idealsheldon

Didier Orméjuste  🇭🇹
@DidierRDS

Drew Willy sera le quart partant demain soir à Ottawa. / Drew Willy will get the start at QB tomorrow in Ottawa. #Alouettes @LCFca @CFL
8:27 AM - 30 May 2018
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Didier Orméjuste  🇭🇹
@DidierRDS

Drew Willy sera le quart partant demain soir à Ottawa. / Drew Willy will get the start at QB tomorrow in Ottawa. #Alouettes @LCFca @CFL
It doesn't matter how good limp Willy is in training camp; where players can't hit him. When he will face a real defence coming after him, he will be who he always was, no good!

Just give the job to Schiltz and let him learn. Willy is not the future.
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

everyman

Well in Willy's defense he was really good for much of his first season in Winnipeg. Then the sacks and hits beat him into submission. That offense in Winnipeg was too slow in having the QB get rid of the ball. Sherman's will be better in that regard. You may be surprised by him.

CFL in QC

Well in Willy's defense he was really good for much of his first season in Winnipeg. Then the sacks and hits beat him into submission. That offense in Winnipeg was too slow in having the QB get rid of the ball. Sherman's will be better in that regard. You may be surprised by him.
Totally agree !

idealsheldon

Sherman on his Coaches show this morning said because of only 2 pre-season games the team will continue to be evaluated into the first couple of games of the regular season.

And that will likely be the case with Willy and Shiltz.

This is a whole other subject, but the fact of only having 2 pre-season games is definitely a hindrance to developing the league`s future QBs.

Teams like Wpg., Edm., Calg., B.C., Ott. have great starters, but no young up and coming backups. And the starters won`t be around forever. Injuries obviously also occur.

The only way to really develop young QBs and to be able judge them, is to have them see live action, and 2 pre-season games doesn`t allow that.

idealsheldon

Kyries Hebert certainly seems jacked up about this one.

On the Als he was a hard hitting aggressive player. Now that he`s on the Redblacks is he now a cheap shot artist? :)

http://ottawasun.com/sports/football/cfl/ottawa-redblacks/kyries-hebert-ottawa-redblacks-are-like-the-avengers-with-special-powers

Lucas Bellemare

Habituellement on voit une tendance où les équipes locales lors des matchs de pré-saison font jouer leurs partants alors que les visiteurs essayent plus de combinaisons. Ce n'est qu'une hypothèse, mais peut-être que le général Sherman veut envoyer Schiltz comme partant la semaine prochaine pour lui faire bénéficier des meilleurs éléments, et ce contre une formation qui pourrait être essentiellement composée de substitues. Ça l'aiderait au niveau de sa confiance. 

everyman

Re: QB development. I disagree somewhat about ex. games being the best/only way.

I think the best way to develop a young QB is to make sure they get some regular practice reps. Calgary and BC have always done that.

And to have a package designed for them in games-Chris Jones does that in Sask and in Edmonton.

And obviously there are games that due to score diff where the 2nd guy should get some time.

There hasn't been 4 ex games for quite  awhile.

But back-ups, at least in name recognition, seem thin this year. But there maybe a lot of talent that we haven't seen yet.

tony

Kyries Hebert certainly seems jacked up about this one.

On the Als he was a hard hitting aggressive player. Now that he`s on the Redblacks is he now a cheap shot artist? :)

http://ottawasun.com/sports/football/cfl/ottawa-redblacks/kyries-hebert-ottawa-redblacks-are-like-the-avengers-with-special-powers
Willy might be wishing Shiltz got the start.

"It's a pre-season game yes, against a team I spent allot of time with. A couple of guys I wasn’t allowed to hit at practice, (Thursday) I can really give it everything I have" 

tony

Didier Orméjuste  🇭🇹
@DidierRDS

It doesn't matter how good limp Willy is in training camp; where players can't hit him. When he will face a real defence coming after him, he will be who he always was, no good!

Just give the job to Schiltz and let him learn. Willy is not the future.
Willy may make out alright. Typically the first ex game mainly 2nd and 3rd string players.
True test will be the following game and first two or three of the regular season.

HfxTC

Sherman must have seen plenty of game film on Willy. My guess is he want's to see if Willy plays the same as he practices. If he doesn't I think Shiltz will get most of the reps and Sherman can just roll with him going forward. If Willy impresses, he will name Willy starter and start giving him most of the reps for the rest of camp.

Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

okie

Position Chart.  WTF?  Cameron Posey who was released after mini-camp is listed as a 3rd team receiver.

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2018/05/TC-Roster-2018-DayPreSeasonA-V2-Position.pdf

MadJack

Mitchell White at Halfback and Greg Henderson on the corner. . . is that a misprint?  Shouldn't it be the other way around?

idealsheldon

Mitchell White at Halfback and Greg Henderson on the corner. . . is that a misprint?  Shouldn't it be the other way around?
I was at the 1st practice and that`s how they lined up. I was also surprised. We`ll see if it`s etched in stone.

RichardVeilleux

Comparing the off-season roster and the depth chart, there are roughly 20 players that won't dress. The most known are:G Ryan Bomben-injured-,DB Joe Burnet,DT Alan -Michael Cash, G Kirby Fabien,WR George Johnson,DE Jesse Joseph,LB DJ Lalama and DE Jamall Westerman.

As okie wrote Int. WR Cameron Posey is on the depth chart along with Int. WR Tim Lukas. None on roster.

While each fan wants his favourite  team to win, I don't draw too many conclusions,whether positive or negative, on final results. How a Head Coach plays his veterans,particularly his top QB, may have positive or negative impact on results. In our situation,there is not a top/number 1 QB,yet.

I will have special attention to the QB's,the DT's and LB's,excluding Muamba.

My major wish is that none of our top players will be injured.

Richard

Users Online

42 Guests, 2 Users (5 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
meaker23, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)