HfxTC

I think we have a killed a few coaches by now. Nobody in there right mind would wanna come here and ruin there cv. To be fair i think a fan gets to coach every game. Pick a name outta a hat and winner get to wear the headphones...
Mike.... Don't give them any crazy ideas!
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

GHT120

I think we have a killed a few coaches by now. Nobody in there right mind would wanna come here and ruin there cv. To be fair i think a fan gets to coach every game. Pick a name outta a hat and winner get to wear the headphones...
Game planning and practices might be a challenge, unless the folks are unemployed or willing to take vacation
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Johnny Ticat slayer

Game planning and practices might be a challenge, unless the folks are unemployed or willing to take vacation
Game planning? What game planning?  :) 

HC - GM - Renaissance man - Walking dictionary Reed's team doesn't look like it has any game plan! Seriously, how worse could a fan do?! 

Of course, fans don't have a vetted matrix like Reed...
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Grover

Game planning? What game planning?  :)

HC - GM - Renaissance man - Walking dictionary Reed's team doesn't look like it has any game plan! Seriously, how worse could a fan do?!

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Johnny Ticat slayer

Game planning? What game planning?  :)

Oh yes! The great plan Reed keeps talking about...  ::)

ArgoT

As an outsider on your site, you would be well served if the team hires  Paul LaPolice as the next HC.
With a decent staff, good scouting and drafting and signing the odd FA, your team could be in the thick of the race for next year especially in the weak East division.

Johnny Ticat slayer

As an outsider on your site, you would be well served if the team hires  Paul LaPolice as the next HC.
With a decent staff, good scouting and drafting and signing the odd FA, your team could be in the thick of the race for next year especially in the weak East division.
Paul LaPolice would look like a mega hybrid of Don Mathews and Wally Buono, compared to the bunch of failures the Als have had since Trestman left. 

But, if LaPolice is offered the BC and MTL HC jobs, he will be moving to the west coast...

FirstAnd10

What about Chip Kelly?

idealsheldon

What about Chip Kelly?
Chip Kelly is actually a very interesting name, a real out of the box thinker known for his hurry up offense. Plus he is of course well connected to Kaepernick.

Currently with ESPN, would he have interest in the CFL though? Plus his NFL history included clashes with his GMs in both Philadelphia and San Francisco. A potential relationship with Kavis would be interesting to say the least.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

tony

If the Wettenhals wish to continue the downward spiral, then yes consider Kelly.

If it were me, Kelly stays with ESPN.

HfxTC

AndrewDik will pass out at the dinner table when Chip tells him what his expense account has to be. Seriously Chip Kelly is a legend in the NCAA so you would need 1.5 plus to entice him. No way the Als will pay that. NOT A CHANCE.

Frankly does it matter who Andrew picks as a HC? A handful of games into next season he fires Kazoo and the next GM inherits the HC.

My combo of choice would be Ed Hervey and Tommy Condell and then let Ed sign Franklin. That might kick-start the franchise assuming Andrew retreats to NYC and acts as a fan and booster. But this is a fantasy with these owners.

Grover

It's very difficult for a Head Coach with no CFL background to have success in this League.
With the short training camp and only 2 preseason games to get up to speed and then add the extremely limited practice time afforded by the CBA, It is near impossible for NCAA/ NFL Head Coaches to have any early success.
IMHO, You need a previous CFL Head Coach or a seasoned CFL Asst H/C, OC or DC

FirstAnd10

It was just a suggestion.  The Alouettes need an offensive minded head coach.  They also need to bring in a quarterback that can be developed for the long term.  I thought that coach Kelly could identify such an individual.  I totally agree he would be expensive.  He would have to be surrounded with experienced CFL coaches.  The type of offenses he ran in the NCAA was about as close to the CFL you can get south of the border.  I realize that coach Marc Trestman did work some camps prior to joining the Als but he was provided the knowledge from CFL assistant coaches.  

HfxTC

It was just a suggestion.  The Alouettes need an offensive minded head coach.  They also need to bring in a quarterback that can be developed for the long term.  I thought that coach Kelly could identify such an individual.  I totally agree he would be expensive.  He would have to be surrounded with experienced CFL coaches.  The type of offenses he ran in the NCAA was about as close to the CFL you can get south of the border.  I realize that coach Marc Trestman did work some camps prior to joining the Als but he was provided the knowledge from CFL assistant coaches.  
I don't see any issues with Chip Kelly as a HC. Trestman , June Jones, Thedford all did ok. They all had sometingin common, good structure around them. That is not the case in Montreal.

FirstAnd10

Very hard to disagree with that point.  There does need to be a big change in structure for anything positive to occur.  Given that this is just a 9 team league it is important for every team to be viable.  Not every team is going to contend for the Grey Cup each year.  But organizations need to provide their fans with hope for the future.

Users Online

73 Guests, 13 Users (7 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
15_championships, everyman, Slomojo2005, PTBO Dave, Mightygoose, Taleback, Allek, ExPat, FootbalYouBet, Yahoo!, Google (5), Baidu

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)