GHT120

Same old, same old....

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/kahlil-carters-brief-tenure-with-alouettes-marred-by-conflicts

He has been fired for a month. There was no family issue. He doesn’t play well with others,” said the source who, given the delicate nature of the announcement made so close to the start of training camp this Sunday, requested anonymity.“They say he’s on a power trip,” the source added. “He thought he was above everyone. He told everyone he was their boss and they had to do what he said. He was not respectful … and is very confrontational. He will never be the defensive co-ordinator for the Montreal Alouettes.
It never made sense the two were going to work together. The football players I know don’t put that stuff behind them,” a different source said. “They never seemed to patch things up after that, although money changes everything.”
Campbell, arguably the CFL’s best cover corner, undoubtedly was swayed by the Alouettes’ lucrative contract offer — reported to be in excess of $150,000. But there was another mitigating factor that influenced his decision to be reunited with Carter.
“Everyone in the league knew about that fight. He (Campbell) won the fight,” the first source said. “Maybe if he had lost. If the coach beats you up … but if you beat a coach up and they offer you the most money to go be with that coach — and you kicked his ass already — you’re going to probably have some power in the room.”
This is exactly the kind of story Johnny was expecting. The family story was complete bullship! It was a disguised firing.

They should just admit it, instead of trying to jerk everyone around... The masquerade to cover up the firing, is probably worse than the firing itself. From the sound of things, it is good that Carter is gone as DC.
perhaps ... but it is exactly the story I would expect from Herb even if it was a vague, unspecified family issue.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

HfxTC

Yup. Hard to figure.
And Sherman seems to be the only CFL HC in history who is not around seemingly anywhere. One day in 3 at mini camp. Coaching in a ghost league and not around for draft. Not around for STH meeting. Apparently still involved in ghost league for some of TC. Is he a figment?
Is he going to be around for all of camp?
High profile players who nobody seems to know if they are retired or not.
Fired coaches that we are told are not really fired but are told they can stay home and scout at the same salary.
Just seem to be the strangest bunch of stuff I've ever seen tbh.
He was also supposed to meet season ticket holders at the Fan Forum and was a no show.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

DC stubler reminds me of ex-NFL DC/HC "swamp fox" campbell. great DC but piss poor HC. some have it and others not. doesn't make him a bad guy just not HC material.
I call BS on this statement. Stubler has built his reutation as a players coach and the only time he took aHC role he was saddled with a piis poor QB and a management that refused to pay the money to get a QB. Cleo Lemon was the joke hewas asked to work with and perform miracles. He tried to make it work because of his loyalty to Pinball but it was doomed from the gitgo. He doesnt burn bridges and is never out of work cause those in the know around the league know what he can do. Last year TO paid him not to work to keep him away from the competition. He is a class guy and doesnt deserve comments about not being a HC candidate. Every situation is different  and it could very well work out that he could be the best fit for a situation going forward
There is a 50/50 chance IMO, he will be HC at some point this season.
WHAT? LOL LOL LOL. you have stubler's history all wrong as usual. joseph and bishop were the QBs plus a whole bunch of other misinformation. then how come 8 other teams NEVER OFFERED stubler a HC job? as for carter WHY would the alouettes pay a scout a DC salary? right they wouldn't. so with all the bullshit written about carter WHY HAVEN'T THE ALS JUST FIRED HIM OUTRIGHT?
Well you see dumb dumb, if they fire him they still have to pay him a DC Salary for the next two seasons and he hasn't coached a game.

The only one who could fire him is Sherman, possibly that Reed disagreed or wants to keep him on call in case there is a change with Sherman.

glengarry flash

Yup. Hard to figure.
And Sherman seems to be the only CFL HC in history who is not around seemingly anywhere. One day in 3 at mini camp. Coaching in a ghost league and not around for draft. Not around for STH meeting. Apparently still involved in ghost league for some of TC. Is he a figment?
Is he going to be around for all of camp?
High profile players who nobody seems to know if they are retired or not.
Fired coaches that we are told are not really fired but are told they can stay home and scout at the same salary.
Just seem to be the strangest bunch of stuff I've ever seen tbh.
He was also supposed to meet season ticket holders at the Fan Forum and was a no show.

he's going to miss all of montreal's road games since he'll be in VEGAS drinking scotch with that all round drunk herb zurkowsky!!

glengarry flash

will GM kavis reed go out and sign LB adam bighill who was recently released by the NFL NO saints!!

okie

Nik Lewis on Youtube stating he requested and was granted his release.  Does not sound like he is going to be involved with the Als in any capacity this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URdpJB57FCs

Rick Moffat confirmed that Training Camp starts May 20.

