Johnny Ticat slayer

My combo of choice would be Ed Hervey and Tommy Condell and then let Ed sign Franklin. 
There is a much better chance that Johnny has a 3 way with Felicity Jones and Gal Gadot, than Hervey, Condell and Franklin with the Als.

But hey, both could still happen...  :)

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Connecticut Yankee

One potential candidate to think about that may be available for the HC position 
that might be worth considering is former Blue Bomber HC Mike Riley.He currently 
is HC for the University of Nebraska but whose tenure will end in the next few weeks
due to a losing record and a new Athletic Director being hired recently.

He would cost the Wetenhall's about 600,000 a year in salary(same as Trestman) but
would buy some much needed good will with the fan base, sponsors, and media.At the age
of 64, He most likely won't get another high profile NCAA job(already has a pension) and 
this might be a challenge he would be up for.
He would be able to recruit some quality street free agents that could help this situation.

One candidate that won't be available that some media might bring up is Orlondo Steinhour.
He currently is doing a great job in his current job at Fresno State and could end up with
an HC job at a another NCAA school some time this year.

HfxTC

Mike Riley is another great coach and one who understands the CFL but 600k is about 3X what the Wetenhall are going to pay for a HC. At 64 and rich, would he be interested? I'm skeptical.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Johnny Ticat slayer

One potential candidate to think about that may be available for the HC position
that might be worth considering is former Blue Bomber HC Mike Riley.He currently
is HC for the University of Nebraska but whose tenure will end in the next few weeks
due to a losing record and a new Athletic Director being hired recently.

He would cost the Wetenhall's about 600,000 a year in salary(same as Trestman) but
would buy some much needed good will with the fan base, sponsors, and media.At the age
of 64, He most likely won't get another high profile NCAA job(already has a pension) and
this might be a challenge he would be up for.
He would be able to recruit some quality street free agents that could help this situation.

One candidate that won't be available that some media might bring up is Orlondo Steinhour.
He currently is doing a great job in his current job at Fresno State and could end up with
an HC job at a another NCAA school some time this year.
That's an interesting candidate you suggest, Mark Twain. But, Riley hasn't coached in the CFL since 1990. He has gained a lot of football experience since then, but could he adjust to the current CFL game? 

Then again, would someone with his resume want to coach this dysfunctional team for 500k per year? 

Johnny Ticat slayer

Mike Riley is another great coach and one who understands the CFL but 600k is about 3X what the Wetenhall are going to pay for a HC. At 64 and rich, would he be interested? I'm skeptical.
Great minds think alike!  :)

Johnny posted at the same time (not seeing your post), that Riley would be too expensive for the Als.

idealsheldon

Then again, would someone with his resume want to coach this dysfunctional team for 500k per year?
I seriously think any legitimate candidate will start questioning himself about taking the position when he realizes that it will be Reed/Mack shopping for his groceries.

I`m still hoping, probably unrealistically, that Andrew somehow comes to his senses about Reed in December.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

idealsheldon

There is a much better chance that Johnny has a 3 way with Felicity Jones and Gal Gadot, than Hervey, Condell and Franklin with the Als.

But hey, both could still happen...  :)

Johnny, I have to ask. Would you serve them one of your steaks first or just get right into it?

Grover

Chamblin??

"Corey Chamblin inked a two-year contract with the Argonauts before the 2017 season and sources say that under the terms of that deal, Chamblin could leave Toronto if he was offered and ultimately accepted a head coaching position elsewhere."

http://3downnation.com/2017/10/31/corey-chamblin-leave-argos-head-coaching-position/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Johnny Ticat slayer

But hey, both could still happen...  :)

Johnny, I have to ask. Would you serve them one of your steaks first or just get right into it?
Whatever they would want! Johnny would only be too happy to accommodate them.  :)

tony

It was just a suggestion.  The Alouettes need an offensive minded head coach.  They also need to bring in a quarterback that can be developed for the long term.  I thought that coach Kelly could identify such an individual.  I totally agree he would be expensive.  He would have to be surrounded with experienced CFL coaches.  The type of offenses he ran in the NCAA was about as close to the CFL you can get south of the border.  I realize that coach Marc Trestman did work some camps prior to joining the Als but he was provided the knowledge from CFL assistant coaches.  
I don't see any issues with Chip Kelly as a HC. Trestman , June Jones, Thedford all did ok. They all had sometingin common, good structure around them. That is not the case in Montreal.
I do. He ruined the Eagles and how did he fare with the Niners?
No thanks!  Stay at ESPN.

LeStaf

I seriously think any legitimate candidate will start questioning himself about taking the position when he realizes that it will be Reed/Mack shopping for his groceries.

I`m still hoping, probably unrealistically, that Andrew somehow comes to his senses about Reed in December.
Ce n'est pas en décembre que le miracle doit se produire mais en novembre 2017. Il sera trop tard en décembre alors que tous les bons candidats auront disparu. Avec toutes les contre-vérités qu'on nous a servies cette saison, de savoir que la nouvelle du retour de Reed comme DG en faisait partie serait celle dont les supporteurs se plaindraient le moins.  Il serait tout de même bien de le garder comme coordonnateur des unités spéciales, s'il l'acceptait.

Je me demande ce qui va advenir de Kent Austin, puisque c'est Tillman qui est le DG et que June Jones sera probablement reconduit comme entraîneur-chef?
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

LeStaf

Chamblin??

"Corey Chamblin inked a two-year contract with the Argonauts before the 2017 season and sources say that under the terms of that deal, Chamblin could leave Toronto if he was offered and ultimately accepted a head coaching position elsewhere."

http://3downnation.com/2017/10/31/corey-chamblin-leave-argos-head-coaching-position/
Ça va assez mal comme ça. On n'a pas besoin d'un perdant de plus dans l'organisation.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Chamblin??

"Corey Chamblin inked a two-year contract with the Argonauts before the 2017 season and sources say that under the terms of that deal, Chamblin could leave Toronto if he was offered and ultimately accepted a head coaching position elsewhere."

Ça va assez mal comme ça. On n'a pas besoin d'un perdant de plus dans l'organisation.
100% d'accord avec toi LeStaf. Chamblin n'est pas la solution, mais un autre problème! 

HfxTC

The last thing you guys need is another self-righteous arrogant personality.

Hank01

Not realistic I know but Glen Constatin of Laval would be an interesting experiment.

Users Online

81 Guests, 6 Users (8 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
The Last Word, everyman, 15_championships, Chewbaca1973, schmenger, Google (8)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)