HfxTC

Herb Zurkowsky
@HerbZurkowsky1

#Als have requested permission to speak to a number of B.C. coaches, I’m told. My guess? Marcel Bellefeuille, Mark Washington and Khari Jones
Donc, si je comprends bien, pour remonter une équipe qui s'est effondrée en milieu de saison, on voudrait aller piger chez les entraîneurs d'une équipe qui s'est effondrée en milieu de saison. :o
Ca fait partie du calcul mathématique du matrix de Reed: deux négatifs font un positif!  :)
La multiplication des trou de culs...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

GHT120

Not as H/C but Bryan Chui would be a good hire in MTL

Tim Baines
@TimCBaines

31m31 minutes ago
Sometimes the politics of the #CFL really sucks. Two of the best people you could ever meet, Travis Moore and Bryan Chiu, won't be back as coaches with the #Redblacks next year.
Provided the new HC chooses him, and not Reed or the Wettenhals; same for Calvillo.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

idealsheldon

The question is if Chiu (and Moore) are leaving the Redblacks over a conflict with Elizondo their offensive co-ordinator.

And Elizondo of course is supposedly an Als Head Coach candidate.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

The question is if Chiu (and Moore) are leaving the Redblacks over a conflict with Elizondo their offensive co-ordinator.

And Elizondo of course is supposedly an Als Head Coach candidate.
People are just throwing names out there. I still think most guys won't have any interest working for the Wetenhall and their restrictive contracts and team option years and everything else that dooms that job.

idealsheldon

Maybe DuMaas when he gets thrown out of Edmonton for his brilliant decision.  :D 

idealsheldon

Herb is speculating on every guy who ever carried a clipboard. I guess when they finally choose someone he can say he predicted it.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-have-long-list-of-potential-head-coach-candidatesy

FirstAnd10

Do you think that Scott Milanovich could be pried away from Jacksonville - a team having a good year.  I don't know what the pay for an NFL assistant coach vs. that of a CFL head coach.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Herb is speculating on every guy who ever carried a clipboard. I guess when they finally choose someone he can say he predicted it.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-have-long-list-of-potential-head-coach-candidatesy
True Sheldon. But, if Reed really does have Marcel Bellefool and Crokey Chamblin on his list of candidates, he is even worse than Johnny thought. 

Marcel fockin Bellefool?! REALLY?!  :o
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

LeStaf

Maybe DuMaas when he gets thrown out of Edmonton for his brilliant decision.  :D
Je vois mal quelle sorte d'ironie on peut faire à propos d'une équipe qui a terminé avec une fiche de 12-6 avec un DG recrue lorsqu'on regarde cette équipe qui a terminé avec une fiche de 3-15 avec un DG recrue.

Bien que pense que cette décision était erronée, Maas a tout de même conduit la meilleure attaque de la LCF en 2017.  Je le prendrais bien à Montréal, mais je doute qu'il veuille mettre ses pieds dans le sable mouvant qu'est devenue cette équipe. Tout le problème est là, d'ailleurs. Seuls les désespérés accepteront de venir à la barre des Alouettes.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

Grover

Stampeders DC DeVone Claybrooks interviews for Alouettes head coaching job

"Alouettes general manager Kavis Reed flew to Calgary on Monday to interview Stampeders defensive coordinator DeVone Claybrooks about Montreal’s vacant head coach position, per sources.
Reed received permission from the Stamps organization to talk to Claybrooks and the fact that Reed flew to Calgary on Grey Cup week to woo Claybooks would seem to indicate that he’s Reed’s top pick for the job."

MORE HERE
http://3downnation.com/2017/11/21/als-gm-travels-to-calgary-to-interview-devone-claybrooks-for-head-coach-job/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

idealsheldon

If I were Claybrooks I would be interviewing Reed:

Who`s shopping for my groceries?

What`s my budget for assistant coaches?

Do I have to keep AC?

Will I be allowed to wear shorts and my ballcap tilted to the side?, etc.

HfxTC

Here is Kavis short list.

Devon Claybrooks
Mark Washington
Corey Chamblin
Khari Jones

everyman

I read an article on the  weekend ( can't remember where...maybe Globe) where Glen Constantin is willing to listen if Als call. He also said that it would have to have far more security than a "2 and out".

Reportedly he makes $200,000 /yr now for as long as he wants it at Laval.

Any chance he's on the Als radar? Interestingly the report said he was/is on the BC radar too.

HfxTC

I read an article on the  weekend ( can't remember where...maybe Globe) where Glen Constantin is willing to listen if Als call. He also said that it would have to have far more security than a "2 and out".

Reportedly he makes $200,000 /yr now for as long as he wants it at Laval.

Any chance he's on the Als radar? Interestingly the report said he was/is on the BC radar too.
Constantin isn't going anywhere and frankly he would be an awful choice. It is easy to be a winning Head Coach when you have five times the budget of your nearest rivals and have all the best prospects falling over themselves trying to join your program. He has no pro coaching experience, finally there is no way the Wetenhall would sign on a contract that would give him the authority or longevity he would demand.

200k, keys to the city, huge expense account and two cars... For LIFE. vs 4 to 18 game life expectancy and a kick in the rear.

idealsheldon

Maybe DuMaas when he gets thrown out of Edmonton for his brilliant decision.  :D
Je vois mal quelle sorte d'ironie on peut faire à propos d'une équipe qui a terminé avec une fiche de 12-6 avec un DG recrue lorsqu'on regarde cette équipe qui a terminé avec une fiche de 3-15 avec un DG recrue.

Bien que pense que cette décision était erronée, Maas a tout de même conduit la meilleure attaque de la LCF en 2017.  Je le prendrais bien à Montréal, mais je doute qu'il veuille mettre ses pieds dans le sable mouvant qu'est devenue cette équipe. Tout le problème est là, d'ailleurs. Seuls les désespérés accepteront de venir à la barre des Alouettes.
Maas is lucky to have Mike Reilly as his QB LeStaf. A hot head Head Coach who this season alone threw his head set, and twice was caught screaming at assistant coaches mid-game. Real classy.

And one game away from the Grey Cup takes the ball away from his MOP QB, in a critical situation needing only 4 yards. Would love to know what Reilly really thought of that decision. And would have loved to see his assistants screaming at him.

With the Als situation being what it is, every outsider looks like Bill Belichick. But we have to keep things in perspective. 

Users Online

81 Guests, 12 Users (6 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Iconic SR, Mightygoose, Mark, RedandWhite, Slomojo2005, habcat, Fred C Dobbs, Lennywasout, Allek, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Yahoo!, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 132. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)