HfxTC

I would have no problem with Kaepernick being signed by the Als. Obviously wishful thinking, as he will not be coming to the CFL anytime soon.

As for his behaviour, I guarantee you if the American national anthem was played at CFL games, there would be Alouette players taking a knee.
Nor would I. In fact I'd welcome it and think he would be great in the CFL. Sometimes a player just wants to play regardless of the money. But it seems as though he's comfortable developing his role in his home country. Personally I think he'd find playing in Canada would be a breath of enjoyable fresh air for him. Especially in Montreal. He'd love it. Probably Vancouver too if he's a west coast guy. I think he'd be warmly received up here. Far moreso than Manziel.

And did that reporter really say that about Wettenhall? That's really out of bounds unless true I guess.
Here is the exact quote. Decide for yourself.

Au moins Bob Wetenhall passait une bonne partie de l’année à Montréal et quand il était à jeun était d’un commerce agréable.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

everyman

I would have no problem with Kaepernick being signed by the Als. Obviously wishful thinking, as he will not be coming to the CFL anytime soon.

As for his behaviour, I guarantee you if the American national anthem was played at CFL games, there would be Alouette players taking a knee.
Nor would I. In fact I'd welcome it and think he would be great in the CFL. Sometimes a player just wants to play regardless of the money. But it seems as though he's comfortable developing his role in his home country. Personally I think he'd find playing in Canada would be a breath of enjoyable fresh air for him. Especially in Montreal. He'd love it. Probably Vancouver too if he's a west coast guy. I think he'd be warmly received up here. Far moreso than Manziel.

And did that reporter really say that about Wettenhall? That's really out of bounds unless true I guess.

Au moins Bob Wetenhall passait une bonne partie de l’année à Montréal et quand il était à jeun était d’un commerce agréable.
Yes...pretty accurate. Imagine a reporter saying that about an NHL owner. He wouldn't be a reporter with team access very long in most Canadian cities.

HfxTC

You would be correct.

Having said that. I've been saying for a few years now that the Wetenhall should sell this team and every year they hang on, their investment loses value and is damaging to the league and the team in particular.

They can't be getting much enjoyment being the pariah of pro sports in Montreal? I don't think this team will win more than one or two games the rest of the way. Their season ticket holder base will continue to erode in the off season. Also, the latest scapegoating firing has diminished their ability to attract talent to an all-time low... When I read fans dreaming of Buono or Austin tying their wagon to these owners, I am left speechless.

JC said parting ways that he coached and expected personnel ops to supply the talent... I agree with him. Reed, Mack, and Deslauriers have been the real failures and the two talented hard working guys got bled as an offering to cover for the astonishingly obvious failure by Reed and his hires to supply that staff with new talent.

Surprisingly the media has been for the most part very patient and easy on Kavis Reed. I suspect it has more to do with indifference than anything else. As Maciocia explained this week more and more francophone football fans in Montreal are now turning to the CIS and NFL for their football fix.

For the last five years, this ownership has been a disaster for the CFL in Montreal and it is about to get a lot worse.

idealsheldon

Yes...pretty accurate. Imagine a reporter saying that about an NHL owner. He wouldn't be a reporter with team access very long in most Canadian cities.
He`s a columnist. This week he also  basically called Geoff Molson an extortionist and thief ( extorquent, voler) for making $1.5 million charging Canadiens season ticket holders for printed tickets.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/09/13/un-cadeau-de-15m

Personally I`d rather be called a drunk than a thief. 
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

tony

You would be correct.

Having said that. I've been saying for a few years now that the Wetenhall should sell this team and every year they hang on, their investment loses value and is damaging to the league and the team in particular.

They can't be getting much enjoyment being the pariah of pro sports in Montreal? I don't think this team will win more than one or two games the rest of the way. Their season ticket holder base will continue to erode in the off season. Also, the latest scapegoating firing has diminished their ability to attract talent to an all-time low... When I read fans dreaming of Buono or Austin tying their wagon to these owners, I am left speechless.

JC said parting ways that he coached and expected personnel ops to supply the talent... I agree with him. Reed, Mack, and Deslauriers have been the real failures and the two talented hard working guys got bled as an offering to cover for the astonishingly obvious failure by Reed and his hires to supply that staff with new talent.

Surprisingly the media has been for the most part very patient and easy on Kavis Reed. I suspect it has more to do with indifference than anything else. As Maciocia explained this week more and more francophone football fans in Montreal are now turning to the CIS and NFL for their football fix.

For the last five years, this ownership has been a disaster for the CFL in Montreal and it is about to get a lot worse.
Said it last week. The Universite de Montreal Carabins vs the Laval Rouge et Or was far more entertaining than the Als have been all season.
I have been paying more attention to CIS over the past couple of seasons.

