GHT120

One last thing I have to get off my chest. And that is that it`s killing me to see Duron Carter thriving in Sask.

I never considered him a cancer with the Als, maybe just a heart attack at times with some of his antics.

Chapdelaine took the easy way out and just dumped him. On the other hand Chris Jones recognized how talented Carter is, and like a true Head Coach realized the key to Carter is keeping him busy. So he made him a big part of the Riders - offense, returning punts, even DB on occasion. And he meets with Carter every day to ensure his head is in the right place.

The result being Carter has been both productive and charismatic.
Credit to Jones if what he is doing has made the difference, but I expect at least part of it is the wake-up call that getting cut afforded Carter, to show that talent is not always enough to offset bad behaviour
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

okie

In addition with the Als, Carter was (or close to) the highest paid receiver in the league.  Such a player earning that much money is expected to produce all-star stats as well as being a leader on the team.  Carter is probably now getting paid half his 2016 salary and is currently #10 in receiving yards in the CFL.  Leadership is not required as all the Riders need from him is: not to be a distraction.

Back to this season.  The Als will have a chance next week if Philip Blake returns, and the OL is healthy.  Trevor Harris potentially being out is another reason for hope.  

GHT120

... Back to this season.  The Als will have a chance next week if Philip Blake returns, and the OL is healthy.  Trevor Harris potentially being out is another reason for hope.  
Thought Blake had one more week on the 6-game list?  Or does a bye week count as a "game" for those purposes?  Reed has already negated the salary cap benefit of the 6-game list once this year; doing it again could bring cap issues.

It will be interesting to see if Harris plays ... although against the Als Lulay may well be more than enough.  That Harris even tried to see if he could make a throwing motion (couldn't get his hand above the shoulder) could indicate that the injury is perhaps not structural ... so it may be a matter of pain tolerance.

HfxTC

Lulay is done for the year. You probably mean Tate.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

GHT120

Lulay is done for the year. You probably mean Tate.
:-[ Yah :-[

Johnny Ticat slayer

One last thing I have to get off my chest. And that is that it`s killing me to see Duron Carter thriving in Sask.

I never considered him a cancer with the Als, maybe just a heart attack at times with some of his antics.

Chapdelaine took the easy way out and just dumped him. On the other hand Chris Jones recognized how talented Carter is, and like a true Head Coach realized the key to Carter is keeping him busy. So he made him a big part of the Riders - offense, returning punts, even DB on occasion. And he meets with Carter every day to ensure his head is in the right place.

The result being Carter has been both productive and charismatic.
Johnny is in full agreement with you Sheldon. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

idealsheldon

One thing that got kind of lost in the team's great performance Friday was the roughing penalty Kyries Hebert received for lifting Chris Williams in the air by the collar.

The question is if Hebert will be fined for this. When he received his Fajardo fine the league had said next fine would lead to a suspension.

Hebert has been the team's best player this season, offense or defense.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

GHT120

One thing that got kind of lost in the team's great performance Friday was the roughing penalty Kyries Hebert received for lifting Chris Williams in the air by the collar.

The question is if Hebert will be fined for this. When he received his Fajardo fine the league had said next fine would lead to a suspension.

Hebert has been the team's best player this season, offense or defense.
Have not heard a whisper of this on TSN690 (not that I listen 24/7).  Was his previous penalty situation not a 25 yard major foul for roughing?  That may be the difference.

Users Online

68 Guests, 2 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bohdon, KevinRiley2, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 113. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)