mike2579

How bad are we? Lindley looked like jesus last week coming into the game cold, and this week? Pfffft...Ray could pass the all time passing yard record tomorrow...
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

tony

RB's were going up against the now 9-3 Bombers who sit second in the West.

Third string QB...

You are correct. How bad does that make the Als look. 

Iconic SR

I have to ask the obvious. If Kavis has to turn to a 75 year old retired coach to help Durant, what does that say about Anthony Calvillo's abilities?
My expectations were definitely much higher for AC as a coach/influencer. Doesn't seem to be much happening there. Maybe the chaos above his paygrade is the issue, not sure.

G Man

I have to ask the obvious. If Kavis has to turn to a 75 year old retired coach to help Durant, what does that say about Anthony Calvillo's abilities?
My expectations were definitely much higher for AC as a coach/influencer. Doesn't seem to be much happening there. Maybe the chaos above his paygrade is the issue, not sure.

Reed continuing his failed mentality of bringing in old friends past their expiration date says nothing about Calvillo's ability, but rather Reed's.

Indeed, it's such a mess right now.. hard to evaluate anyone in the org right now, expect those at the very top.

GHT120

Difficult to assess a guy who:
- had NEVER coached anywhere previously
- is in his 4th season as any type of coach,
- roughly 2 seasons into being a QBC/OC, and
- has been learning "on the fly" in the midst of absolute chaos.

As for his ability to influence, in terms of influencing players he has had two veteran QBs who were contemporaries and three youngsters that his superiors decided were not the future; don't know that any issues can be laid at his feet.  Sadly he likely should be included if the Wetts decide to clean house and start over from scratch.  At most they could ask AC to wait until they pick a GM who picks a HC who decides who he wants on his staff ... but JP/MT may not wait to pounce.  If the Wetts do clean hopuse then unlike the past decisons need to be made ASAP ... the GM decision by mid-December and the HC by year-end.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

okie

From the Game Notes:
-The differential (44) between the Als and Redblacks in offensive plays last week was the 3rd largest in CFL history.
-For the last 5 games, Als have not scored in the 1st quarter.  Record is 7 games.
-Als have not held a lead at anytime in the last 5 games.
-As Head Coaches, Marc Trestman has a career record of 4-0 versus Kavis Reed.
-In their last 5 meetings, the Als are 3-0 when Ricky Ray does not start, and 0-2 when he does.
-Drew Willy has higher career passing rating (91.5 to 89.6) than Darian Durant.  Willy's highest rating has been against the Argos.
-Right now Durant has the same QUAR rating as Brandon Bridge.

Although the Als have not shown any life recently, but I am expecting a reasonably close score for at least 3/4 of the game.  Laying another egg would be a disappointment.

Niagara Als

This game will feather a great coach vs, Kavis our coach whom, I believe has not been successful, to date, in his GM role and, in past years never proved effective in a coaching role. Argos are looking good at this point in time.

tony

From the Game Notes:
-The differential (44) between the Als and Redblacks in offensive plays last week was the 3rd largest in CFL history.
-For the last 5 games, Als have not scored in the 1st quarter.  Record is 7 games.
-Als have not held a lead at anytime in the last 5 games.
-As Head Coaches, Marc Trestman has a career record of 4-0 versus Kavis Reed.
-In their last 5 meetings, the Als are 3-0 when Ricky Ray does not start, and 0-2 when he does.
-Drew Willy has higher career passing rating (91.5 to 89.6) than Darian Durant.  Willy's highest rating has been against the Argos.
-Right now Durant has the same QUAR rating as Brandon Bridge.

Although the Als have not shown any life recently, but I am expecting a reasonably close score for at least 3/4 of the game.  Laying another egg would be a disappointment.
Have to love your enthusiasm.

Wilder had a heck of a game for the Argos last week.
I am just hoping the D does not have to play 2/3 of the game and are able to keep him to around 100 yards.
Then there is Green who had a heck of a game against the Als last time out. I expect more of the same from him.

And I am just hoping DD can manage to hit one of his receivers at least once. Heck moving the ball downfield will be a bonus!  Laing back for the Argos, hopefully DD is not picking himself up off the carpet too many times.

HfxTC

Around 11pm the Als will be in the basement of the CFL and officially the worst team in the league.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Difficult to assess a guy who:
- had NEVER coached anywhere previously
- is in his 4th season as any type of coach,
- roughly 2 seasons into being a QBC/OC, and
- has been learning "on the fly" in the midst of absolute chaos.

As for his ability to influence, in terms of influencing players he has had two veteran QBs who were contemporaries and three youngsters that his superiors decided were not the future; don't know that any issues can be laid at his feet.  Sadly he likely should be included if the Wetts decide to clean house and start over from scratch.  At most they could ask AC to wait until they pick a GM who picks a HC who decides who he wants on his staff ... but JP/MT may not wait to pounce.  If the Wetts do clean hopuse then unlike the past decisons need to be made ASAP ... the GM decision by mid-December and the HC by year-end.
To be clear. I was not attempting to blame Anthony. I was just trying to point out that its a slap in the face by Kavis IMO.

Having said that. I don't know if you remember when AC was announced in the spring that he was done playing aroound, players who did not put in the work and perform were not going to be here... blah blah...

Anyone see any of that assertiveness ? He may want to take that approach before his coaching career is stained beyond repair by people like Kavis Reed.

AlsPhil

I say the Als lose by 30 or more.. anyone disagree?

HfxTC

I say the Als lose by 30 or more.. anyone disagree?
At least 24

tony

Another first quarter comes to a close with Als scoring 0 points.

Six games and counting.

AlsPhil

Good thing Miller is helping DurINT to turn things around

GHT120

Time for Als to not give a Schiltz and put Matthew in ..... at least I would have a reason to watch.

Users Online

94 Guests, 11 Users (16 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, bobo82, Palmer, dcmoses, sully, Abendschan, Johnny Ticat slayer, danoc_86, Iconic SR, bohdon, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)