Good luck to the Wettenhals. This once crème de la crème organization has melted to the liquid at the bottom of the sundae cup.

Reed should have never been hired as a GM and has done nothing to convince me he should stay in this role.
And you are right HfxTc, he seems to have allot of leniency around this city. Not sure why but it is a head scratcher. Certainly after hearing of Chaps being let go. Reed should have been alongside him too.

tony

He`s a columnist. This week he also  basically called Geoff Molson an extortionist and thief ( extorquent, voler) for making $1.5 million charging Canadiens season ticket holders for printed tickets.

Take everything Tremblay writes with a grain of salt. If I am not mistaken, he has very few friends in this city and stirs the pot when the pot is empty.

Johnny Ticat slayer

So apparently, he's a nasty drunk. Then he is probably the one who wants Manziel!   :)
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

ROFLMAO... La belle Rejean....

HfxTC

You would be correct.

Said it last week. The Universite de Montreal Carabins vs the Laval Rouge et Or was far more entertaining than the Als have been all season.

Good luck to the Wettenhals. This once crème de la crème organization has melted to the liquid at the bottom of the sundae cup.

Reed should have never been hired as a GM and has done nothing to convince me he should stay in this role.
And you are right HfxTc, he seems to have allot of leniency around this city. Not sure why but it is a head scratcher. Certainly after hearing of Chaps being let go. Reed should have been alongside him too.
The hypocrisy is astounding. When Popp was GM according to Herb and the rest of the vermin he was stealing their job. Now that Kavis is doing the same they give him a pass :)

tony

You would be correct.

The hypocrisy is astounding. When Popp was GM according to Herb and the rest of the vermin he was stealing their job. Now that Kavis is doing the same they give him a pass :)
Guessing Herb cuts him slack because he makes his life easier. Always willing to talk or so it seems.
Popp was the opposite.

nguyenMTL

Take everything Tremblay writes with a grain of salt. If I am not mistaken, he has very few friends in this city and stirs the pot when the pot is empty.
Amen to that.

Constantly shit on PK Subban, while he was playing for the Habs, and on Anthony Calvillo in the mid 2000s for 'choking' at the Grey Cup.

LeStaf

Rejean Tremblay far from a CFL football fan but established sports writer in Montreal wrote this week the Wetenhall's should consider selling the franchise. Also takes a shot at Bob Wetenhall who he describes as "for the most part pleasant when sober".

It is time. Maybe past time.
Le fait que Tremblay écrive ceci suffit à mettre en doute sa conclusion.  Il déteste les Alouettes à s'en confesser, à commencer par son propriétaire américain, d'abord et avant tout parce qu'il est américain. Si les Alouettes ont eu mauvaise presse même pendant leurs bonnes années, c'est surtout à ce miteux qu'on le doit.  Regardez-le bien grenouiller pour Maciocia à la première occasion qu'il aura.

[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

LeStaf

Supposedly, the Ticats took him off their negotiation list, because Kaepernick told them would never come to the CFL.

If true, Reed added him to the list for nothing.
That man made USD 24M in his career, and somebody wishes him to come up here and play for a maximum of CAD 400k p.a. with the same physical risks as it is in the NFL? Even if he just puts his money in the bank, the interest is more than what his salary can be.
Exact. Un show de boucane pour rien.

LeStaf

You would be correct.

Très sensé.  Maintenant, si les Wetenhall ne se croyaient pas des experts en football, et laissaient les décisions de football à des gens de football, mais des bons, ça serait déjà pas mal mieux.

Le problème qu'ils ont eu l'an dernier (et pas seulement l'an dernier), c'est de ne pas accepter que le nouveau DG puisse avoir la latitude qu'il demandait, ce qui pouvait vouloir dire que le premier entraîneur-chef francophone de l'équipe pourrait n'avoir été qu'un intérim. Il arrive un moment où les décisions basées sur le marketing montrent qu'on ne regarde pas les vrais problèmes.  Pour les Alouettes, le premier élément pour vendre des billets sera toujours d'avoir une bonne équipe sur le terrain.  Les autres considérations de marketing doivent suivre cet objectif, et non le précéder.

idealsheldon

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-reach-out-to-controversial-nfl-qb-colin-kaepernick

What Herb fails to mention in the story is that when his agent told him of Kavis` call, Kaepernick was laughing so hard he had to take a knee.

Users Online

91 Guests, 11 Users (15 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, KevinRiley2, Abendschan, Palmer, dcmoses, sully, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, Iconic SR, bohdon, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)