ArgoT

As an outsider here, let me again state the very obvious......you need a QB desperately.
Agreed Tom; would you mind giving us Bethel-Thompson?
Yes and always looking at the bigger picture, for the sake of competitive balance in the East and especially since you guys have gone through so many QB's, I would trade you guys B-T.
Having said that, I am shocked the team last year did not attempt to trade at year end for Franklin like my Argos did just before the FA period. 

Davaidengi

What do you expect when all of this citys sports teams are run by incompetant people.

HfxTC

As an old and wise Jewish friend told me once: It takes thousands of correct decisions to build a successful business but only one or two bad decisions to destroy one.

Andrew admitted to his people that he made mistakes (a very good thing) Then he told them from now on it was now on them (a very bad thing). No Andrew, you don't get to hand a corpse you ran over a half a dozen times to these people , say fix it now and then wash your hands of the situation.

Overall this off season while I and others can dispute some moves, Reed has done as good a job as can be, in fact a much better job than I predicted. Some will say why didn't he get Franklin or Collaros. I don't believe these two players were ever available to him. Tillman was never going to trade Collaros in the East division. In fact if he could have traded Manziel to the Als, Collaros may still be in Hamilton. Sunderland was brought in the league by Jim Popp, they have been friends for 20 years, there was no way Franklin was going to Montreal either.

Reed looked insanely nervous on the sideline thursday. Really, while he accepted the job, this was never going to be an instant fix by Reed or anyone else for that matter. Bob and Andrew Wetenhall no matter what he proclaims are responsible for the situation their football toy is in.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

CFL in QC

Maybe Morrison is injured?  I do not remember seeing him at all in any posted photo.

Since Cameron Posey has returned, the Als probably released him originally for some reason other than performance.  Perhaps he thought he had a better opportunity elsewhere, some family issue, or simply had passport problems.  Who knows.

With WR Tim Lukas, he just signed with the Green Bay Blizzard 2 weeks ago.  How then did he end up in Montreal?  Coincidence or not, recently released WR Jack Bramswig also came from the Blizzard.  It is almost as though the teams had some sort for farm team agreement.
On 3DNation, John Hodge said

Guys I'd look at for #Bombers at 15: McGill OL Qadr Spooner, UBC WR Alex Morrison, Guelph RB Johnny Augustine. #CFLDraft

What is going on with Alex Morrison ???
Still listed on the Als roster ...

GHT120

Maybe Morrison is injured?  I do not remember seeing him at all in any posted photo.

Since Cameron Posey has returned, the Als probably released him originally for some reason other than performance.  Perhaps he thought he had a better opportunity elsewhere, some family issue, or simply had passport problems.  Who knows.

With WR Tim Lukas, he just signed with the Green Bay Blizzard 2 weeks ago.  How then did he end up in Montreal?  Coincidence or not, recently released WR Jack Bramswig also came from the Blizzard.  It is almost as though the teams had some sort for farm team agreement.
On 3DNation, John Hodge said

Guys I'd look at for #Bombers at 15: McGill OL Qadr Spooner, UBC WR Alex Morrison, Guelph RB Johnny Augustine. #CFLDraft

What is going on with Alex Morrison ???
Still listed on the Als roster ...
To quote Okie: Maybe Morrison is injured?
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

okie

I am only watching the replay now.  About midway through the 3rd quarter, I have only seen one non-import receiver play.  That would be Richmond Nkethia.  From what I can tell, the Als might not even dressed guys like George Johnson, Malcolm Carter, Alex Morrison, Stephen Adekolu, and SJ Haidara.

Team does act like they are starting a non-import at receiver or even use one if Patrick Lavoie is not in the game.  Geno Lewis came in for Lavoie in 5 receiver sets.  Because Jamaal Westerman did not start, the Als were not honoring the ratio with that substitution.

Trevor Graham would be a disappointment as the Als started him at WR and kick returns hoping he would make a play.  He did nothing noteworthy.

With 3 non-imports on offense, the Als started Jabar Westerman at DT.  Anthony Sarao came in when the team wanted to use 4 linebackers.

Draft choices Jean-Gabriel Poulin and Ryder Stone were part of the special teams even early in the game.

I am not convinced the team is better off starting Matt Shiltz instead of Drew Willy.  Als evidently do not believe either Antonio Pipkin or Garrett Fugate are ready to play much anytime soon.  Team therefore would be in further disarray if Shiltz is just not a CFL starting quarterback. 

RichardVeilleux

Since teams can play/start as many Int. players-no such thing as 7 Nat. starters- it is why it is always difficult to asses any team during pre-season games; furthermore, some,if not most, teams hardly play veterans during these 2 games.

This being written, it is unfortunate that we don't have a top QB. I would be much more confident with a top QB. Drew Willy will not sell too many tickets,even if he helps to win a few games. For the next and last game,I also would like the Als to start Shiltz with the veterans/the most logical starters 2 weeks from tonight. I definitely envy Hamilton with Johnny Manziel. Imagine how we could sell the place with such as player. I do think that he will be very good. 

I was expecting a few cuts today. None mentioned and no news concerning Chip Cox.

Richard

okie

I finally finished watching the game.  No other Canadian receiver besides Richmond Nkethia played.  Nobody else on offense, nor on special teams.  Yes the game was a pre-season contest #1, but you would think one of them is part of the team's plans and would have seen some action.

What are the Als going to do?  Release almost all of them?  Hamilton needs some non-import pass catchers.  Maybe they are interested in a trade. 

Users Online

41 Guests, 2 Users (5 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
meaker23, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)