glengarry flash

Anybody know if Kevin Glenn is available?  With the improved Oline he'd probably do well...May be better than what the Als have presently!
No thanks ... a 39 yr-old (come July), never-was top flight
what an out to left field comment. better then what we have now?

glengarry flash

Kenny Hill(TCU) has signed with the Oakland Raiders.
Devante Kincaid(Grambling) is not signed yet.
Martez Carter(Grambling) signed with Washington.He is a running back whose name was leaked
last summer on the negotiation list.

There is still time before mini-camps start so Kincaid might still get an offer. If not Reed
should pursue him.
I thought your original spread re the above was interesting plus, your followup. Thanks.
still time LOL LOL LOL  QB kincaid get serious!! from grambling, what you think he's the 2nd coming of doug williams!!

glengarry flash

Joey Alfieri from 2 days ago where he says Matt Shiltz has a good chance at becoming the starter from Day 1.  He is less convinced regarding Josh Freeman because his skillset might not translate to the CFL.  Plus, Freeman has been away from football.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/hamilton-1150/alfieri-wouldn-t-be-stunned-if-als-make-another-move-1.1075497

Josh Freeman article written when the Als were in Vero Beach for Mini-Camp

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/05/05/whoa-canada-josh-freeman-tries-to-resurrect-once-promising-career-with-the-cfls-alouettes/
If the plan was for Freeman to come in and master this game from the get go, it was doomed to fail.
Shiltz I haven't seen an arm yet but at least he's got a year CFL experience. Willy is finished, way too slow through his reads, Trestman picked up on that right away. I think by game five the Als might be giving the ball to Fugate.

At some point they will have to show patience. They simply don't have a choice.
the plan with QB freeman isn't doomed to fail and he will master this game. QB shiltz needs a lot of work but he should be able to accomplish it. as for QB fugate he has a ways to go. even more then QB shiltz. QB willy just depends on how he shows in TC!!

glengarry flash

Big arm and size, but apparently is not an accurate QB.  His total completion percentage for the last 2 years in college was under 50 as he was eventually demoted to backup.  Not sure why he is wasting his time with the CFL anyway when his non-athletic goal in life is to become a radiologist.
If I was a multi billionaire as a kid, I would still have wanted to play in the CFL.  Sometimes you just want something that bad.
get off QB freeman's back and give him a chance at TC before you start whining.

glengarry flash

read zeke zurkowsky article in the gazette stating that(GM kavis reed had an excellent draft nite thursday). this surely pisses of a lot of people who hate the alouettes, the wetenhalls and GM kavis reed. ask me if I care!! LOL LOL LOL

joe

Sounds like Sherman is confident about finding his guy and making it work. 

Drew Willy is the guy I think will start the season and do a good job. Please offer me some good odds.

I thought he looked better in the time he got last season and seemed he at least addressed the holding on to the ball too long issue. History with Kavis from Sask days will help or at least helped to the point of him being in Montreal.

A good run game and improved protection will help.

Will not bet on him being the qb next November however and hoping the Josh Freeman deal goes better than the Vince Young experiment. Really don't think a first year guy will be the answer.

However it goes I hope the Alouettes have a good year. A strong franchise in Montreal is a good thing for the CFL (LCF). 

Niagara Als

Martez Carter(Grambling) signed with Washington.He is a running back whose name was leaked

There is still time before mini-camps start so Kincaid might still get an offer. If not Reed
should pursue him.
I thought your original spread re the above was interesting plus, your followup. Thanks.
I just now checked the video on Kincaid.He certainly looks very good on the pass and run. I shall try and google him later in the day to follow up. If something comes up i'll get back to you. I still recall Doug Flutie the "small" QB whose coach with Buffalo gave the playoff game to Ron Johnson. I really enjoyed seeing Flutie come from the bench to get the Bills into the playoffs.
Kincaid had a very successful 2016 season at Grambling, led the SWAC in every passing category with 3023  yards, 31 TDs, 4 interceptions. In 2017 he had another good year at QB and, was especially noted for his scrambling ability and, he was very elusive in this manner. He had a good touch on his long throwing ball Prior to a Bowl game he broke his ankle. KInkaid, however did not impress in the lead up to the 2018 draft. A negative was noted with his tendency to hold onto the ball too long and, run too quickly. His small stature was viewed negatively by the scouts. He impressed the scouts at best as a developmental QB who, at best could be a number two QB. However, it was noted that Kincaid would be an ideal CFL QB with hie elusiveness and ability to run the ball. Needles to say at this time he is without an NFL contract. My hunch is that if given an opportunity he just might succeed in the CFL. He poses as a QB who has all the hallmarks of the many NCAA QBs to play in Canada.

Niagara Als

should pursue him.
I just now checked the video on Kincaid.He certainly looks very good on the pass and run. I shall try and google him later in the day to follow up. If something comes up i'll get back to you. I still recall Doug Flutie the "small" QB whose coach with Buffalo gave the playoff game to Ron Johnson. I really enjoyed seeing Flutie come from the bench to get the Bills into the playoffs.
Kincaid had a very successful 2016 season at Grambling, led the SWAC in every passing category with 3023  yards, 31 TDs, 4 interceptions. In 2017 he had another good year at QB and, was especially noted for his scrambling ability and, he was very elusive in this manner. He had a good touch on his long throwing ball Prior to a Bowl game he broke his ankle. KInkaid, however did not impress in the lead up to the 2018 draft. A negative was noted with his tendency to hold onto the ball too long and, run too quickly. His small stature was viewed negatively by the scouts. He impressed the scouts at best as a developmental QB who, at best could be a number two QB. However, it was noted that Kincaid would be an ideal CFL QB with hie elusiveness and ability to run the ball. Needles to say at this time he is without an NFL contract. My hunch is that if given an opportunity he just might succeed in the CFL. He poses as a QB who has all the hallmarks of the many NCAA QBs to play in Canada.

Johnny Ticat slayer

read zeke zurkowsky article in the gazette stating that(GM kavis reed had an excellent draft nite thursday). this surely pisses of a lot of people who hate the alouettes, the wetenhalls and GM kavis reed. ask me if I care!! LOL LOL LOL
Hey gflash dude from lake Placid, I found some video of you. Your real name is Ruprecht. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKDX-qJaJ08

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

cahoonrules86

Anybody know if Kevin Glenn is available?  With the improved Oline he'd probably do well...May be better than what the Als have presently!
Uhhhh...Yeah!

GHT120

Glenn has a loonnngggg career of being just good enough to play, but at his peak he was never a high-end CFL QB.  His best year was when he was nominated for MOP, but against Kerry Joseph (says all that need be said about that pitiful CFL season).

Given his CFL experience, Glenn might be worth a couple more wins this season, but then the Als face the same QB issue next off-season.  Als will only ever know what their current QBs are capable of doing by letting them play
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

Glenn has a loonnngggg career of being just good enough to play, but at his peak he was never a high-end CFL QB.  His best year was when he was nominated for MOP, but against Kerry Joseph (says all that need be said about that pitiful CFL season).

Given his CFL experience, Glenn might be worth a couple more wins this season, but then the Als face the same QB issue next off-season.  Als will only ever know what their current QBs are capable of doing by letting them play
That's how I feel about Willy.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Users Online

134 Guests, 20 Users (24 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, RedandWhite, Augustus67, Killer91, Lyle B. Style, ExPat, Iconic SR, Oskie18, oskee7777, tcmike, Mightygoose, Bigshot, TravelPat1, SeaFiddle, Onemoredork, Google (AdSense) (10), Google (14)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)