idealsheldon

Still leaves the chance for the als to find their own QB to groom as opposed to trying to bring in another savior.
Easier said than done though. Looking at the CFL as a whole - all 9 teams - the last 3 years (2015-2017) only 3 decent young QBs entered the league. And Jennings, Franklin and Bridge all came in 2015. Nobody since then.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

idealsheldon

A wise man once said...

The answer is in that lockeroom - Marc Bergevin

:-\

We are certainly blessed with our GMs, aren`t we.

tony

A wise man once said...

The answer is in that lockeroom - Marc Bergevin

:-\
:) :)

Lucas Bellemare

Une transaction gagnant-gagnant

Le départ de Collaros assure presque le maintien de Masoli à Hamilton à moins d'un revirement spectaculaire. Masoli semble cadrer avec la philosophie de June Jones. Il pourra développer un quart de soutien qui coûtera moins chère que Collaros De plus, avec 4 choix au prochain repêchage en deux tours, Tillman sera comme un enfant dans une confiserie. Est-ce un signe que les Ti-cats feront de la place pour Manziel?

Pour les Roughriders, ça permet de mettre Collaros dans une situation sans pression comme 2e ou 3e quart (je doute que Chris Jones l'envoie comme partant), mais ça veut aussi dire que la place de l'un des quarts (soit Glenn, Bridge ou Adams Jr) est en danger. 

Du point de vue des Alouettes, je doute que Collaros aurait été un bon atout. Oui il aurait sûrement mieux fait que Durant, et l'expérience de Mike Sherman lui aurait sûrement apporté un confort structurel et organisationnel, mais le nerf de la guerre reste la ligne à l'attaque et les receveurs. C'est ce que Kavis Reed doit impérativement régler d'ici juin.

GHT120

I don't assume ZC is a RRer to stay.  Its reported that he has a $200K bonus due February 1st, so RRs have four weeks to restructure his deal as I cannot see them risking that much money on a QB who has thrown passes in fewer games each season since 2013.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

AlsPal

Still leaves the chance for the als to find their own QB to groom as opposed to trying to bring in another savior.
Easier said than done though. Looking at the CFL as a whole - all 9 teams - the last 3 years (2015-2017) only 3 decent young QBs entered the league. And Jennings, Franklin and Bridge all came in 2015. Nobody since then.
Definitely easier said than done,  but nothing worthwhile is  ever easy 

Time for the GM and scouts to earn their salaries 

idealsheldon

The CFL is playing QB musical chairs this off-season, and from the looks of things Kavis Reed is going to end up on his ass.

HfxTC

Als behind the eight ball again, Kavis probably doing on purpose so that he has an excuse to show up with his buddy Durant again. While the rest of the teams want to have their QB payroll sorted a few weeks before free agency so they know how much money they can offer their FA and shop during free agency. 
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Niagara Als

To use a baseball term, it appears that Kavis Reed has struck out again.

Johnny Ticat slayer

There are currently 5 QBs on the Als roster. The same 5 from last season at the end.

Darian Durant

Jacory Harris

Matthew Schiltz

Antonio Pipkin 

Drew Willy

Of the 5, three are useless and cannot be a starter, or even a decent backup (Durant, Harris, Willy). The other two are unproven rookies. 

Schiltz shows potential, but he has attempted a total of 61 passes in the CFL. 

Pipkin is unknown and has attempted 9 passes in the CFL. 

Reed better make a run at Franklin, or get Joe Mack to stop sleeping and find better QBs! 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

mike2579

Kevin Glenn released by Saskatchewan...welcome back to Montreal i guess...Durant and Glenn could have wheelchair races to claim the starters spot...
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

tony

Kevin Glenn released by Saskatchewan...welcome back to Montreal i guess...Durant and Glenn could have wheelchair races to claim the starters spot...
:)

tony

Any hopes that Reed was going to go after Franklin have gone to Popp and Trestman: 

https://www.tsn.ca/argos-to-announce-contract-for-qb-franklin-1.958958

tony

Als behind the eight ball again, Kavis probably doing on purpose so that he has an excuse to show up with his buddy Durant again. While the rest of the teams want to have their QB payroll sorted a few weeks before free agency so they know how much money they can offer their FA and shop during free agency.
Looking more and more like it. Maybe he will show up with both DD and Glenn.

Johnny Ticat slayer

We are screwed.  >:(

Users Online

85 Guests, 11 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
GHT120, VICIOUSCIRCLE, schmenger, FootbalYouBet, TeddyFay, J5V, Grover, Chris_87, of course, Google (16), Baidu

Most Online Today: 155. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)