GHT120

Time of possession first half:

Als 7:58

Lions  22:02
Some people will blame the Defense...
The defense deserves blame. But, the offense is awful!
The defense deserves (some) blame

Tonight it would be that (a) they allowed a TD on the opening drive, putting an offence already lacking confidence behind before it took the field and (b) allowing a quick TD after the offence finally took advantage of a turnover to score.

The ease with which teams move the ball for much of games, and the D seems to depend on errors or great plays, is a concern but hard to judge a defence when the field is always tilted against it.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

GHT120

OMFG, Boris Bede. Is Damon Duval still available...?
I tuned out .... what provoked this?
EDIT:
NEVER MIND
Heard JC in a post-game interview reference an on0-side kick that failed to travel 10 yards ... assume it was that.

slimjim2

Both Bowman and Ky Hebert are great players - but they have to increasingly take more plays off (due mainly to age). Lewis is the best offensive weapon on the Als, which also says something.

DUDU (Durant) is obviously NOT the answer in Montreal.

If the Als continue to lose something's gotta give.

My guess is that one or both of Kavis Reed or Jacque Chapdelaine are cut loose. DUDU also on shaky ground - he's fortunate the backup is a shell-shocked ex-bomber named Dwight Willy!

Reed needs to find a QB. But fast!
Thats the problem, the find a qb fast needs to stop. Who do u wanna bring in? Collaros? Tate? Lulay? We need to develop a qb that we will have for years. Like a Jennings like a Levi Mitchell...
Forget Lulay he's gone for the season,  Ottawa wouldn't give up Tate they just signed him as the backup.   Only possibility is Collaros but the Ticats would want a lot in return and I don't think the Als have anyone that the Ticats would want.

Lyle B. Style

Both Bowman and Ky Hebert are great players - but they have to increasingly take more plays off (due mainly to age). Lewis is the best offensive weapon on the Als, which also says something.

My guess is that one or both of Kavis Reed or Jacque Chapdelaine are cut loose. DUDU also on shaky ground - he's fortunate the backup is a shell-shocked ex-bomber named Dwight Willy!

Thats the problem, the find a qb fast needs to stop. Who do u wanna bring in? Collaros? Tate? Lulay? We need to develop a qb that we will have for years. Like a Jennings like a Levi Mitchell...
Forget Lulay he's gone for the season,  Ottawa wouldn't give up Tate they just signed him as the backup.   Only possibility is Collaros but the Ticats would want a lot in return and I don't think the Als have anyone that the Ticats would want.
Collaros is still the best bet. Als have one thing - a high draft selection which they could barf up to the Ticats for Collaros - plus neg list player(s), etc. Wpg has Lafevour plus Dom Davis - neither suited for long-term success.
Als should buy a card for the James Franklin auction - Regina seems silently focused on bringing him in and phasing out Glenn. Franklin, Adams could be a potent 1-2 punch in the west. I'd rather have him go east than continue tormenting the poor old bombers. And if Edmonton hits the toilet - perhaps the guy they'll consider trading is Old Mike Reilly; hanging onto J Franklin.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

tony

Time of possession first half:

Als 7:58

Lions  22:02
Some people will blame the Defense...
The defense deserves blame. But, the offense is awful!
The defense deserves (some) blame

Tonight it would be that (a) they allowed a TD on the opening drive, putting an offence already lacking confidence behind before it took the field and (b) allowing a quick TD after the offence finally took advantage of a turnover to score.

The ease with which teams move the ball for much of games, and the D seems to depend on errors or great plays, is a concern but hard to judge a defence when the field is always tilted against it.
When your D plays 2/3 of almost every single game, no wonder they are giving up yardage and points. 
The O has to take blame for not only their poor play but for the fact they leave their D on for so much of each game.
After Cox's holding penalty in the end zone, they manage to stop the Lions from scoring.
The D gets to the bench and guess what. Back on the field because Durant gets sacked for a safety.
Hebert threw his water bottle onto the ground in disgust! I don't blame him!

Blame should be pointed right at Wettenhal for hiring Reed and Chaps. This is one big frackin mess!

tony

And one more thing. I do not want to hear either Reed or Chaps say on 690 that they have had a good week of practice.
Two weeks in a row, this team has gone out and wet the bed.
What the frack are they practicing?

tony

They can have Durant. And a bag of balls and water bottles.

tony

Collaros is still the best bet. Als have one thing - a high draft selection which they could barf up to the Ticats for Collaros - plus neg list player(s), etc. Wpg has Lafevour plus Dom Davis - neither suited for long-term success.
Als should buy a card for the James Franklin auction - Regina seems silently focused on bringing him in and phasing out Glenn. Franklin, Adams could be a potent 1-2 punch in the west. I'd rather have him go east than continue tormenting the poor old bombers. And if Edmonton hits the toilet - perhaps the guy they'll consider trading is Old Mike Reilly; hanging onto J Franklin.
With Reed and Chaps at the helm, it will not matter who is at QB. Chaps can not call a game for his life. And Reed has no idea of getting quality players to surround a QB.
The mistake Reed made was giving Durant this contract.
He would have been better keeping Glenn around, half the salary.

At this point, let the team go down. Then maybe Wettenhal will make another change at GM and HC (maybe), and start over. Get a young QB and actually develop him. Allow him to grow and make mistakes.
Enough with bringing in old QB's who are past their prime in hopes they will find the fountain of youth one more time.

If you are going to do that, make them your backup QB and that they are aware they are there for that role..
Otherwise around and around and around you go until eventually there are even fewer fans attending the games.

tony

Well at least there is CIS football to spend some time watching.

HfxTC

Anybody seen Boivin and Andrew Wetenhall lately?

:)

The Wetanhall can't fire anyone anymore anyway. There is no one left who will work for them.

SELL!
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Johnny Ticat slayer

The Wetanhall can't fire anyone anymore anyway. There is no one left who will work for them.

SELL!
They need to sell, but they most likely won't. Johnny fears we are reliving the death of the Als. Maybe Johnny's situation makes him see things more negatively right now, but that's how he sees it. 

CFL football is such a great sport. We have a warm cozy stadium, and a long storied history of Alouettes' football in this city. It is so sad to see what is happening to this team. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

mike2579

I remember when attending a Alouettes game on a brisk Sunday afternoon was the greatest thing in the world. Now i can do that in my boxers laying on my couch with a hangover from the night before. 
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

HfxTC

For owners who claimed to have lost so much money on this team, they sure are hanging on tight...

HfxTC

SELL!
They need to sell, but they most likely won't. Johnny fears we are reliving the death of the Als. Maybe Johnny's situation makes him see things more negatively right now, but that's how he sees it.

CFL football is such a great sport. We have a warm cozy stadium, and a long storied history of Alouettes' football in this city. It is so sad to see what is happening to this team.
Now that it is a carcass, it is a tough sell. Prospective owner would be better to wait him out and then pick it up for a song from the league like Bob Young did.

tony

Have to admire those who believe this team is better with Reed and Chaps.
3-8 and the only team left that they have a chance at beating are the Cats.

5-13 if they are lucky.

Could be a worse record than last year.  

Users Online

162 Guests, 14 Users (19 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
raymarkca, danoc_86, Mightygoose, bobo82, rpaege, bohdon, KevinRiley2, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, sully, Niagara Als, Google (19)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)