Teams > Montreal Alouettes

Alouettes at Argos, Sept. 23

(1/14) > >>

Johnny Ticat slayer:
So who is looking forward to game 2 of Coach Kavis' squad? Coach Reed VS Coach Trestman. Seems like a slight mismatch...

We will probably get to see Ricky Ray throw for 400 yards. Also, SJ Green will surely add to his already impressive statistics. 

SJ Green, what a great receiver! Too bad we don't have a receiver like that...   ::)

okie:
With a victory, the Als would be within 1 game of the Argos for a playoff spot.  Remaining games include one at home against the slumping Eskimos and two against the Ti-Cats.  However, the Als are winless on the road and could not even beat a Redblacks team at home without their starting QB and Center.  Team only outscored Ottawa by 1 (8-7) after Ryan Lindley entered the game.  CFL Simulation yesterday gave the Als a 1% chance of making the playoffs.

Didier Orméjuste‏ wrote today that Philip Blake (who is recovering from a tricep injury) is practicing with the starters.

Als announced the addition of 4 to the Practice Roster:

LB Reggie Northrup 6'1" 231lbs from Florida State
DT Justin Zimmer 6'3" 292lbs from Ferris
DB Tyler Williams 6'1" 194lbs from Central Arkansas
OL Anthony Morris 6'7" 300lbs from Tennessee State

Northrup was a decent NFL prospect a couple years ago out of college but has never been invited to a training camp.  Zimmer had great Pro Day numbers and has been among the NFL final cuts the last 2 years.  I remember Williams' being mentioned around training camp when an independent scout asked publicly for DB recommendations.  Scout later told Williams that Uzooma Okeke liked what he saw on film.  Argos released Morris after Rookie Camp this year.  So for all the players the NFL just discarded, the Als signed just 1.

Johnny Ticat slayer:

--- Quote from: okie on Sep 20 2017, 01:55 PM --- So for all the players the NFL just discarded, the Als signed just 1.

--- End quote ---
Insufficient scouting by the Als? Really?! Hundreds of players available, and only one was worth signing?

tony:
I do not foresee the Als pulling off a W in TO this Saturday. Butler and Laing back for the Argos.
Wilde having himself a game against the Esks.
I am hoping the Als manage to keep him to around 100 yards.

As for the Als offense. A TD by Durant would be nice. Not holding my breath.

And yes while the Als are technically not out of it, they also have a game in Calgary after TO and they also play in Saskatchewan end of the season.

I do not foresee this team finishing second in the east. It will be between the Argos and RB's for #1 and # 2 in the east.

okie:
Fight at practice today:

And there was a small sign of life at practice when linebacker Nicolas Boulay got into a fight — mostly pushing and shouting — with newcomer Reggie Northrup. More words were exchanged when defensive back Michael Carter tackled Samuel Giguere — a no-no in drills.

http://3downnation.com/2017/09/20/alouettes-opt-to-avoid-chaos-stick-with-struggling-durant-at-quarterback/#comment-87117

Herb Zurkowsky says Davon Walls will return to the Active Roster for the game.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-turn-to-former-coach-to-get-qb-darian-durant-back-on-track

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version