als acquiring Johnny Manziel because the guy is so talented.  He notes that there are other players in the CFL who party just as hard as Manziel, and those guys are All-Stars.  In fact, the Hebert and Manziel once partied together along with others during one Super Bowl in New Orleans.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/harper-saints-have-the-advantage-at-quarterback-1.965819

okie

Rick Moffat just posted that souces say Josh Freeman is close to signing with the Als.  Moffat notes that Freeman has the same agent as Johnny Manziel.

Meanwhile, Dave Naylor posts that nothing has been done so far in regards to restructuring Darian Durant's contract.  Moffat replied that stranger things have happened meaning a return is still possible.

Users Online

83 Guests, 11 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
saskfan23, Argofan13, Lennywasout, Sidney, Mightygoose, CFL in QC, Reggiemac, rshmglsky, sth1988, RedandWhite, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 137. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)