CFL in QC

Chris O'Leary's story on Josh Freeman posted today.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/04/17/oleary-freeman-embraces-first-day-jitters-als-mini-camp-opens/

Also, the Seattle Seahawks have announced the signing of DT Justin Zimmer.
Zimmer is with the Falcons...at least for now.

HfxTC

Team announced the following transactions.  If anybody remembers a Russ Lande interview awhile back, he thought the CFL would be good fit for Howard.  I believe Pig's brother is Quincy McDuffie.

Player added to the roster:
Alton Howard (I), WR, Tennessee

Players released:
Dillon Campbell (N), RB, Wilfrid Laurier
Mikaël Charland (N), DB, Concordia
Seydou Junior Haidara (N), WR, Laval
Matt Vonk (N), OL, Waterloo

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2018/04/17/alouettes-transactions-april-17/
None of these guys had any business on a PRO roster. Another good sign. Sadly most of them were traded for or signed by The Great Kazoo.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

okie

My fault for just glancing without actually reading.

Team posted about 250 photos from Day 1 and Day 2 of mini-camp.  There was a couple players not listed on the roster.  One must be Pig Howard.  No idea who the other player is or the coach? with the Your Call gear.  From the pictures posted, one can tell the Als are looking to build the roster with height. 

https://montrealalouettes.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000pR7sqBxct.o/G0000XT4tzVhUeN8/I0000zGiP49XNf0E/Day1Alouettes001-JPG

Didier Orméjuste earlier today said that Chris Williams will not attend mini-camp due to travel issues.  Mike Sherman attended a funeral and missed Day 2.  

popo

Chris O'Leary's story on Josh Freeman posted today.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/04/17/oleary-freeman-embraces-first-day-jitters-als-mini-camp-opens/

Also, the Seattle Seahawks have announced the signing of DT Justin Zimmer.
Justin Zimmer release was never in the CFL transactions that I saw, and still on their roster page. 
It must be that he ended the year on the practice roster and those agreements are annual, and expire.
An example like him, or McLennan, contradict the article asserting that all CFL deals must be multi-year ones:
http://3downnation.com/2018/04/17/riders-rb-trent-richardson-im-a-free-agent/

Wihout Zimmer the Als are really lacking in anyone at Defensive Tackle.  Even if they run a 3-4 defense, I can only think of sophmore Fabian Foote and Jabar Westerman.

Johnny Ticat slayer

My fault for just glancing without actually reading.

Team posted about 250 photos from Day 1 and Day 2 of mini-camp.  There was a couple players not listed on the roster.  One must be Pig Howard.  No idea who the other player is or the coach? with the Your Call gear.  From the pictures posted, one can tell the Als are looking to build the roster with height.

It's a shame Bear Woods is no longer an Alouette. We could have had a dynamic duo of the Bear and the Pig!  :P

Almost as good as when we had Cox and Dix! 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

okie

Besides Nik Lewis & Chris Williams, the receivers that did not attend mini-camp were Stephen Adekolu, Jack Bramswig, and Alex Morrison.

Didier Orméjuste posted that WR Kenny Shaw was spotted on the sidelines chatting with Joe Mack.

Looks like all these guys are represented by the same agent: Josh Freeman, Daryl Virgies, Ross Madison, Jeremy Jackson, and Gionni Paul.

RichardVeilleux

With the release of Nat. OL Matt Vonk, I expect that Kavis Reed has signed a free agent Nat. OL. Amongst the 2 most probable/best bet to sign are: Matthew Albright -Ottawa- and Kirby Fabien. -BC- As has been written on this subject, Kirby Fabien is the logical option. He is 27 years old.

Richard

CFL in QC

With the release of Nat. OL Matt Vonk, I expect that Kavis Reed has signed a free agent Nat. OL. Amongst the 2 most probable/best bet to sign are: Matthew Albright -Ottawa- and Kirby Fabien. -BC- As has been written on this subject, Kirby Fabien is the logical option. He is 27 years old.

Richard
Danny Groulx ?

glengarry flash

don't see chip cox retiring, and there's no nic lewis retiring announcement. so what's that tell you?

Lucas Bellemare

don't see chip cox retiring, and there's no nic lewis retiring announcement. so what's that tell you?
Ce qu'a dit Richard Veilleux nous permet d'émettre cette hypothèse, en plus de l'âge et de la productivité. J'ai souvent dit que Lewis pourrait être très important pour l'attaque des Alouettes cette année mais avec son record de l'an passé c'est une possibilité d'envisager la retraite. Quant à Cox, il a eu une baisse de régime assez importante l'année dernière.

HfxTC

Chip Cox has spent the off season recruiting and is expected to join the Als Football ops.

Lucas Bellemare

Selon Didier Orméjuste, le général Sherman était toujours absent en raison de funérailles au Texas. C'est Khari Jones qui dirigeait le mini-camp, et ce même quand le général était présent. Cela reste cohérent avec ce que disait Sherman en décembre, où il désirait laisser une grande marge de manœuvre aux coordonnateurs, du moins à l'attaque.

okie

Didier Orméjuste mentioned the other day that he was told by Kavis Reed that the team will soon issue statements regarding the status of both Nik Lewis and Chip Cox.

From the latest episode of The Waggle.

Davis Sanchez says that without question, Drew Willy has looked the best among all the QB's at mini-camp.  Sanchez has doubts about Josh Freeman because he says CFL quarterbacks need to be either mobile or highly accurate.  Neither of which is a strength of Freeman as compared to other QB's in the league.  At least there is one bright spot as Sanchez was impressed with Garrett Fugate.

Article linked below is expecting Drew Willy or Matt Shiltz as the starter but picks Shiltz because of his youth.  Story also mentions Mike Sherman only attended 1 of the 3 days.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/1096040/matthew-schiltz-quart-alouettes-montreal-football-lcf

RichardVeilleux

I expect that the Als will keep 5 QB's for the training camp, but the number could be reduced to 4 after the first week. Unless he improves, I will not be surprised if Josh Freeman is released before beginning of season.

Within the next 10 days, the retirements of Chip Cox and Nik Lewis should be confirmed.

On Als site, Kavis Reed was interviewed -brief- and seemed quite satisfied. Asked if some players stood out, he did say that Stefan Logan was full of energy and looked like a 22 years old; he also praised Int. rookie WR Cameron Posy. He said that he caught all the balls thrown to him/ never dropped one.

Richard

everyman

This franchise seems cursed. Hires and fires aplenty for last 4-5 years.

Then hires an well known NFL name, optimism slowly returns...then he misses 2 of 3 days of mini-camp. And can't attend draft day. Sheesh.

Users Online

88 Guests, 16 Users (10 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
idealsheldon, RichardVeilleux, Augustus67, Taleback, J5V, FenderGuy69, Grover, mycko75, papazoola, StampsRock!, SeaFiddle, MtnCat, MrLucky, Lyle B. Style, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (5)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)