HfxTC

Alouettes put QB Colin Kaepernick on negotiation list
Posted on September 15, 2017 by Justin Dunk // 8 Comments
Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has been added to the Montreal Alouettes negotiation list, per sources.
The 29-year-old was removed from Hamilton’s negotiation list after being added back in March.
Kaepernick has played six seasons in the NFL and made headlines last year for not standing for the U.S. national anthem. He has been a free agent since opting out of his contract with the 49ers earlier this year.
From a monetary standpoint, there’s no need for Kaepernick to play football as he has earned more than $24 million during his NFL career.
He threw for 2,241 yards 16 touchdowns and four interceptions and rushed for 468 yards and two touchdowns in 11 starts in 2016. Kaepernick has thrown for 12,271 yards and 72 touchdowns with 30 interceptions and 2,300 rushing yards (6.1 yards per carry) and 13 touchdowns since San Francisco selected him in the second-round of the 2011 NFL draft.
Kaepernick rose to stardom under then-Niners coach Jim Harbaugh, leading them to the 2012 NFC title, but he’s struggled in recent seasons and was benched for journeyman Blaine Gabbert last season.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

ro1313

I gotta ask

Pigsock?

HfxTC

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/9/1/12751038/colin-kaepernick-wore-some-police-pig-socks-49ers-camp

Also Jim Popp and him on the Als neglist from his freshman year in College until 2013. 

ro1313

Johnny Ticat slayer

Supposedly, the Ticats took him off their negotiation list, because Kaepernick told them would never come to the CFL. 

If true, Reed added him to the list for nothing.
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

hercules130

Supposedly, the Ticats took him off their negotiation list, because Kaepernick told them would never come to the CFL.

That man made USD 24M in his career, and somebody wishes him to come up here and play for a maximum of CAD 400k p.a. with the same physical risks as it is in the NFL? Even if he just puts his money in the bank, the interest is more than what his salary can be. 
"Go Alouettes!" - Dan Marino, October 2011

HfxTC

Desperate people do desperate things.

I'm talking about Reed :P

Niagara Als

Kaepernick is being frozen out by the NFL. He might be interested in both the Ti Cats and the Als.

Niagara Als

Johnny wondered about the possibly of Austin as the next HC? The Als might welcome Austin for the job.

HfxTC

Rejean Tremblay far from a CFL football fan but established sports writer in Montreal wrote this week the Wetenhall's should consider selling the franchise. Also takes a shot at Bob Wetenhall who he describes as "for the most part pleasant when sober".

It is time. Maybe past time.

jkm

Are they out of their cotton-pickin' collective minds?  Did they learn nothing from the Michael Sam debacle?

tony

Rejean Tremblay far from a CFL football fan but established sports writer in Montreal wrote this week the Wetenhall's should consider selling the franchise. Also takes a shot at Bob Wetenhall who he describes as "for the most part pleasant when sober".

It is time. Maybe past time.
He makes mention of Molson and Saputo in the article about local ownership for the Canadiens and Impact.

idealsheldon

I would have no problem with Kaepernick being signed by the Als. Obviously wishful thinking, as he will not be coming to the CFL anytime soon.

As for his behaviour, I guarantee you if the American national anthem was played at CFL games, there would be Alouette players taking a knee.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

everyman

I would have no problem with Kaepernick being signed by the Als. Obviously wishful thinking, as he will not be coming to the CFL anytime soon.

As for his behaviour, I guarantee you if the American national anthem was played at CFL games, there would be Alouette players taking a knee.
Nor would I. In fact I'd welcome it and think he would be great in the CFL. Sometimes a player just wants to play regardless of the money. But it seems as though he's comfortable developing his role in his home country. Personally I think he'd find playing in Canada would be a breath of enjoyable fresh air for him. Especially in Montreal. He'd love it. Probably Vancouver too if he's a west coast guy. I think he'd be warmly received up here. Far moreso than Manziel.

And did that reporter really say that about Wettenhall? That's really out of bounds unless true I guess.

HfxTC

Then you would have Alouettes without a job. Canadians lost their shiat when Chris Jones disrespected our anthem. Politics of division have no place in sports.

Users Online

114 Guests, 14 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
tony, nopa, vjcos, bobo82, The Last Word, LeBird, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, EastVanMark, KevinRiley2, bowl450, Taleback, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)