HfxTC

This article was written February 11,2018, 2 days before free agency period began; the seventh QB was then Jacory Harris who was released once free agency period began.

Richard
Right on !  Thanks Richard. You've got an eagle eye.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Reggiemac

I went to the link that Grover posted about Josh Freeman and I feel somewhat more positive about him. I think he has the physical tools to succeed but I was concerned about what his attitude might be after blowing his multimillion $ deal in the NFL but he signed and earned peanuts in the US experimental football league, whatever that is and when asked about his downfall he replied something like "its not about money I need to play" my foncerns about his attitude have diminished. Doug Flutie said something similar when he signed with the BC lions

Reggiemac

By day 3 of TC the only Qbs on the roster will be the three new guys signed this year and by the end of camp it will be the Josh and Garrett show. Josh will probably get to start and Garrett willbe the future guy,  exciting football will be on display. You read it here first.

HfxTC

I went to the link that Grover posted about Josh Freeman and I feel somewhat more positive about him. I think he has the physical tools to succeed but I was concerned about what his attitude might be after blowing his multimillion $ deal in the NFL but he signed and earned peanuts in the US experimental football league, whatever that is and when asked about his downfall he replied something like "its not about money I need to play" my foncerns about his attitude have diminished. Doug Flutie said something similar when he signed with the BC lions
Freeman blew nothing. He started in the NFL for four years and was a Pro Bowler once. With his second season being one of the greatest season by a QB that age in the NFL. (4:1) TD 2 INT ratio.

We know things got derailed with his HC. Really his situation is pretty much the same as Kaepernick...

The key will be to design an offense and call plays that fit his skill set. Find receivers who can hang on to balls thrown hard. Tiquan Underwood oddly enough had success with Freeman.

A guy the Als should invite to camps is Mike Williams who had tremendous success with Freeman who is a free agent after being let go by the Chiefs after 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Williams_(wide_receiver,_born_1987)

Reggiemac

Good research. I was aware that the coach who cut him took a lot of heat cause Freeman was coming off a pretty good season for a young QB. I like your idea of getting one of his receivers to camp. 

Reggiemac

Re : Miami minicamp.. Did our new QB's take part and if so, how did they fare? Anyone have any info?

HfxTC

Looks like you guys new QB is more committed to his new team than #TrustKavis is.

https://bustedcoverage.com/2018/02/21/josh-freeman-house-for-sale-photos-tampa/

Lucas Bellemare

J'espère qu'il est capable de lancer le ballon dans les mains de ses receveurs, sinon j'espère qu'il aura une clause de rachat pour sa maison XD 

okie

Minicamp is in April.  Miami was an open tryout.

In an interview with Herb Zurkowsky, Josh Freeman mentions that he will soon return to home which is in Kansas City, MO.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/josh-freeman-fired-up-about-chance-to-be-alouettes-qb

Reggiemac

And now add JustinHolman to the list of rookie QB's trying out. Our scouting dept is in overdrive

okie

Big arm and size, but apparently is not an accurate QB.  His total completion percentage for the last 2 years in college was under 50 as he was eventually demoted to backup.  Not sure why he is wasting his time with the CFL anyway when his non-athletic goal in life is to become a radiologist.

FootbalYouBet

Big arm and size, but apparently is not an accurate QB.  His total completion percentage for the last 2 years in college was under 50 as he was eventually demoted to backup.  Not sure why he is wasting his time with the CFL anyway when his non-athletic goal in life is to become a radiologist.
If I was a multi billionaire as a kid, I would still have wanted to play in the CFL.  Sometimes you just want something that bad.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

GHT120

Big arm and size, but apparently is not an accurate QB.  His total completion percentage for the last 2 years in college was under 50 as he was eventually demoted to backup.  Not sure why he is wasting his time with the CFL anyway when his non-athletic goal in life is to become a radiologist.
"Good" news is that accuracy can be a matter of mechanics, confidence or even system. 

His second last season the team apparently was win-less (so likely NOBODY looked good) and the new coach brought in from Oregon switched to a different system and the UCF pre-season projection noted "Holman ... is better suited for a pro-style attack".

Not predicting success, but the simple numnbers may not tell the whole story.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

everyman

I read a quote from an long time NFL GM..." If you cant complete over 60% in college, you have no chance"

HfxTC

That statement is generally true. There are exceptions where players may have bounced around or been in bad situations, or instability in the program they joined. If enough time is invested they can still improve. Brandon Bridge is a good example but the best example is a certain Henry Burris with a 49 Percent Everage over four years :)

[th][/th]

Temple:
1993 : 41.6%
1994: 52.6%
1995: 46.3%
1996: 50.7%

Users Online

67 Guests, 4 Users (18 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
blackandgld, Hamilton2005, Corey.the.tiger, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (14)

Most Online Today: 129. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)