tony

Guess it should not come as a surprise.
What young QB would want to sign with this organization over say T.O. or any other team for that matter?

Reed has just closed out the worst season since the organization came back to Montreal.
He brings in a HC who has 0 experience in the CFL.
Jones as OC and old man Stubler with his finger on the D.

If it were me, I am staying away from this organization and looking to sign elsewhere.

This is going to be a tough rebuild.

Connecticut Yankee

The Alouettes are probably going to sign one of the QB's from these two games 
but they better move quick because others are doing there work too.

http://www.fcsbowl.com/news/2017-fcs-bowl-shine-in-front-of-30-nfl-cfl-scouts-
http://www.nationalbowl.org/news/2017-national-bowl-players-shine-in-front-of-30-nf

Daquan Neal(Elizabeth City) is a possibility.
Dallas Baldner (Valdosta State) looks like an interesting candidate for receiver/returner.

https://twitter.com/FCSBOWL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcsbowl.com%2F
https://twitter.com/CoachLCunha/status/943248660502011904

Danny McManus (Winn),Pat Jones (Edm), and Sammy G(Sask),the gentleman in the black golf shirt, 
are in this photo. Russ Lande is at these  games so the Alouettes are represented.Hopefully, 
they will be open to bringing some new faces to training camp.

HfxTC

Guess it should not come as a surprise.
What young QB would want to sign with this organization over say T.O. or any other team for that matter?

Reed has just closed out the worst season since the organization came back to Montreal.
He brings in a HC who has 0 experience in the CFL.
Jones as OC and old man Stubler with his finger on the D.

If it were me, I am staying away from this organization and looking to sign elsewhere.

This is going to be a tough rebuild.
Young, old doesn't matter. Collaros is playing his career in 2018, not a chance he's going to bet on Kavis Reed with his livelyhood.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Niagara Als

A couple of years ago we had two promising young future QBS in the organization. However Chris Jones HC of the RR's was given these two by Kavis. Now our young QBs are Pippen and Shitlz, seems like Kavis is spinning the wheels but they are getting nowhere as Adams and, Bridge especially,has indeed developed as a reputable starter in the CFL. However despite drawbacks, it is time to support our Als. Mistakes have been made this past year but, those who favor the team need to step up and give it the old college try once again. Instead of white washing the team, you could make a decision to support a team which has been our favorite over the past decades. I believe we have, at least, a new GM person on board and, a new HC. Change is possible and, can be hopeful for those who care.
Now I notice that Tom Armstrong ( a promising NCAA QB who needed to try out as a DB to get an NFL tryout) is another candidate for the ALS QB this coming season. I disagree with the naysayers who are stuck in a position of rejection of their home team, and I ask you guys to remember the old Ottawa Renegade team managed to transfer a DB into a very good QB who lasted for several years with good marks in the CFL. Will Armstrong be another Kerry Joseph? Likely this means that the ALS will have to develop their own QB perhaps Shiltz, Pippen, Armstrong, or, a NCAA player who might miss the NFL draft will emerge as a surprised development in the Als long history. To Tony, Hfx, Als Pal, Sheldon and others, keep the faith, despite the stumbling blocks, our team has emerged in past with a QB who led the Als to a come back position. I recall you Sheldon noting that when the Als folded those many years ago, your interest in the CFL faded, as the CFL without the Als, was not really your preference. I too thought the same way. I still watched the CFL games ( without the Als ) but the watching was not as exciting and, I likely payed less attention to the CFL in that dismal period.
The Als have a new HC. A resurgence of the team is indeed possible. Etcheverry, Wade, Calvillo were QBs who led the team from a has been position to Grey Cup victors, this has happened before. Just look at how this Forum has grown. Several newcomers have joined our Forum and, we have more respondents  than in past years. Except for one complete washout, attendance was decent last year, indeed more so after the odd victory. There exists a solid fan base, like myself, who will always support the Als. Let us celebrate the acquisition of a noted HC and, begin in the NOW position to support our team. The Owner, who has been trashed recently on this Forum, has always provided the team with the needed monies and, my hunch is that this practice will continue. This owner family has paid its dues. If one has to find an answer as to how the Wetenhall family will again provide sufficient monies to generate the franchise, one must only consider the past-its been blue chip funding.

Stangbang

Well said Niagara Als.I to have continued to support my team with 2018 being our 7th year as season ticket holders.Not to say that I was not pleased with the last couple of seasons exspecially 2017 but I too can see the good side of things to come.All I want is for the team to compete on a weekly basis and although I was calling for Reed's head at the end of 2017 I am willing to give him a second season to show us what he can do.We all know that the players were not happy with there team last year as many of them wore there emotions on there sleve and we definetly need new blood to go along with a few veterans that should stay with the team to lead the way.A good starting QB is a must and if we have to develop one I am willing to stay the course.Who can't forget March's performance on that rainy day or seeing kato scramble for a gain.Yes these guy's didn't last but at least we had someone to cheer for.I feel that the new coaching staff deserves a chance to show us what they can do with Sherman leading and if Reed can let him pick the type of players he wants on the team it would be a start.I do not however beleive that we should retain Durant and we will know soon as jan 15th is fast aproaching .

tony

"Show me the money" or "show me the results".