Website Roster Number Changes

Ackie, Chris  LB  N  6'2  205  26  Wilfrid Laurier - from 10 to 21
Baron, Woody  DT  I  6'1  270  24  Virginia Tech - from n/a to 97
Bramswig, Jack  WR  I  6'5  220  25  Boston College - from 88 to 71
Brown, Ryan  DT  I  6'2  266  23  Mississippi State - from n/a to 93
Burnett, Joe  DB  I  5'10  180  31  Central Florida - from 15 to 17
Gore, Jakhari  RB  I  5'9  190  26  Florida International - from 33 to 36   
Henry-Ajudua, Frederick  DE  I  6'2  246  25  North Carolina Central - from 96 to 90
Howard, Alton  WR  I  5'7  184  25  Tennessee - from 16 to 70
Jamieson, Sean  OL  N  6'7  317  23  Western Ontario - from 64 to 57
Johnson, Drico  DB  I  6'1  207  24  UCF - from 44 to 31
Knox, Kyle  LB  I  6'1  220  29  Fresno State - from 50 to 46
McMillan, Vantrel  DL  I  6'2  250  24  Tennessee at Chattanooga - from 90 to 96
Meade, Robbie  LB  I  6'3  245  26  Kean University - from 41 to 48
Medeiros, Zackary  K  N  5'11  206  27  Western - from n/a to 30
Muamba, Hénoc  LB  N  6'0  230  29  St. Francis Xavier - from 1 to 10
Murray, Najee  CB  I  5'8  194  24  Kent State - from n/a to 15
Murray-Lawrence, Shaquille  RB  N  5'8  202  24  UNLV - from 34 to 35
Outlaw, Lonnie  WR  I  6'7  225  26  Miles College - from 71 to 73
Robinson, Jamal  WR  I  6'4  205  25  Louisiana at Lafayette - from 84 to 88
Robinson, Josh  RB  I  5'8  217  25  Mississippi State - from 35 to 34
Van Gylswyk, Quinn  K  N  6'2  192  27  British Columbia - from 00 to 6                           

RichardVeilleux

Thank you for the information,okie.

Richard

HfxTC

will GM kavis reed go out and sign LB adam bighill who was recently released by the NFL NO saints!!
He's waiting on Henoc's decision on moving to Left Tackle.

okie

Josh Bell says Tommie Campbell never touched a coach in Calgary.  Thus, he is refuting the Herb Zurkowsky story where Campbell had a physical confrontation with Kahlil Carter.

GHT120

Nik Lewis on Youtube stating he requested and was granted his release.  Does not sound like he is going to be involved with the Als in any capacity this year.

Sounds like he decided to retire and he said he asked to be released, perhaps/likely to sign a 1-day deal with Calgary to retire a Stamp.

Totally left the door open for a different role with the Als and tough as it clearly was to step away from the game, maybe not the best time to immediately make new plans.

RichardVeilleux

Herb writes that Chip Cox,who could return, "has a telephone meeting scheduled  Saturday night with Reed". If so, won't definitely be in camp Sunday.

Richard

tony

Nik Lewis on Youtube stating he requested and was granted his release.  Does not sound like he is going to be involved with the Als in any capacity this year.

Sounds like he decided to retire and he said he asked to be released, perhaps/likely to sign a 1-day deal with Calgary to retire a Stamp.

Totally left the door open for a different role with the Als and tough as it clearly was to step away from the game, maybe not the best time to immediately make new plans.
Lewis on with Mitch Melnick this afternoon. He had made up his mind a couple months ago but it was not announced until now as they were talking on other possibilities within the organization.
As of today, he is not coming back to Montreal.
He is at home in Regina.
He said retirement had been on his mind for a couple of seasons. Last season he had several nagging injuries and one in particular to his foot that said would have him limping around often.

Most proud of his consistency over the years.

Lucas Bellemare

Situation prévisible à des kilomètres mais tout de même dommage. La fiabilité, l'efficacité et la dévotion de Lewis aurait pu aider fortement celui qui sera notre quart-arrière cette année. 

jkm

Manziel tweets he signed with the Ticats.  Let the circus begin!

RichardVeilleux

Nik Lewis aura 36 ans le 3 juin 2018. Il était temps de tourner la page avec ce grand joueur.

Yes, Johnny has signed with Hamilton. Definitely great publicity for the CFL, but let's hope it's positive.

What will happen with Vernon Adams? Some may think that he could be traded back to the Als. I don't,but some may think so.

Richard

Users Online

93 Guests, 12 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
football101, Holy Mackinaw, MadJack, Count Floyd, Sidney, Hamilton2005, Grover, SeaFiddle, mike2579, hanker66, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 164. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)