Grover

Lucas Bellemare

Ne sera pas pire que Drew Willy mais on continue quand même à tourner en rond.

MadJack

This season will be a write-off, may as well dump Willy and his clone Matthews, and devote the rest of the year to letting Adams, Hill, and Shiltz (when back from injury) show us what they can do.

We may still not win a game, but hey we're going nowhere with Willy and Matthews, they are simply not suited as starting QBs in the CFL, so they are not our future.  One of these three may be, and may not be, but there's only one way to find out.

Downside?  Rod Black will tell us umpteen times who Kenny Hill's father is.

HfxTC

This season will be a write-off, may as well dump Willy and his clone Matthews, and devote the rest of the year to letting Adams, Hill, and Shiltz (when back from injury) show us what they can do.

We may still not win a game, but hey we're going nowhere with Willy and Matthews, they are simply not suited as starting QBs in the CFL, so they are not our future.  One of these three may be, and may not be, but there's only one way to find out.

Downside?  Rod Black will tell us umpteen times who Kenny Hill's father is.
Might as well lose with young dual threat quarterbacks than two pylons. At least entertain the fans a little. Adams is 3-0 for Montreal Willy is 0-6
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

O line is still a major issue.
IMO primarily the OTs
How hard can it be to find two import tackles, if the entire coaching and scouting staff puts its mind to it. They've known all off season they were going with import tackles and they cut Olafoyle and show up at camp with Fulton and two low grade prospects. Why, why are they still paying Joe Mack and Russ Lande is beyond me... and now they've added Kalele Carter. Sherman no contacts ? There are four people being paid and they can't come up with two Offenisve Tackles ? Brutal.

papazoola

….I have to agree on Mack hfxtc…..This guy slept through his job with us and just how Kavis didn't 'get that' from his tenure in the Peg is beyond me...There has to be better talent out there...
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

….I have to agree on Mack hfxtc…..This guy slept through his job with us and just how Kavis didn't 'get that' from his tenure in the Peg is beyond me...There has to be better talent out there...
Kavis would have been slightly better off signing Maggot Mike Kelly vs. Drowsy Joe Mack as far as I'm concerned.

While Kelly was seemingly black-balled by CFL teams - Drowsy Joe just returned to his park bench base-camp in Charlotte, North Carolina, winding up his days, counting all his unearned bomber money. Kavis remember the guy had brought in a couple studs during his tenure as Cal Murphy's southern bird-dog in the mid 80's and gave him a shout. Joe was completely willing to oblige - knowing the vast amounts of money CFL teams throw at possible solutions/impossible situations!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

GHT120

O line is still a major issue.
IMO primarily the OTs
How hard can it be to find two import tackles, if the entire coaching and scouting staff puts its mind to it. They've known all off season they were going with import tackles and they cut Olafoyle and show up at camp with Fulton and two low grade prospects. Why, why are they still paying Joe Mack and Russ Lande is beyond me... and now they've added Kalele Carter. Sherman no contacts ? There are four people being paid and they can't come up with two Offenisve Tackles ? Brutal.
Read somewhere that Fulton was taking reps at RT ... he may be better suited there ... but if he was our best LT to start the year then who plays there now?

CFL LT/RT is a bit different than NCAA/NFL, but there still have to be enough "undersized" tackles with the agility needed in the CFL to find TWO.

Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Niagara Als

We may still not win a game, but hey we're going nowhere with Willy and Matthews, they are simply not suited as starting QBs in the CFL, so they are not our future.  One of these three may be, and may not be, but there's only one way to find out.

I agree with your post, Willy and Matthews go and, go with Adams, Hill and Shiltz. Two years ago we had Adams and Bridge. GM is spinning wheels but not connecting.

Reggiemac

I think it was a good move to get Vernon Adams if not for any other reason to keep him away from the Argos or Riders who may be looking for QB help

LeStaf

C'est l'idée que j'avais en tête lorsque que j'ai dit à Patrick Boivin et Kavis Reed que les supporteurs pardonneraient des défaites avec des jeunes quarts qui progressent aux commandes, mais qu'il ne leur pardonneront pas avec des vétérans qui pâtissent.

Le problème, c'est que les Alouettes n'ont pas le bon personnel pour bien faire progresser ces jeunes.  Mais s'il faut espérer mieux un jour, il serait temps qu'on donne une vraie chance à un jeune quart et qu'on garde les options ouvertes si quelqu'un de mieux devient disponible (Masoli?).
For translation  ---->  http://translate.google.ca/

Users Online

56 Guests, 1 User (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PatLynch, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)