This organization has been spinning it's wheels since AC retired.

Put Reed as GM who had no experience. As I have said several times before, he was with the organization as the ST coach. He knew the roster. He did not come in blind.
He brings in Durant to a huge salary. Look how that turned out.
Let's Green go in the off season opting for Jackson.
Brings Woods to TC and at 5:30 am the second day, tells him his services are no longer required.
Funny, Argos had no problem with either player.

He relieves both Chapdelaine and Thorpe midway, takes over as HC and fails miserably.

If it were me running the organization Reed would have been brushing up his resume.

Yet he remains.

And if there is any truth to what has been said about several candidates for the HC/OC positions turning Reed down, not sure what more can be said.

Now this organization has to prove that keeping Reed as GM and putting the people in place for the coaching staff was the right decision. Wins are what matters, for me anyways.

The proof will be on the field and the end results.

HfxTC

Put Reed as GM who had no experience. As I have said several times before, he was with the organization as the ST coach. He knew the roster. He did not come in blind.
Brings Woods to TC and at 5:30 am the second day, tells him his services are no longer required.

He relieves both Chapdelaine and Thorpe midway, takes over as HC and fails miserably.

If it were me running the organization Reed would have been brushing up his resume.

Yet he remains.

And if there is any truth to what has been said about several candidates for the HC/OC positions turning Reed down, not sure what more can be said.

Now this organization has to prove that keeping Reed as GM and putting the people in place for the coaching staff was the right decision. Wins are what matters, for me anyways.

But Tony. Who are they going to beat? Toronto will be better in year two of Trestman, so will Hamilton. Ottawa will be static... Who are they going to beat? Other than the odd home victory because the visitors are on a short week or have an injury plague.

tony

Yet he remains.

But Tony. Who are they going to beat? Toronto will be better in year two of Trestman, so will Hamilton. Ottawa will be static... Who are they going to beat? Other than the odd home victory because the visitors are on a short week or have an injury plague.
That's the $64k question Hfx.

GHT120

Yet he remains.

That's the $64k question Hfx.
Als have slipped so far that even not making the playoffs but being respectable would be a step forward, as long as that happens with more youth and not more retreads
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Grover

Kevin Glenn is now the best available veteran QB, He did pretty well last season!

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Lucas Bellemare

Kevin Glenn is now the best available veteran QB, He did pretty well last season!
En théorie oui. Dans les faits il y a peu de chances qu'il revienne (mais avec Kavis Reed aux commandes...). Au moins 3 facteurs entraveraient cette option:

-Son expérience en 2016 a dû le dégoutter du marché de Montréal
-Kavis Reed ne semble pas prêt de se débarrasser de Durant, surtout avec Khari Jones comme OC.
-Le général Sherman a exprimé le souhait d'avoir un quart arrière mobile  

HfxTC

Makes zero sense when the HC says he wants a mobile QB. At this point the QB that Als need to focus on is Cody Fajardo. Sherman wants a mobile QB. Cody is 25. My guess is that Popp knows he's going to the NFL but maybe a solid contract may make him reconsider. I suspect BC would be after him as well, living in Nevada makes sense for him. I don't see anyone else in the league at this point the Als can make a play for that can lift his team up in the next year or two.

Grover

Makes zero sense when the HC says he wants a mobile QB. At this point the QB that Als need to focus on is Cody Fajardo. Sherman wants a mobile QB. Cody is 25. My guess is that Popp knows he's going to the NFL but maybe a solid contract may make him reconsider. I suspect BC would be after him as well, living in Nevada makes sense for him. I don't see anyone else in the league at this point the Als can make a play for that can lift his team up in the next year or two.
Has Fajardo ever even started a pro game??

GHT120

Has Fajardo ever even started a pro game??
Durant has started tons but nobody wants him.

Sherman needs to evaluate what CFL tape there is on Fajardo, plus any pre-CFL scouting, and decide based on talent if he is better than what they have.  The biggest advantage for Fajardo is his two years of studying/learning the CFL, including one year under Trestman ... plus that he is a UFA so no assets needed to acquire.

As for the NFL, Fajardo has nice size but he has done so little these last two years that he is likely a season or two as a full-time starter away from attracting interest from there as a QB.

Lucas Bellemare

Il ne s'agit pas de ce qu'on veut mais de ce qu'on peut avoir. Ça aurait été une très bonne nouvelle si Masoli ou Franklin avait signé à Montréal, malheureusement ce n'est pas le cas. Dans les circonstances, si Reed veut donner au général Sherman un quart arrière mobile comme il le souhaite, Fajardo semble être la meilleure option.

D'un autre côté nous ne savons encore rien des intentions de la direction à propos de Dariant Durant, même si nous pouvons supposer que Reed veuille le garder. 

Users Online

71 Guests, 7 Users (12 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
TravelPat1, sully, papazoola, mike619, DPop13, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 120. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)