okie

Didier Orméjuste posted that the Als paying Darian Durant his bonus due next week would almost certainly ensure that he is on the roster for 2018.

Furthermore, he said do not be surprised if Kevin Glenn returns to Montreal.

The way things are going, the Als will either overpay for Johnny Manziel or have no choice but to start a CFL leftover at QB.

Niagara Als

I watched Fajardo play for a few minutes last season but, I cannot remember him completing a pass.

mike2579

We only won that game because Fajardo started at qb, we had a big enough lead to win that game. Jeff Matthews almost came back to win that game. Worst game i have ever attended in the past 10 years. 
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

idealsheldon

Sorry Mike, you have the QBs reversed.Mathews started and Fajardo came in the 2nd half. The Argos made it a close game because of their running game. Hebert almost took Fajardo`s head off with one of his infamous hits.

And I suffered through it also.

I`m not always right, I just think I am.

mike2579

Oops, must of been one of those nights i don’t remember tried to drink my pain away

Grover

Didier Orméjuste‏ 
@DidierRDS
 3h3 hours ago
I'm told Darian Durant is scheduled to receive a bonus of at least $100k on Monday. If the #AlsMTL do not release him by then, Durant will almost be guaranteed to be on the roster for next season because of his $400k salary.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

okie

Dave Naylor thinks Johnny Manziel is not necessarily asking for Zach Collaros money.  Taylor believes that Manziel's agent is using the reasoning that James Franklin (who hardly played last year) would be earning more money than the Ti-Cat's offered Manziel.  Naylor suspects Manziel can be signed for $250,000 base + incentives.  Problem is to achieve the bonus, Manziel would have to be the starter from the beginning of the season.  So with Jeremiah Masoli already expected starter to be in Hamilton and the backlash from Ti-Cat fans toward Manziel's agent, Naylor believes there is a better chance Johnny Football ends up in Montreal.

Naylor says the proper way to handle Manziel would be to bring him along slowly.  However, he thinks Manziel wants to play immediately.  Other issues if he were to be traded to the Als is that they have a rookie HC.  Plus, the Montreal famed nightlife is something that got Manziel in trouble in the first place.

http://ckstam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-5929?smc=10 

HfxTC

Dave Naylor thinks Johnny Manziel is not necessarily asking for Zach Collaros money.  Taylor believes that Manziel's agent is using the reasoning that James Franklin (who hardly played last year) would be earning more money than the Ti-Cat's offered Manziel.  Naylor suspects Manziel can be signed for $250,000 base + incentives.  Problem is to achieve the bonus, Manziel would have to be the starter from the beginning of the season.  So with Jeremiah Masoli already expected starter to be in Hamilton and the backlash from Ti-Cat fans toward Manziel's agent, Naylor believes there is a better chance Johnny Football ends up in Montreal.

Naylor says the proper way to handle Manziel would be to bring him along slowly.  However, he thinks Manziel wants to play immediately.  Other issues if he were to be traded to the Als is that they have a rookie HC.  Plus, the Montreal famed nightlife is something that got Manziel in trouble in the first place.

Franklin has been in the league 3 years. He's earned his free agency. Something Manziel is not and they don't seem to accept that.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

tony

Dave Naylor thinks Johnny Manziel is not necessarily asking for Zach Collaros money.  Taylor believes that Manziel's agent is using the reasoning that James Franklin (who hardly played last year) would be earning more money than the Ti-Cat's offered Manziel.  Naylor suspects Manziel can be signed for $250,000 base + incentives.  Problem is to achieve the bonus, Manziel would have to be the starter from the beginning of the season.  So with Jeremiah Masoli already expected starter to be in Hamilton and the backlash from Ti-Cat fans toward Manziel's agent, Naylor believes there is a better chance Johnny Football ends up in Montreal.

Naylor says the proper way to handle Manziel would be to bring him along slowly.  However, he thinks Manziel wants to play immediately.  Other issues if he were to be traded to the Als is that they have a rookie HC.  Plus, the Montreal famed nightlife is something that got Manziel in trouble in the first place.

Franklin has been in the league 3 years. He's earned his free agency. Something Manziel is not and they don't seem to accept that.
And with that, say Reed does manage to get his rights and turns around and signs Manziel to big money without him stepping onto the field. Add that Manziel does not wish to sit on the bench and learn the CFL game, then causes a riff.
Is it worth the risk?

I say not for big money. To me, given his past, he needs to prove himself first. Be a team player, learn the CFL game, do what it takes to help the team win. If that means holding the clip board, getting in for the last few minutes of a game, so be it.
This organization does not need an added distraction at this point.

HfxTC

And with that, say Reed does manage to get his rights and turns around and signs Manziel to big money without him stepping onto the field. Add that Manziel does not wish to sit on the bench and learn the CFL game, then causes a riff.
Is it worth the risk?

I say not for big money. To me, given his past, he needs to prove himself first. Be a team player, learn the CFL game, do what it takes to help the team win. If that means holding the clip board, getting in for the last few minutes of a game, so be it.
This team is a lot more than a QB away from being competitive. Giving up the top Canadian in the draft for a guy who plans what is basically a "hit and run" is sheer stupidity...

tony

Didier Orméjuste
@DidierRDS

3h3 hours ago
I'm told Darian Durant is scheduled to receive a bonus of at least $100k on Monday. If the #AlsMTL do not release him by then, Durant will almost be guaranteed to be on the roster for next season because of his $400k salary.
Still trying to wrap my head around that concept. Up for a "bonus" after his All Star season.

If anything he should be returning $100k to the organization.

I have to get his agent.

tony

Is it worth the risk?

This team is a lot more than a QB away from being competitive. Giving up the top Canadian in the draft for a guy who plans what is basically a "hit and run" is sheer stupidity...
And do you put it past the current GM not to do something like that?!

HfxTC

Is it worth the risk?

And do you put it past the current GM not to do something like that?!
I think the Wettenhall are behind this parlor trick and "The Great Kazoo" is just their tool.

tony

You could very well be right. Another Michael Sam marketing experiment.

HfxTC

You could very well be right. Another Michael Sam marketing experiment.

Users Online

77 Guests, 6 Users (12 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
sully, papazoola, mike619, DPop13, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 120. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)